• ...TWO BITS!

2nd floor of DCA's Animation Building?

Hi. Does anyone really know what's in the 2nd floor of DCA's Animation Building? Both above Animation Academy/ Character Close-Up and above Turtle Talk and Off the Page store. Like is it storage or office space? Is there a backstage area for CM between the Animation Academy and street to TOT?

Reason I ask is because I was thinking they might be able to add to the Animation Building attractions by placing a 2nd floor above Animation Academy and Character Close-Up for a Sound Lab. 1) Using the stereo headphones from DL's Main Street Opera House and putting in a theater here to demonstrate how sound effects are created 2) Radio Disney singing booth 3) and a hands-on making your own sound effects using various chained props ala Ursula's voice exhibit. 4) Maybe an exhibit that involves music. Like choose the music piece of your choice that would match the mood of the picture...
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-17-2007 at 04:22 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Re: 2nd floor of DCA's Animation Building?

There is technically no 2nd floor to that building. But the is a lower floor where animation academy is at but thats it. If you were to exit from the back of that theater it would lead u to those doors to the left of the Animation building. When I used to work night custodial all I saw was the black scafolding and some small halways that lead to the small upper areas and the roof. right now anything would be better than the animation academy and that wasted space on the right of it. I love the artifacts in there tho.... but most it could be put in the main street showcase area.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Minion FOREVER!

I think there's room if one wanted to a second floor, but 2nd floors are a pain...
    you need plumbing (fire)/elevators/stairs.... unfortunately, to retrofit a building like that would
    be pretty expensive.

• Bellhop Captain

Those are good ideas I must say, but all that up there is electronic equipment. The "2nd floor" is all catwalks and very little empty space.

• ...TWO BITS!

Hmm... okay, thanks.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park