Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think the smelliness of the adventureland trash compactors are beyond arguement But thats just me
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Closed Account

Well, it certainly wasn't the beehive of activity I thought it would be. Very deserted, a few folks here and there. Even my beleoved roundhouse is kind of quiet and dull after the trains are put out onto the mainline.

I can vouch for lots of stuff just sitting around; doombuggies here, a Jungle Cruise launch on a trailer over there. I guess those things are interesting, just because they are so out of their element. But the rest of backstage is almost ghost-townish and quiet, while there, just over the berm 50 feet away, you know families are having fun at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I guess the place is interesting even if just to see that there isn't much happening back there.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 05-26-2005 at 03:47 PM.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I think the smelliness of the adventureland trash compactors are beyond arguement But thats just me
    You're talking to someone who can't wait to smell the water at POTC.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    hey- I think everyone loves the smell of Pirates water- I would buy it for my hubby and make him wear it as an Eau de Toilette if it were possible!

Let's just say that the rest of the park smells fabulous and that is because all the smelly evil things are contained in the trash compactors.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    They have a warehouse in Ontario, don't they?
    I think that's just merchandise.

I posted pics of backstage awhile back (Behind Splash) I'll link you guys to the thread if u want. There was a deer back there, it was weird. I've also been in this weird blueprint room in Alice, when it broke down. That's not really storage related tho.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zissou
    I posted pics of backstage awhile back (Behind Splash) I'll link you guys to the thread if u want. There was a deer back there, it was weird. I've also been in this weird blueprint room in Alice, when it broke down. That's not really storage related tho.
    Link us!

• Hooterville, USA

hey- I think everyone loves the smell of Pirates water- I would buy it for my hubby and make him wear it as an Eau de Toilette if it were possible!

Let's just say that the rest of the park smells fabulous and that is because all the smelly evil things are contained in the trash compactors.
    Hmmmmm, bottling the POTC smell. I like that idea!

I worked at the River Belle Terrace... for one day! Although, with the 2 days of Disney University, it really felt like 3... Anyway, the area behind Space Mountain smells like rotten Ice Cream.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

AWW MAN.. i remmebr i had to throw some stuff in that thing.. i was scared to even open the door ... the smell that comes off that thing is horrid. And i found out not to stand near that door when they compact the trash in there.. the air seeps out the door and hits you liek a truck.. hahahaa
    Backstage is not that great... maybe if you went to facility or maintanace buidling youd see some interesting stuff.. but everythign else is pretty plain jane...
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    They store all their christmas decorations in the christmas storage building for aqll the parks around the world in Walt Disney World, they truck out about around 15 or now with HMH 25 semis full of Disneyland resorts christmas decorations, all unmarked and stuff, except for the real tree that goes on main street, jsut on a flatbed from somewhere! They have a full time staff at the storage place thta makes new ornament, decorates trees, and gets miles of garland ready for the holidays, christmas lights all over, replacing bulbs and storing hundreds of special christmas decorations, only thing they dont store there is holticulture and foods, those are done in park or close to the resort by growers. form Cast Members who i know, and Travel Channel special Christmas At Walt Disney Warld: Behind the Scenes, i think. But thats all true! Behind splash is the parade storage building where they keep the floats, they offer behind the scenes tours every now and then to special people and guest, jsut keep your eyes peeled! The small world holiday dolls look very spooky outside of that ride :devil: They do anyways inside the ride!!
    The warehouse at Walt Disney World is just for Walt Disney World. They have a seperate one for Disneyland.

• Feel the breeze!

Backstage at Disneyland and DCA are really not unlike any other outdoor industrial facility. Those areas REALLY remind me of my time at the shipyard, except for two things:
    1) The items are 50 years old rather than 100+.
    2) There are no Marines patroling the backstage area of DL.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

You slay me!

I loved that backstage was such a ghost town. That's why I loved exploring it so much. No one around really, no one seemed to care where you went. So quiet and yet so much happening so near. I could just go and look at floats and old attraction parts and pieces. It was my dream come true.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ntain+spoilers Sorry that it took so long. (Warning its backstage pics so don't click if you don't want to see. I got some negative rep from a couple meanies back in the day for em, but for the most part people liked em.) Sorry, couple of em are blurry. And 200!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

FYI: a good portion of the decorations for HMH are stored in the rafters of the mansion itself, wrapped in plastic...waiting patiently for every September. If you could get out of your doom buggy and walk into the show scenes and look up, you'd see some of them. Others are stored behind the door down the candlestick hallway near the start of the ride (allllll the way down and to the right). That door also leads to the ballroom (for those who are curious).
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast