Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Bob Iger reveals new concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    But Disney did have successful movies, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King... If they could go back to that then I think they could succeed again.
    Great examples of the studio's modern era. The former two have been hugely successful for Disney Theatrical as the latter probably will too.
    Seems like the parks are moving ahead to other titles.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Here to change the world

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    We are actually living in the golden age of animation and don't know it - there's such good quality animation coming out from around the globe, regular and digital, that people forget that what matters most is how high quality the story is, not the medium it's told in. Pixar presents high quality stories.
    I would beg to differ. Just because there is a lot of animation coming out, doesn't mean it is good. This day and age, people are animating movies just because CG ends up being cheaper than live action. Sheer number of movies does not equal quality. Even though a movie makes money at the box office, does not mean it is a good movie. It just means they have a good marketing campaign and picked a good time to release it.

• Banned User

ok.. now im happy...

for now..

how long till the big coast 2 coast press announcements??

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html

well that was nice of him. He finally one uped the internet.

Can anyone provide more details on the stuff shown? Also how comes theres no concept art for DCA and Tomorrowland??
    'Carland' is the new District for DCA. Not sure where it's going, but the featured attraction will be a 'Cars' themed Test Track. Soonest it will open will be 2010, perhaps 2011.

'Pirate-themed adventure' is for HKDL; the new Monsters attraction is for TDL. Obviously 'Toy Story Mania' is our well-known Midway Mania, but the rest are only speculation (urban entertainment center for Singapore?).
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The nighttime show could be the Fantasmic rumored for HKDL, since if you look closely, you can see the Pirates logo in the back, next to Scar.

Some of these are getting me excited...as for the new theme park? Is this the China one? Could they have thrown everyone off track?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Shubisha

What's this about Carland? It looks more like the cars attraction WDS in paris is going to get.

Last month I heard that Lasseter is retiring the 3D division in Disney (Chicken little) and making Disney Do the 2D while Pixar does the 3D. I don't have a problem with those new attractions except the Toy Story Mania. I don't mind Pixar but they need to be nice and well thought attractions and none of the Pooh BullS---.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    What's this about Carland? It looks more like the cars attraction WDS in paris is going to get.
    No the cars attractionm there getting is like that lady bug thing from flick's fun fair.

Carland is a new themed land for John Lasseter's DCA. The featured attraction is a CARS e-ticket that pays homage to Knott's Berry Farms soap box racers and ties into california's route 66 history and uses Test Track technology.

Boy, this kind of spills the beans, doesn't it?

My thoughts are;

Carland = Next DCA E Ticket and surrounding development retheme and "Placemaking". Hopefully in the ugly and boring Route 66 area.

New Urban Development = Could be any big city in America, but likely Chicago or the Northeast as a location not immediately served by Disneyland or WDW.

Toy Story Live = Traveling show for civic arenas and auditoriums, kind of like current Disney On Ice.

Pirate Themed Adventure = Looks like the image Al Lutz conjured up in his last update regarding the new Pirates of the Caribbean miniland at Hong Kong Disneyland. There's just no way that could be our Tom Sawyer Island after they get done with that Pirates Lair thing this winter/spring.

Concept for new Disney theme park = This doesn't look like Shanghai. I would think this is a new concept in Disney parks meant for mid-sized markets like Australia, Singapore, Brazil, etc. I had heard Shanghai was to be a Disneyland style park.

New Nighttime Water Spectacular = This has to be DCA. This looks like the new lagoon show Al Lutz has alluded to in past updates.

Toy Story Midway Mania = This is clearly DCA and MGM Studios. This is it, it matches up with everything Al Lutz has told us about this new ride with the magic flashlights and interactive cars and such. This is under construction as we type.

Monsters Inc. Dark Ride = This is clearly Tokyo Disneyland. Al Lutz has mentioned the Tokyo version of Monsters Inc. currently being built in their Tomorrowland uses the same technology as our Midway Mania. This is under construction in Tokyo as we type.

So that's about it. Mystery solved! Although I'm sure Disney didn't want that artwork leaked just yet. I wonder how long it will last up online?

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post

Thats what I thought when I saw that
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• The one, the only...

Yeh, I see little for DCA or Disneyland. Carsland is announced as a Disney Studios Paris addition.

Remember that anyone can paint a picture. It does not cost anything to have ideas, but actually building them is another. I feel like it is a tease. "Here look at all these wonderful attractions, which are going to be spread out all over the globe so few of you will actually see all of them." It is eye candy Disney style.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Yeh, I see little for DCA or Disneyland. Carsland is announced as a Disney Studios Paris addition.
    Actually, all of this stuff is mostly for Anaheim, Hong Kong, Tokyo, or new markets yet to be announced. Who is shut out of this artwork entirely is Florida. Walt Disney World projects are nowhere to be found here, except for a version of DCA's Midway Mania in MGM Studios. Carland is for DCA, and it's obviously the Test Track concept Al Lutz talked about months ago. The lagoon show is for DCA, also mentioned by Lutz. I'll post my previous thoughts on this artwork again, only because I feel so strongly about it....

Carland = Next DCA E Ticket and surrounding development retheme and "Placemaking". Hopefully in the ugly and boring Route 66 area.

New Urban Development = Could be any big city in America, but likely Chicago or the Northeast as a location not immediately served by Disneyland or WDW.

Toy Story Live = Traveling show for civic arenas and auditoriums, kind of like current Disney On Ice.

Pirate Themed Adventure = Looks like the image Al Lutz conjured up in his last update regarding the new Pirates of the Caribbean miniland at Hong Kong Disneyland. There's just no way that could be our Tom Sawyer Island after they get done with that Pirates Lair thing this winter/spring.

Concept for new Disney theme park = This doesn't look like Shanghai. I would think this is a new concept in Disney parks meant for mid-sized markets like Australia, Singapore, Brazil, etc. I had heard Shanghai was to be a Disneyland style park.

New Nighttime Water Spectacular = This has to be DCA. Al Lutz has already alluded to a new lagoon show coming soon to DCA.

Toy Story Midway Mania = This is clearly DCA and MGM Studios. This is it, it matches up with everything Al Lutz has told us about this new ride with the magic flashlights and interactive cars and such. This is under construction as we type.

Monsters Inc. Dark Ride = This is clearly Tokyo Disneyland. Al Lutz has mentioned the Tokyo version of Monsters Inc. currently being built in their Tomorrowland uses the same technology as our Midway Mania. This is under construction in Tokyo as we type.

So that's about it. Mystery solved! Although I'm sure Disney didn't want that artwork leaked just yet. I wonder how long it will last up online?
    Last edited by TP2000; 01-17-2007 at 06:51 PM.

• Banned User

Very cool. That water show could either be HKDL or DCA.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

it says water show, wich I think relates to DCA, not HKDL, since that is going to be a Fantasmic show.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Although I'm sure Disney didn't want that artwork leaked just yet. I wonder how long it will last up online?
    Actually, with just pictures and no explanations until the press events, I say there is still speculation, at least among people not familiar with the projects as much as we are. They probably figured the annual reports and press events would occur at the same time, so it just was a matter of which hit first.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast