Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    I can't take it!!!


    I can't take it anymore! They NEED to bring back the SkyWay and PeopleMover now! I'm watching DisneyDude's videos of each ride and the only way I can describe the feeling is, "That's Disneyland."
    Do you get what I mean???? It just seems a little more complete with those rides there and running. Update them, leave them the way they were, anything, just bring them back.
    As my daugher would say, "Please Por Favor."

    I apologize for blowing up.
    It's either a lack of caffeine or the fact I'm at work and would rather be at Disneyland.........where's my Mt Dew?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    487

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    I agree I've been hovering around YouTube just watching videos of Rocket Rods, People Mover, and the Skyway... Coming out of the matterhorn and recieving a breathtaking view of Tomorrowland just really set the mood that IS Disneyland! Tomorrowland never looked so busy than before the 1998 referb. Everything was in motion. Submarines, Peoplemover, Autopia, Skyway, even the Disneyland Railroad. Nothing beats it. The only downside was the rooftops of Fantasyland...
    ...

  3. #3

    • We wants the Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central, CA
    Posts
    508

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post

    I can't take it anymore! They NEED to bring back the SkyWay and PeopleMover now! I'm watching DisneyDude's videos of each ride and the only way I can describe the feeling is, "That's Disneyland."
    Do you get what I mean???? It just seems a little more complete with those rides there and running. Update them, leave them the way they were, anything, just bring them back.
    As my daugher would say, "Please Por Favor."

    I apologize for blowing up.
    It's either a lack of caffeine or the fact I'm at work and would rather be at Disneyland.........where's my Mt Dew?
    Can I hear and AMEN Sister !! I LOVED SkyWay and watching the video the other day made me really miss it. I can remember boarding it, riding it, and watching the people down below. Then there were the not so nice memories, throwing gummy bears at the people below... , I have sought forgiveness for that one . The last clear memory of riding it was in high school when we went there with my MUN club, it was so much fun!! I would love to have my kids be able to ride the SkyWay!!
    Janet
    John 3:16

  4. #4

    • Feeling LOVED
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    I agree...but for me it's peoplemover. Seeing the empty tracks just kill me everytime I walk through tomorrowland. I go to WDW and just sit on there Tomorrowland Transit Authority it brings back memories...but it's not the Peoplemover.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

  5. #5

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwgrlup View Post
    Can I hear and AMEN Sister !! I LOVED SkyWay and watching the video the other day made me really miss it. I can remember boarding it, riding it, and watching the people down below. Then there were the not so nice memories, throwing gummy bears at the people below... , I have sought forgiveness for that one . The last clear memory of riding it was in high school when we went there with my MUN club, it was so much fun!! I would love to have my kids be able to ride the SkyWay!!
    How about an Amen Brutha instead of Sister.
    And I do forgive you for the gummy bear incident!
    I agree, I would so love to have my daughters up in the SkyWay. They'd love it!!

  6. #6

    • We wants the Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central, CA
    Posts
    508

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    How about an Amen Brutha instead of Sister.
    And I do forgive you for the gummy bear incident!
    I agree, I would so love to have my daughters up in the SkyWay. They'd love it!!
    Amen Brother... Sorry about that...
    Janet
    John 3:16

  7. #7

    • Comin' at ya!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Encino, California
    Posts
    3,205

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    I can't take it! I'm stuck doing math allllllll day when I could be doing other stuff!

    I have to learn 2 chapters, do 3 homework sections by tonight to take a quiz....whew.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude




  8. #8

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I can't take it! I'm stuck doing math allllllll day when I could be doing other stuff!

    I have to learn 2 chapters, do 3 homework sections by tonight to take a quiz....whew.

    Alright, you beat me there, I can't stand math............
    I feel for you man.

  9. #9

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    The Peoplemover was a crummy ride. The tires in the track made the cars bang up and down with a thud every time it ran over one. annoying and not well designed. The audio cut in and out half the time too. Not the sleek futuristic attraction you think you see. The skyway was nice.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    636

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    I can take it.

    One of them was a boring ride that wasn't popular.

    The other was an eyesore.

    Build something else. By bringing back the PeopleMover and the Skyway only contradicts the whole point of Tomorrowland.

  11. #11

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    I can take it.

    One of them was a boring ride that wasn't popular.

    The other was an eyesore.

    Build something else. By bringing back the PeopleMover and the Skyway only contradicts the whole point of Tomorrowland.
    They can update them both with the same idea though.
    There isn't much in TL that is very much about Tomorrow anymore anyway.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    636

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    They can update them both with the same idea though.
    How? The skyway is pretty much a ride over the park, there's not much updating in terms of entertainment that the park could do.

    The PeopleMover could probably only get new vehicles if they wanted to do an update.

  13. #13

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    How? The skyway is pretty much a ride over the park, there's not much updating in terms of entertainment that the park could do.

    The PeopleMover could probably only get new vehicles if they wanted to do an update.
    The entertainment won't change much for SkyWay but they could put a theme to it. Not just have it be gondola's flying over Disneyland.

    The PeopleMover can be updated with different vehicles and different scenes within the ride itself.

  14. #14

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    I say "no" to bringing back both rides "as-is". That's "yester"land, not
    Tomorrow-land. :-)

    However, I say a strong "yes" to bringing back some attractions that provide
    motion to the scenes in Tomorrowland. If it's a new version of both Skyway
    and PM, I'm completely fine with that, but personally, I would rather see new
    attractions that provide that movement. (There's been several threads on
    that topic so I won't bog this thread down w/ concepts).

  15. #15

    • Comin' at ya!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Encino, California
    Posts
    3,205

    Re: I can't take it!!!

    How about a futuristic pod that you "fly" over disneyland? There are endless possibilities to what the skyway could be which would make it futuristic. Personally, I think it'd be awesome for them to bring it back, and going through matterhorn mmusta been cool. I went on it a couple times but I don't remember it...Plus I'm afraid of hieghts like that so...yeah...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

    http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude




Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •