Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andrew's 01-13 Update: Car crunch, Disneyland Arctic, Parade of Dreams, and more!

Well well well…
    This trip report was supposed to happen several days earlier. I decided that Thursday would be a great day to go down to the park for awhile, enjoy my favorite Main Street USA music that I’ve missed so much, and get some pictures of the renovations of Haunted Mansion and the lightposts.
    So I was on my way and everything, heading down the 91, which was cruising at an amazing 60 MPH for 1:00 in the afternoon.
    And then, all of a sudden, it wasn’t.

Foiled!

Flash forward to Saturday. My rental Pontiac Vibe (“Skippy,” to her friends), Shan and I headed down to the park.
    Cold. Bitter cold, met us.
    I was wearing a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and jacket.
    … and I was still cold???

Anyways, here’s a lightpost that’s being antisocial. Note he is surrounding himself with walls.

Keep your distance… I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE!!! *sobs*

And then, to satisfy my need for a familiar parade, we sat down (in the cold) and watched the Parade of Dreams. It was really nice to see it back. I just reminded me of summer.
    NIGHT TIME SHOT EXTRAVAGANZA!
    So…
    Tink and Peter say word up homedawgs.

Word up hom—hey! Who wrote this script?

At this point, Belle and the Beast decided that Tink and Peter were just too cute a couple (you KNOW Tink wants Peter… it’s just so obvious!) so they came and showed them up.

And you thought Peter and Tink were an odd couple…

I don’t like the look on Jepetto’s face.

Cause, like, those are kinda good looking marionettes… just sayin’ I think Jepetto notices.

Ariel’s float has lost much of its water, with clear plastic tubing taking the place of actual flowing water…. It kinda works.

Is this haunted water actually flowing????? Or is it your imagination… hmmmm??

Ursula busts in. As mentioned, she does have a bit of a five o’clock shadow going.

And, after all, in Fantasmic, Ursula DOES take matters into her own te(s?)ticles…
    Conspiracy?

Reading these signs reminds me of trying to navigate DCA.

This joke closed for yearly refurbishments.

Nala’s looking sultry, as always.

Moira Kelly, on the other hand, does not.

Someday her prince will come… but until then, she’ll just dance. It’s cool.

Oh gosh… her eyes! They look-in-to-my-soulllll

Word.

Word.

Waiting for Remember, Dreams Come True (presented by HONDA) to start, this woman had a cast member read off a story about their relationship, before taking her man to the front of the castle and proposing to him!

Everybody say awwwwwww!

The happy couple.

I REALLY OUTDID MYSELF THIS TIME!!! LOOK AT ALLLLL THE HAPPY FACES!

And… wait! Another couple gets engaged here!
    We looked at them in awe!

Awwwwwwwww!

I said “awe.” A-W-E!

Ooooooooooooooooo!

As is often the way of things, due to winds at high elevation, their fireworks spectacular “Remember… Dreams Come True” has been cancelled.

Fantasmic was not, but there are no obligatory blurry monkey shots for you today.

And then, rocket rockers, we rocked over to the Rocken Rockit Mountain and rocked that rocket to the rockin’est rock concert in the rock-ospehre! It was a rockitty rockin’ good rocket.
    Or not, as evidenced by the Siskel and Ebert we’re giving.

Heck… even ROGER EBERT would give this a thumbs down. That guy likes everything!

As we were walking back to “Skippy,” Shan noticed this beautiful architecture shot in Mickey and Friends. So I took it.

It really is a pretty structure.

And that will do it for this week… or so. I might have an intermediate update from the park tomorrow, but I’m not sure.
    As always, your comments are welcome and encouraged!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Andrew's 01-13 Update: Car crunch, Disneyland Arctic, Parade of Dreams, and more!

Yikes! I'm so sorry about your car

Great TR!

• Up is Down

Re: Andrew's 01-13 Update: Car crunch, Disneyland Arctic, Parade of Dreams, and more!

that 91 is crazy in the afternoon thats why I only drive it early in the morning or late at night.... anyways nice pics glad you enjoyed Rockin Space too!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Directly directed

Sorry about your car! I liked the reference to George of the jungle. Clever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    that 91 is crazy in the afternoon thats why I only drive it early in the morning or late at night.... anyways nice pics glad you enjoyed Rockin Space too!
    That is ideal, but coming from Redlands, it's really the best way to get there. The 57 the whole way is just dumb.
    That said, coming BACK from Disneyland at night is a dream!

• We wants the Redhead

I am so sorry about your car. I well remember the 91 and the people who use to like to hang out on it.

Great pictures!! Loved your commentaries... Thanks for sharing...
    Janet
    John 3:16

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

The Parade is presented by a Light Bulb Company now?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Beer is good beer.

Sorry about your car! Thanks for the update and sharing your pictures.
    M A S E C A !

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Funny how they should really be sponsoring the Electrical Parade, which actually requires light bulbs.

• Beep Beep!

Commentary was really good, I liked the joke down for refurbishment....
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Funny how they should really be sponsoring the Electrical Parade, which actually requires light bulbs.
    Sylvania does sponsor the Electrical Parade as well. It even says so on the Big Drum in the first float.

• Banned User

Awesome update!

• !

yikes ur car ): someone just hit you ?

haha thanks for the report and your comments. they were hilarious.
    my favourite was when you said, "Waiting for Remember, Dreams Come True (presented by HONDA)"

• Popular Princess

awesome update! loved the commentary! thanx for sharing!

btw-sorry about your car!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    I believe it has been since its inception. Sylvania often sponsors parades. They have for the past few parades, I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast