Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: the disneyland train

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hmm. Not quite sure this would work. The length of the trip between stations is long enough to where I am sure a small percentage of the people may change their minds and decide to get off at a different station, when they are already boarded to get off at a specific station.

For example, suppose I board at MS and want to go to NOS to ride on POTC. Now suppose I change my mind and decide I want to go to ToonTown instead so I can go on IASW. Do these people need to jump onto a different car? Combining this with people exiting the train and boarding it I think this would create quite a confusing situation.

Anyway, just my thoughts on that.
    The designations would be more guidelines than anything else. In your example, if you initially want to detrain at Frontierland Station and you change your mind, then you would be able to continue to Toontown Depot. There is just a possibilty that from Toontown to Main Street, your seat may be empty.

Having dedicated cars would simply provide better organization in the boarding and detraining process, and the system has the potential to allow for a whole third row of seating to be added.

Again, to use your example, it would be much easier to tell a person who is boarding at Frontierland Station to take all the empty seats in the "Frontierland" car than it would be for guests to walk from one end of the platform to another hunting for seats and climbing over everyone else to find them.

• Closed Account

I disagree that there is room for fold-down cinema-style seating. The trains are often crowded enough as-is, without trying to devise other ways to cram even more people aboard!

Also, I think the idea of "suggested" station-specific cars is unnecessary, complex, and will be utilized not at all. It's a useless solution to a non-existent problem that has the potential to create even more confusion on the station platforms, as guests try to figure out what car they "should" be on.

In the grand scheme of things, the original poster's rant is little more than a insignificant blip on most train passengers' radars. It's a train, after all--not some country club where the chances of you having your toes stepped on are remote. On train cars, people jostle each other sometimes. If this bothers you, then your best bet would be to get on a train car and slide ALL THE WAY DOWN to either the front or back of the car. That way, you will not have to worry about folks trying to squeeze past you (just don't step on any toes yourself when you have to de-train, however--the result might be that someone else starts a thread similar to this one).

This clearly isn't a wide-spread concern, and it seems a waste to devote valuable brain-power to solving a problem that really doesn't exist.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    This clearly isn't a wide-spread concern, and it seems a waste to devote valuable brain-power to solving a problem that really doesn't exist.
    Are we still on the "Trains thing", or did we move on to Global Warming? Hehe...don't get riled up, you Global Warmers out there...

• Hooterville, USA

Amen to that.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• dancin' on my head

Funny. Stroller. Climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    The Trains are fine. Next.
    hahaha

As to the subject of strollers: we do the back packs with the babyseat on top.

As to how hard it is to get out of the trains: it truely is the people and not the trains fault. I mean there are people going all the way around Disneyland and the sit right at the aisle. Where as you who wants to ride from Tomorrowland to Main Street, have to crawl over them to get your seat, and then back over them to get out.
    "all hail the American night"
    YOAMD Prizes Won: 3
    DMR Prizes Won: 1

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

im just seeing what other people think dont come in here with rude comments

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwgrlup View Post
    I agree, the strollers on the train are a PITA. I leave my stroller parked.

THANK YOU AT LEAST SOMEONE AGREES

Whew! I'm out of breath just from reading that single sentence! Punctuation is your friend!
    Amen

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    im just seeing what other people think dont come in here with rude comments
    I don't see my comment being rude, and certainly not directed at you, but as long as you're handing out rudeness lessons, a good one to remember is that perhaps you should refrain from cussing me out and calling me vulgar names in private e-mails. It doesn't become you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Strollers will continue to be a perennial hot topic, along with breastfeeding, kids on shoulders, squitguns, leashes, and the 20 other items so eloquently catalogued by Disneyphile recently. People will have very strong opintions on either side, but we should all remember to keep it civil. It's frustrating trying to haul a gigantic stroller ANYWHERE let alone up and down the narrow spaces on the Disneyland trains. I think our solution was to simply park it and pick it up again after our round trip. Stadium seating seems like it would result in less capacity and less leg room overall. And the current benches seem like they fit the time period of the trains themselves. Stadium seating would look more like...um...Edwards Theaters. And having dedicated trains would double or triple the wait time for the next available train. Not to mention it's hard to justify the cost of putting the third or fourth train on the tracks on low capacity days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G
    Also, I think the idea of "suggested" station-specific cars is unnecessary, complex, and will be utilized not at all. It's a useless solution to a non-existent problem that has the potential to create even more confusion on the station platforms, as guests try to figure out what car they "should" be on.
    Agreed.

By the way Steve, it was neat to see your contribution in E Ticket magazine recently. I keep wanting to buy that new book of yours. It's on my list.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I already posted this but years ago people never brought their strollers with them on the rides. They parked them and picked them up later. Now for some reason people have to bring their strollers with them anywhere -- this is not a negative, just an observation.

Another observation I have is when I was a kid the only strollers you saw were the rentals -- that was it. I don't know why people started bringing in their own strollers.

Now, when my 8 year old was a toddler we did bring our own stroller in the park, but we did not take it on any of the rides. My ex and I did what we were used to seeing when we were kids, and just parked it. Although crowds in 1998 were different from the crowds we experienced in 1968 and what I did is I parked the stroller next to a fence and locked it to the fence with a bike chain. I don't know if Disney allows this, but I didn't want the stroller to get stolen.

I know this is a little bit off topic -- sorry. But it is some observations I have concerning strollers in the park.

The 300 Series has, at the ends of each car, spaces that can easily accommodate strollers. Perhaps, the 200, 400, and 500 Series' trains might offer something similar in the future.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The 300 Series has, at the ends of each car, spaces that can easily accommodate strollers. Perhaps, the 200, 400, and 500 Series' trains might offer something similar in the future.
    How about this for an idea? BAGGAGE CARS!

• Comin' at ya!

Anyone just love riding the train, just for the heck of it?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Feeling LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    The Trains are fine. Next.
    I second this....
    HEARTS CLUB !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12