• My arms are tired!

Disney Museum/Walt History - Should it be Permanent?

I'm so looking forward to seeing the 50 years exhibit, from the pix everyone has posted, it's just fabulous.

Should the 50th exhibit in some form be maintained in the park (say in another store front on Main Street) in conjunction with an exhibit tribute to Walt & his vision of the park? I like shopping as much as anyone, but I vote that 1 store full of plush be closed in favor of keeping something like this open. Disney has so much stuff (I presume) they might even be able to do revolving exhibits, such as different lands/parades/attractions/exhibits on how the imagineers work (like interviews with X Atencio on Pirates or HM).

Or am I totally out of it and this is already planned to stay in some form? Showing my ignorance, should be tossed off the JC to be consumed by piranhas?

Snow

Who also wishes the old Disneyland and Wonderful World of Disney shows would show on the Disney Channel (or be released on DVD) especially the shows geared to the park and park attractions!

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• insufferable know-it-all

Much as I would LOOOOOOVE the model to be continually availible, I don't think the exhibit should stay permanently... not good enough, honestly. Now, if it had been as good as the "Architecture of Reassurance" exhibit.... yeah, build it a home!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

I love the exhibit, but I don't think it'd hold it's staying power for long if it was up continually; maybe they could cycle it in and out every 5 years or so.

I do know that if the movie ever became available on DVD, I'd snap it up in an instant. Maybe it could be part of a DL Treasures release?

• Banned User

no

• Who's your DaddyB?

I think 18 months of it will be enough. The model is simply amazing though. I have some pictures of it on visionsfantastic.com ( http://www.visionsfantastic.com/dadd...ate/update.htm )and will have more next week. The detail of the model is really something else. I probably spent an hour and a half in there last night taking pictures...

---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Lovin' Life!

You got some great shots, daddyb! I love that model!

And, I'm with Snowflake...let's get those fabulous shows on DVD! They would be a hot item!

As for the longevity of the exhibit ~ 18 months will probably do it. I think it gives a wonderful retro-view of what DL was in the beginning! The tickets, the art work, the MODEL...how it all began...and I hope everyone will take the 20 minutes to stop in to see how DL came about.
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    one word. YES.

Then re-do it for 75, and 100, and so on...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

As a former CM of Great Moment With Mr. Lincoln, I'd have to say no but I think some items should be left behind. The main lobby could retain most of what is there now. I think it's appropriate since the main lobby holds Walt's old office. It's funny because when I used to do the spiels there I never understood why some of the stuff in the room where there. Now it ties in better. Or at least that's my opinion!

Gotta love the Steve Martin video too!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Something to add-- You have to remember people come from all around the Globe to Disneyland. It is far more than an attraction or amusement park. It is An American Institution.

It should be permanent, to pay honor to the past, if not there, then somewhere within the park.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Disney has so much stuff (I presume) they might even be able to do revolving exhibits, such as different lands/parades/attractions/exhibits on how the imagineers work (like interviews with X Atencio on Pirates or HM).
    As I said in my original posting, I think a revolving exhibit would be a good idea, keep things fresh, God knows, there is plenty for them to focus on!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Hooterville, USA

Do both! The new movie to be shown in the Hall, the Lincoln show in the theater. Combine them for maxium fun.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• With my wife....

Bring back Walt's office

But the model can stay, too!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• My cuties!

Great pictures DaddyB!

• Minion

I'd like to see it stay permanent, but in perhaps an altered form - different location on Main Street, or Disneyland history in the lobby, Mr. Lincoln in the theater (I'd really like the Royal Dano vocal audio to be remastered, if possible....by today's audio standards it's a bit on the weak side. Disneyland should always include a place to learn about Disney history.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club