Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 88 mph

Remember, Dreams come true only when the weather is good.

So I went to Disneyland and at night the park was relatively empty and not windy at all. This got me thinking. Is there a chance that Disneyland might cancel their Fireworks show becuase there aren't enough in attendance? Or is it really the weather? So we waited with a group of 30 people in front of the castle with 5 mins. to go and already we had heard the announcement that the show might be cancelled due to the weather. And of course the fireworks were cancelled. I know the fireworks were cancelled on on the 14th also but does anyone know if the fireworks were cancelled consecutively prior? Is it possible that DIsneyland cancels their fireworks to save money becuase there isnt many people to show it to?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Talking Re: Remember, Dreams come true only when the weather is good.

lol Nice Title! That makes me Laugh!! lol the wind blows at different levels so the wind probably was okay at ground level but very windy further up.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Remember, Dreams come true only when the weather is good.

Remember, it's very difficult to judge the wind conditions from the ground, and how they will affect the fireworks. For one thing, the park is surrounded by tall buildings and a giant wall of dirt. There have been times where I've been buffeted by wind backstage, and walked onstage and not felt the slightest breeze. I've seen nights with a strong enough wind on the ground to be felt in the park, but the fireworks went off without a hitch, because there was no wind at all higher up. That was Labor Day weekend, which is usually a better time of year for fireworks.

That being said, generally fireworks are only scheduled for weekends and peak seasons. If the show has been scheduled, I seriously doubt that it would be canceled for lower than anticipated park attendance, especially since attendance estimates are usually pretty accurate.

• Comin' at ya!

So true. I went there a few months ago, and out of the 4 or 5 nights we were there, only ONE night they did fireworks.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• :)

Martin L. King holiday thats why they we're scheduled to have the fireworks & fantasmic

• Banned User

Tough cookies. I'd rather read about canceled fireworks than dirtied clothes or burned skin due to not canceling fireworks and having ash or hot articles fall on guests.

Here's a little tip: don't waste time waiting for the fireworks.

• Can see my car from here

If Walt was alive, he would be able to control the weather for the fireworks.

Since he is not, what they need is one of those Staples EASY buttons that would make the fireworks go off without a hitch, like this:

• Minion

That was easy!

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'm Ook View Post
    If Walt was alive, he would be able to control the weather for the fireworks.

Since he is not, what they need is one of those Staples EASY buttons that would make the fireworks go off without a hitch, like this:

wow you're really good. how long did that take to make?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

It would not be to cost effective to cancel the fireworks due to they do purchasing in bulk so no matter what it still costs them money .. right?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    It would not be to cost effective to cancel the fireworks due to they do purchasing in bulk so no matter what it still costs them money .. right?
    Not even to mention the fireworks are sponsered (currently by Honda I believe). They also have to pay the fireworks guest control group even when they cancel, and thats a big expense.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Tough cookies. I'd rather read about canceled fireworks than dirtied clothes or burned skin due to not canceling fireworks and having ash or hot articles fall on guests.
    I'm sick and tired of this idea that hot ash and hot peices of fireworks fall to the ground. I've been INSIDE of Disneyland more than a few times when the exploded fireworks shells were raining on our faces! It didn't burn our skin and it was just a minor annoyance.

I've been on the freeway and on Ball Rd. and have seen plenty of particles fall on my car. By the time they reach the ground they are cool to the touch and won't burn anything.

If what you say is true then there would be fires everyday. Yes, the fireworks are cancelled because of wind, but I think it's mostly because of low-level pyro and how horrible the show would look with every shell off course.

• Can see my car from here

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    wow you're really good. how long did that take to make?
    Thanks. It took about 45 minutes to make, mostly because I had to find the castle logo and the easy button image. I guess I wasn't thinking, because I actually have one of those "easy" buttons, and I should have just pressed it and *boom*I would have had the graphic!

I spent 45 minutes on a joke...man, I need to get a life!

Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I'm sick and tired of this idea that hot ash and hot peices of fireworks fall to the ground. I've been INSIDE of Disneyland more than a few times when the exploded fireworks shells were raining on our faces! It didn't burn our skin and it was just a minor annoyance.
    It wasn't a minor annoyance to a guest I had to call the paramedics for because he was hit with a burning shell. It wasn't a minor annoyance to the multiple guests had to be shoved out of Liberty Square by a friend of mine when the winds shifted during the show and burning embers were falling on them. And that was at WDW's Magic Kingdom where the shells are launched higher than at Disneyland.

With Disneyland, their shows are much closer to the ground, making the possibility of burning fallout all the more likely.

Fireworks fallout can seriously injure and possibly kill. I would MUCH rather have Disney be safe rather than sorry when it comes to Guest safety. Especially in today's sue-happy environment.

If what you say is true then there would be fires everyday.
    Want to know why there are not fires everyday?

-Prior to every show, backstage fallout areas are cleared of all combustible material by the pyro crews and are throughly watered down.

-Shows are canceled if the fallout would land outside of those controlled areas. Most likely this would be due to high winds.

The number one thing Disney is worried about is SAFETY, and safety will always win out over show with Disney.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Sorcerer Mickey in WDW's Fant! is the fallout location for the show's fireworks. Many a time did his sorcerer robes start smoking, and they're specially treated for fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast