Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bob Iger reveals new concepts

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    If it's based on Test Track technology is there really any room for it? I doubt it.

They might be able to do a Test Track/Cars ride at Disneyland if they removed Autopia. At this point I'd appreciate anything to get rid of that exhaust smell.

There is plenty of room in DCA for a testtrack style attraction. Timon lot is quite large and could hold several attractions including a full fledge testrack. The track could also be modified to fit within DCA also.

Notice how the concept art shows walkays and bridges over parts of the track.

What makes Testrack at Epcot look big is its

1)show room
    2) wide open area it uses for the track which was ok to do because there was plenty of land to build on.

A testrack attraction at DCA would use every possible corner and open space around the track to create walkways, shops, restroom facilities.

Basically incorporating several elements within the same land by using diferent elavations thruout the attraction including a show room for a darkride section.

So how much is disney stock these days?

over $35.00 dollars. more than double since Eisner left

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

The Pirate thing for HKDL excites me the most, as it seems to show the most Imagineering potential. I also have a slight interest in HKDL

However, I am intrigued by the 'new theme park' concept.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

well you never know it could be part of the concept art for Hong Kong's second gate in 2012

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This is a bit off topic, but I found it interesting that I saw the Woody photo featured in the annual report in Marcie's Corner over on that other website over the weekend. I just checked over there and it's gone now. (Or at least I can't find it.) I wonder who the photo belongs to? It's a GREAT concept with the little kid lit in color and the Woody 50's era in black and white. I wouldn't mind buying a print. Is this photo being sold by Disney?

Hmmm... So Marcie has access to the same photos being used in major publicity publications for the Disney company.

Maybe Marcie works in P.R.? (Sorry for the derail, and this is not meant to be an attack, etc. Just an observation.)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I don't know if anybody noticed, but in addition to the new concept art, that site features a PDF of the Financial Section of the 2006 Annual Report. The back cover of the report features this image, which I thought was very cool.

Download the Financial Section of the 2006 Annual Report here: http://media.disney.go.com/investorr...financials.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    This is a bit off topic, but I found it interesting that I saw the Woody photo featured in the annual report in Marcie's Corner over on that other website over the weekend. I just checked over there and it's gone now. (Or at least I can't find it.) I wonder who the photo belongs to? It's a GREAT concept with the little kid lit in color and the Woody 50's era in black and white. I wouldn't mind buying a print. Is this photo being sold by Disney?

Hmmm... So Marcie has access to the same photos being used in major publicity publications for the Disney company.

Maybe Marcie works in P.R.? (Sorry for the derail, and this is not meant to be an attack, etc. Just an observation.)
    That photo of Woody and the kid in Frontierland is one of the Year of a Million Dreams publicity photos in which the kids and CM or Character or Princess are in color. Theres a series of these photos, and they are available to download at www.DisneylandNews.com if you have the proper media credentials, and MouseInfo.com, where you saw that photo, has those proper media credentials.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Am I the only one confused by the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage artwork posted by MasterGracey? Where is Disney trying to place the emphasis, on Finding Nemo (as in released artwork) or the Submarine Voyage (as in the actual sign)?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Am I the only one confused by the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage artwork posted by MasterGracey? Where is Disney trying to place the emphasis, on Finding Nemo (as in released artwork) or the Submarine Voyage (as in the actual sign)?
    I think it depends where you're getting your Subs from.
    Naturally, Imagineering being the nostalgic bunch that they are, are very interested in feeding off the nostalgia of the original Submarine Voyage, and they're going to be more interested in using the Submarine imagery in promoting their latest creation.

On the other hand, marketing, as well as the studios segment are going to be MUCH more interested in pushing the Nemo aspect.

This image is an ad, so naturally its going to be pushing Nemo, moreso than the actual Subs.

I am, however, very pleased that a Submarine is prominent in the ad, unlike the new billboard at the entrance to the Esplanade, which has NO Submarine representation at ALL, except for the attraction logo.

And to make a somewhat off-topic point - what is up with Disney making multiple logos for attractions? Rockin' has 3 logos, and the Submarine Voyage has two - the logo that is the new signage (which was also featured as a logo in the 2005 Annual Report), and the logo in this ad and the logo that is plastered all over the construction walls. Whats up with Disney making multiple logos for attractoins now? It's just strange.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    That photo of Woody and the kid in Frontierland is one of the Year of a Million Dreams publicity photos in which the kids and CM or Character or Princess are in color. Theres a series of these photos, and they are available to download at www.DisneylandNews.com if you have the proper media credentials, and MouseInfo.com, where you saw that photo, has those proper media credentials.
    Thanks for the link, MG. I have never seen those on DisneylandNews. For a while there, I thought I might be on to something.

One of these days, we'll find out....

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    well you never know it could be part of the concept art for Hong Kong's second gate in 2012
    Well it IS around water, and Hong Kong Disneyland IS on an island...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Agreed but I still prefer regular animation and think that there is too much Pixar at DL.

I agree way too much pixar...

But these new ideas seem really cool, especially "car land" I wonder if they'll use the autopia, most likely not because it's such a classic..but it would be nice MM...

• We wants the Redhead

I love the new look of the rides, only thing is I would hate to see some of my favorites ripped out/revamped to build them.
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    If Disney would go back to regular animation we wouldn't be subjected to so much Pixar stuff.
    If people would go see regular animation then there wouldn't be a need to animate in the style of Pixar.

•   

I think the concepts look great but isn't there something else they could have done with Cars besides a Test Track type ride?????
    Well, I guess it all depends on how detailed the ride can get. I just hope it's not a quick 20 second ride..................

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast