Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Bob Iger reveals new concepts

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    So that's about it. Mystery solved! Although I'm sure Disney didn't want that artwork leaked just yet. I wonder how long it will last up online?
    Actually that artwork was released by Bob Iger himself as a nod to disney fans. That is actually a section of the Disney Annual Report and Bob Iger wrote a very nice introduction letter. He said the art was for things under construction, in the development process, and things that may not even happen at all. He just wanted to kind of throw it out there as a gift. My respect for him as increased from its already high level.

Eisner would never ever throw us a bone like that. His annual reports only mentioned stuff that was already officially announced.

Very cool what Iger's doing, but after thinking about it more and more, and seeing the concept art, the idea of the Toy Story Mania for me doesn't really do much for me yet, of course when I ride it it could BLOW me away, but getting in a ride that relays on 3d vision..ehh I don't know. I'm already not a huge fan of 3D shows. I'd rather be immersed in a different world using actual objects, like in Pirates or Haunted Mansion, but then again I guess we just gotta keep moving forward with technology. I will do my best not to pass judgment until I've ridden this ride.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Very cool. That water show could either be HKDL or DCA.
    Don't forget that Disney Studio is getting a night time water show also. It would not take much to update Fantasmic at MGM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    Don't forget that Disney Studio is getting a night time water show also. It would not take much to update Fantasmic at MGM.
    Animal Kingom was rumored to get one too...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Actually that artwork was released by Bob Iger himself as a nod to disney fans. That is actually a section of the Disney Annual Report and Bob Iger wrote a very nice introduction letter. He said the art was for things under construction, in the development process, and things that may not even happen at all. He just wanted to kind of throw it out there as a gift. My respect for him as increased from its already high level.

Eisner would never ever throw us a bone like that. His annual reports only mentioned stuff that was already officially announced.
    That to me is definitely a sign of good things...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That is awesome. All I can say is way to go Iger for suprising us. That is the kind of thing I like to see from my Disney!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

In the letter there is also a sneak peak at the next main Pixar character after Ratatoille...Wall E.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/lts2.html

• a wind to shake the stars

A well-themed Test Track would be amazing. The one in Florida is fun but the theming is kind of absent (I mean, it's themed to a test facility, but that's not very exciting). The only problem I can see in this case is that Test Track is a huge ride and DCA doesn't have that much room left. That concept art is really cool, though.

DCA could use a nighttime show, definitely. It would be a large step in keeping people at the park all day, rather than hitting the 5 big rides and going back to Disneyland.

Walt Disney World could use the new night show. Disneyland can't hog it all. lol

• ...TWO BITS!

Amazing concept art. Thank you very much Disney and ghostbuster. I don't think these are "leaked". The link is from Disney and isn't there going to be a big announcement(s) by the end of the month?

CARSLAND- that really HAS to be for DCA. Looks like a real good upgrade from Test Track. This is exciting, but I wonder if they'll change the land name. Doesn't seem to be that original. But I can't imagine the attraction being in the current dingy Route 66 area. It's gotta be on Timon parking lot right behind TOT & Flik's Fun Fair. Then the current Route 66 redesigned for San Fran expansion.

I was also kinda hoping we'd get WDSP's version of their CARS attraction but without the movie-tie in. Instead it'd be themed as dune buggies! And for a dark ride, a gentle cruise through Radiator Springs. The rest of the land is Disney-themed to various special find you'd see on Route 66, like the Dino-shack.

PIRATE ADVENTURE- definately looks like it's for HKDL's Adventureland expansion, supposedly opening with perhaps the 4th POTC film.

NEW DISNEY PARK- I think I spot Mermaid Lagoon near the back.

NIGHT SHOW- I think it's for DCA. Wasn't it rumored a new night lagoon show would appear 2008 or 9?? True HKDL is getting a show, but a wasn't it rumored as a pirate themed F! show? DAK is doing better, rumored to get a water evening show, but I don't think at this huge scale. WDS I think was rumored as Fantasmic. To replace DL's F!, HEAVEN's NO! It's rumored to get a little update this or next summer, but not a completely unnecessary new show. It's still quite popular.

TOY STORY (MIDWAY) MANIA- I'm gonna wait on this, I'm still hopeful though.

MONSTERS- Looks neat, and in a real environment compared to TSMM. I guess the monsters react in unique ways to the flashlights.

GREAT link!

EDIT: Too bad for Incredibles and PM. Guess WDI is still working on the bugs for those.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-17-2007 at 08:19 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Santa Barbara, CA

And you missed that part where he said "and it's all on your cellphone".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    But Disney did have successful movies, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King... If they could go back to that then I think they could succeed again.

not sure if you noticed but the water show is basically dedicated to Disney animation including, little Mermaid, lion King and others as well as pirates.

the park art will most likely be for an international gate.

Carland was an idea for DCA that is still quite alive. basically a better materialized route 66.

• Banned User

Wow, what a bunch of boring concept art. More Pirates and Pixar crap. Wake me up when they announce some real E-Tickets for Disneyland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Carland was an idea for DCA that is still quite alive. basically a better materialized route 66.
    If it's based on Test Track technology is there really any room for it? I doubt it.

They might be able to do a Test Track/Cars ride at Disneyland if they removed Autopia. At this point I'd appreciate anything to get rid of that exhaust smell.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    What's this about Carland? It looks more like the cars attraction WDS in paris is going to get.

The cars attraction WDS Paris is getting is called Cars race ralley. It is nothing as big as carland.

the attraction in WDS Paris is actually a rethemed clone from DCA and TDS.

It will be very much the same as Lady Bug boogie from DCA and the same attraction in mermaid lagoon in TDS. basically it is tea cup attraction that runs in a figure eight mode.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast