Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Bob Iger reveals new concepts

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html

well that was nice of him. He finally one uped the internet.

Can anyone provide more details on the stuff shown? Also how comes theres no concept art for DCA and Tomorrowland??

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Bob Iger reveals new concepts

what is all this concept art for??? Is that going to be the water spectacular for DCA??? Whats the Cars land for?? DCA???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The pride is back.

Some of these are good ("New nightime [sic] water spectacular") while others kind of eh ("Toy Story Live"). And one or two seem like pipe dreams (a third gate????)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Directly directed

If Disney would go back to regular animation we wouldn't be subjected to so much Pixar stuff.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    If Disney would go back to regular animation we wouldn't be subjected to so much Pixar stuff.
    Only if they were as monumentally successful as the Pixar films have been for Disney...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

This looks very exciting. I hope most of it is for DCA though.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Only if they were as monumentally successful as the Pixar films have been for Disney...
    But Disney did have successful movies, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King... If they could go back to that then I think they could succeed again.

• Neep meep beep

We are actually living in the golden age of animation and don't know it - there's such good quality animation coming out from around the globe, regular and digital, that people forget that what matters most is how high quality the story is, not the medium it's told in. Pixar presents high quality stories.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Looks like pretty much DCA with TSI Pirate Island.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Blog Entries

but why would they? This is the age of new technology, it's easier for them. Why would they convert back??? Even the sequels that look like old animation are done on a computer and not hand drawn. That animation is gone, get over it. People LOVE PIXAR, which means in reality, their not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    But Disney did have successful movies, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King... If they could go back to that then I think they could succeed again.

~

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    We are actually living in the golden age of animation and don't know it - there's such good quality animation coming out from around the globe, regular and digital, that people forget that what matters most is how high quality the story is, not the medium it's told in. Pixar presents high quality stories.
    Agreed but I still prefer regular animation and think that there is too much Pixar at DL.

Blog Entries

Also, I do not think that is TSI pirate island, it's too elaborate for their time slot, I think it is art for the new pirate adventure in HKDL.

~

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    but why would they? This is the age of new technology, it's easier for them. Why would they convert back??? Even the sequels that look like old animation are done on a computer and not hand drawn. That animation is gone, get over it. People LOVE PIXAR, which means in reality, their not going anywhere.
    I don't love Pixar, and while I know that I am in the minority I know I'm not the only one. And I don't feel that I should have to "get over it" just like I'm not going to get over the fact that the people mover is really gone.

• Banned User

Lasseter already said 2D animation is coming back to Disney...first movie will probably be "The Frog Princess" 3D movies are still being made as well including "WALL-E" from Pixar and "Meet The Robinsons" from Disney. No point arguing about taht.

Lets talk only about the concept art. Here are my theories:

Carland: This is a new land for the new DCA that includes the long rumored CARS e-ticket that is based on test track technology.

Toy Story Live: Looks stupid whatever it is

New Urban Entertainment Center: No clue...it looks like a new version of Disneyquest for a big city like New York or Chicago. Although I really hope its something for either Anaheim or Orlando.

Pirate Themed Adventure: This concept art looks identical to what Al Lutz wrote about in his last article about the Hong Kong Disneyland expansion. Although its name suggests it could be anything.

New Disney Park: It looks like an alternative smaller version of Tokyo Disneysea. I hope its not for a foreign country but rather an expansion to Anahiem or Orlando were it can be enjoyed by disney fans who cant afford to go to tokyo to see real disney magic.

New Nighttime water specatular: Hopefully a new concept for DCA...possibly a replacement for Fantasmic? I think after a 15 year run its time for Fantasmic to be replaced by a simalar but SUPERIOR show.

Toy Story Mania: Obviously the ride being built at DCA and MGM Studios right now. It looks stupid compared to the similar attractiong being built in japan...which is the attraction pictured on the right.

Monsters Inc.: Instead of Midway Mania, Japan is getting this e-ticket which features over 70 new age audio aniamtronics and tons of special effects.

Anyone know anything more??
    Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 01-17-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast