Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Backstage Storage

After just reading the thread about breaking down on Attractions it made me think. Where do they keep every thing for the Haunted Mansion Holiday and all the Christmas decorations like trees and lights. If you know im really intrested.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

There are some big wherehouses backstage that house a lot of that stuff. Backstage is a fairly big place. :o

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Most of that storage is behind toontown, along with extra attraction vehicles, parade floats, and even the railroad cars (I think). The small world holiday dolls look very spooky outside of that ride :devil:

If you have ever done Magic Music Days, you have seen this storage area.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

They store all their christmas decorations in the christmas storage building for aqll the parks around the world in Walt Disney World, they truck out about around 15 or now with HMH 25 semis full of Disneyland resorts christmas decorations, all unmarked and stuff, except for the real tree that goes on main street, jsut on a flatbed from somewhere! They have a full time staff at the storage place thta makes new ornament, decorates trees, and gets miles of garland ready for the holidays, christmas lights all over, replacing bulbs and storing hundreds of special christmas decorations, only thing they dont store there is holticulture and foods, those are done in park or close to the resort by growers. form Cast Members who i know, and Travel Channel special Christmas At Walt Disney Warld: Behind the Scenes, i think. But thats all true! Behind splash is the parade storage building where they keep the floats, they offer behind the scenes tours every now and then to special people and guest, jsut keep your eyes peeled! The small world holiday dolls look very spooky outside of that ride :devil: They do anyways inside the ride!!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Disneyland does

• Banned User

I seen WDW's before... I was doing Magic music days... Interesting how large that is.. and yet the Water padgent floats are out in the open...

• Who's your DaddyB?

They have a warehouse in Ontario, don't they?
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    I know where old parade stuff goes... actually it is a areally cool story...

My dad had an interview with the Imagineers in glendale (?)... and he was going in there and he saw the old catapiller float (dont remember with parade)... when he was waiting for his interview he was (up on a CAD program) the RRCTS cars being designed... I remember him telling me about it when he got home... the sad part of this story is that my dad got a call back from them only a few weeks later and my mom never told him... so he is just a normal engineer now... But he took me to see where the office is... they are all white building and the only way you can tell they are the imagineers building is that they have little plaques by the doors with the building number and they have a shooting star on top of it... this is over by some old airport in LA... dony really know where exactly...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I used to explore backstage areas on my breaks. It was awesome. I remember over behine the Fantasyland area, kinda along the train tracks and into frontierland area there were a bunch of old parts and peices just laying around. There were some old cars from different rides and dilapidated animals from JC and such. I am sure that is all cleaned up now with all the contruction that has occurred around the park since then.

When we did Magic Music Days, my friend had a video camera hidden under his jacket and took video of backstage. I never saw it so I don't know what he caught. But I remember it looking just the same from then to when I worked there 4 years later.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Banned User

Hey.. howed he get away with that... they even said no "cell phones" out when we went backstage...

• Hooterville, USA

Hey, they ought to have a tour of back stage facilities. Sign me up.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Closed Account

Actually, it's kind of boring backstage...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    And very smelly and unglamorous. All the magic gets saved for onstage
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

One thing I noticed backstage when volunteering for Minnie's Moonlit Madness, there were a lot of old ride vehicles just rotting in the sun. Not sure if they were planning to use them later, or what? Another odd thing I saw was several mermaids from the Sub lagoon, no hair, some of them missing tails. The skin on these things was peeling and scaley, like an old barbie doll that had been left outside for way too long! Mind you, this was a few years ago as they were putting the finishing touches on the "Light Tragic" parade.

• Hooterville, USA

Smelly and junky are in the eye of the beholder. Give me a camera and get out of the way! I would have a blast snapping pics of old cars and rusting whatevers.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast