Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

the disneyland train

is it just me or do they need to redo the way the disneyland railroads trains are because it is so hard to get out of those seats especially with those people with the big strollers no offense to those people but its pretty annoying having to make like a big ole thing about getting off like everyone has to get up people get other people stepping on other peoples feet who else agrees with me that they should make it more convenient for everyone???

• Closed Account

Re: the disneyland train

Whew! I'm out of breath just from reading that single sentence! Punctuation is your friend!

But seriously, just how would you propose changing the trains to make loading and unloading easier?

The Excursion cars (with the forward-facing seats) probably load and unload the easiest, but I think you'll find that most folks prefer the cars with the side-facing seats; I imagine these are the cars you find annoying.

I guess the only solution would be to wait at the station for the Excursion cars to arrive.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    is it just me or do they need to redo the way the disneyland railroads trains are because it is so hard to get out of those seats especially with those people with the big strollers no offense to those people but its pretty annoying having to make like a big ole thing about getting off like everyone has to get up people get other people stepping on other peoples feet who else agrees with me that they should make it more convenient for everyone???
    Make it more convenient for large strollers?

I really don't think you want to go there. Large SUV strollers are one of those popcorn and redvine topics on Micechat. I have a feeling you might see an argument to keep the large strollers at home and make GETTING AROUND DISNEYLAND "more convenient" for everyone. Having said that, when my kids were small, we wouldn't have thought of going without our double stroller.

Of course, back in those days, double strollers were front and back, not side to side. I think it's the side to side strollers that are frustrating people when trying to navigate through Adventureland, etc.

• Santa Barbara, CA

The Trains are fine. Next.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Hooterville, USA

The Runaway Train
    Submitted by C.J. Bostwick 1 y. 155 d. 12 h. 14 m. ago
    Category: Poems

My days are hazy, nights in a fog.
    Been up too long, I'm sick as a dog.
    Need some time to heal my brain.
    I've got to get off this runaway train.
    To sick to ride, to weak to jump.
    My breath smells like the city dump.
    It's going so fast, I'm going insane.
    Must get off this runaway train.

Been riding this train, for way to long.
    Don't know where it's going, but I know it's wrong.
    I'm just a junkie, without a name.
    With a one way ticket, on this runaway train.

All trains have a end of the line.
    When we reach it, I'll get off this time.
    My bodies so cold, and racked with pain.
    I have to get off this runaway train.

My fellow passengers, all look like me.
    We're stuck on this train of misery.
    Most smell of death, some are restrained.
    None can get off this runaway train.

Here comes the conductor, he can end my ferustation.
    And tell me when we'll reach our destintion.
    I'm sure he will understand, when I exsplain.
    Why I must get off this runaway train.

He looks at me as if I wasn't there.
    It's plain to see, that he dosen't care.
    He says, "You lousy junkies, are all the same."
    "When you're not high all you do is complain."
    "And now you want off of my beautiful train."

Don't tell me you don't like my train any more.
    You have always said that you loved it before.
    Shut up and sit down, you worthless stain.
    No one ever gets off my runaway train. HA HA HA HA.

Unless you want to spend the rest of your days.
    Riding this tracks in a mindless craze.
    Never buy a ticket, for this one way ride.
    It's tracks go through lifes darker side.
    Take some advice from a junkie with no name.
    You don't want to ride on this runaway train...

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I have seen a few people store their strollers on the front and back ends of the Excursion cars ( where people don't sit) and the CM's allow it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

In the good old days, I don't think they allowed strollers on the trains. In fact they didn't allow strollers on most of their rides.

• Closed Account

Hey, I actually thought of a great solution! It's a little costly, though, but you would NEVER AGAIN have to worry about having your toes stepped on, or dealing with large strollers:

Buy a Club 33 membership!! Then, you can ride in the Lilly Belle whenever you wish, avoiding the crowds altogether!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Hey, I actually thought of a great solution! It's a little costly, though, but you would NEVER AGAIN have to worry about having your toes stepped on, or dealing with large strollers:

Buy a Club 33 membership!! Then, you can ride in the Lilly Belle whenever you wish, avoiding the crowds altogether!
    Now that is a perfect solution!

• We wants the Redhead

I agree, the strollers on the train are a PITA. I leave my stroller parked.
    Janet
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I have seen a few people store their strollers on the front and back ends of the Excursion cars ( where people don't sit) and the CM's allow it.
    Yesterday, (1/15/2007) a CM asked me to put the stroller there! ( A fold-up umbrella handle job)

• Comin' at ya!

I agree, it's always a struggle from what I've seen
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

I've thought about this problem, too, because a third row of seats might be able to be squeezed onto the trains, if cinema-style retractable seats are installed. But, to do so, each car would have to be dedicated to a different station.

Incidentally, the D.R.R. at Disneyland Paris forces everyone to detrain at Main Street Station, so in that way the railroad there is like the monorail service here.

If people boarding at Main Street Station are directed to board the car corresponding to the station where they want to detrain, then one car would provide service between Main Street and Frontierland; a second between Main Street and Fantasyland; a third between Main Street and Tomorrowland; and, a fourth between Main Street and Main Street. Then, the fifth car could be dedicated to providing express service to the next station, whatever that station might be.

It sounds complicated, but it's really quite intuitive. This configuration has the potential to expedite boarding and minimize people stepping over each other at each station. Guests would not necessarily be required to board in appropriate cars, but the designations would, instead, just provide a guideline for better organization.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-16-2007 at 12:25 PM.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    Yeah, I think it's you. Welcome to MiceChat, though!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I've thought about this problem, too, because a third row of seats might be able to be squeezed onto the trains, if cinema-style retractable seats are installed. But, to do so, each car would have to be dedicated to a different station.

Incidentally, the D.R.R. at Disneyland Paris forces everyone to detrain at Main Street Station, so in that way the railroad there is like the monorail service here.

If people boarding at Main Street Station are directed to board the car corresponding to the station where they want to detrain, then one car would provide service between Main Street and Frontierland; a second between Main Street and Fantasyland; a third between Main Street and Tomorrowland; and, a fourth between Main Street and Main Street. Then, the fifth car could be dedicated to providing express service to the next station whatever that station might be.

It sounds complicated, but it's really quite intuitive. This configuration has the potential to expedite boarding and minimize people stepping over each other at each station. Guests would not necessarily be required to board in appropriate cars, but the designations would, instead, just provide a guideline for better organization.
    Hmm. Not quite sure this would work. The length of the trip between stations is long enough to where I am sure a small percentage of the people may change their minds and decide to get off at a different station, when they are already boarded to get off at a specific station.

For example, suppose I board at MS and want to go to NOS to ride on POTC. Now suppose I change my mind and decide I want to go to ToonTown instead so I can go on IASW. Do these people need to jump onto a different car? Combining this with people exiting the train and boarding it I think this would create quite a confusing situation.

Anyway, just my thoughts on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast