Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Story Mania

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Toy Story Mania

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I think it's concept art. Until we see more complete renderings, it's going to be hard to actually figure out what this is all about.
    I agree.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I think it's concept art. Until we see more complete renderings, it's going to be hard to actually figure out what this is all about.

No! If I do that then I can't just write off what Disney is doing as inherently bad! That's no fun.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

I forgot :/

• dancin' on my head

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    You mean this:
    To me it looks like the game at Disney Quest called Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters which is described as follows "Pilot your own futuristic bumper car in a battle where you're always under attack. Fight back by scooping up "cannonballs," loading them into your blaster, and firing away at the other cars. It's an asteroid-blasting game unlike any other!
    Height Requirement: 51" (129.54 cm) or taller."

The Game was fun and my only reason for it is the whit thing fling at you, the cars, and so on. However, many of the other ideas are possible too.

Do we know what part of the park it will go in, the size of the ride, and so forth?
    "all hail the American night"
    YOAMD Prizes Won: 3
    DMR Prizes Won: 1

The illustration looks to me to show passengers wearing 3-D glasses and moving between two screens.

It seems pretty straightforward. The eggs and darts in the picture are just part of the stereoscopic projections.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

idk ... but come on, nobody else thinks that this ride is gonna be way too similar to Buzz?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

My reaction to the initial concept art was disappointment.

The use of string carnival lights overhead, what appears to be sparse themeing as Midway booths on either side... ride vehicles that look clunky and strange... I don't know. It doesn't seem entirely up to Disney par.

I've always been confused as to why Disney is building ANOTHER Toy Stoy-themed shoot-'em-up attraction. I understand the appeal to the videogame generation, but there are other ways to do this, and the themeing with Toy Story characters is too close for comfort, in my opinion. Stitch would have been better suited for this, or perhaps simply just playing the games with the Fab 5. Or better yet- how about no film tie-in at all? Not everything new has to have a Disney or Pixar theme to be successful.

Considering the recent outcome of the Rockin' Both Parks project and the garbage spewed out by Imagineers in regards to that project, I fear that those at Imagineering are starting to become as out-of-touch with the Disney themepark experience as Jay Rasulo is.

As it stands now, I'm very unimpressed by the Toy Story Midway Mania concept art. I'm hoping that when the January 24 press event rolls around we'll get some concept art that will make us all very pleased with what is being built ... but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 01-18-2007 at 01:00 PM.

• Comin' at ya!

I think it will be a LOT like buzz, but who knows? Well, I guess they do....
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• "714"

I think the ride looks neat. And I always wanted Disney to put woody & the rest of the toy story gang in a ride.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

I'm confused and scared! I'm so excited to see Midway Mania concept art and just to see a new ride in DCA is just such a relief. But I was hoping for something else.... I don't even know what I was expecting.

PLEASE GOD LET IT BE GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    My reaction to the initial concept art was disappointment.

The use of string carnival lights overhead, what appears to be sparse themeing as Midway booths on either side... ride vehicles that look clunky and strange... I don't know. It doesn't seem entirely up to Disney par.

I've always been confused as to why Disney is building ANOTHER Toy Stoy-themed shoot-'em-up attraction. I understand the appeal to the videogame generation, but there are other ways to do this, and the themeing with Toy Story characters is too close for comfort, in my opinion. Stitch would have been better suited for this, or perhaps simply just playing the games with the Fab 5. Or better yet- how about no film tie-in at all? Not everything new has to have a Disney or Pixar theme to be successful.

Considering the recent outcome of the Rockin' Both Parks project and the garbage spewed out by Imagineers in regards to that project, I fear that those at Imagineering are starting to become as out-of-touch with the Disney themepark experience as Jay Rasulo is.

As it stands now, I'm very unimpressed by the Toy Story Midway Mania concept art. I'm hoping that when the January 24 press event rolls around we'll get some concept art that will make us all very pleased with what is being built ... but I won't hold my breath.
    So many of us keep giving Disney the benefit of the doubt, but Disneyland doesn't deserve it.

The people who have been in charge of making these changes over the last thirteen years are just incompetent. They lack the creativity and wisdom of their predecessors, and they continue serving these table scraps: cheap and ill-conceived dark rides glorified by gimmicky technology and "overlaid" with random characters and meaningless "stories" that are all designed to advertise the plush being sold at the exits.

I think several annual-passport holders would enjoy the place more if they let their annual passports lapse in order to wait for Disney to actually add something decent. Perhaps, if enough people did so, the company would try to rebuild the Imagineering organization by filling it with the truly talented people, again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

It's only a concept, nothing concrete or official. I also think imagineers always deserve a chance to prove us wrong with these projects and so far they have impressed me with all the recent Disneyland changes.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I love all of this instant reaction to press release concept art. I want everybody to go to the Opera House and take a look at the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage's released concept art. Caves are the same, subs are painted the same, and the monorails are the same. It is something for Disney to show the public. Frankly, this is why Disney doesn't do the premature releases like they did in the past with Thunder Mesa or the new EPCOT Center pavilions. The internet/hardcore community will remember some crazy, blue sky $600 million C-Ticket and flip when it is never built.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by yehoshua View Post
    Do we know what part of the park it will go in, the size of the ride, and so forth?

The ride will be located in DCA as part of Paradise Pier. If you ever ate at Maliburritos and wanted to go back, drop those hopes as the ride is taking its spot.

It does register as too much of the same thing after Buzz Lightyear opened. But who knows.. it could be really cool.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
    idk ... but come on, nobody else thinks that this ride is gonna be way too similar to Buzz?
    it will be similar to buzz in the same way that SpaceMountain is similar to TheMatterhorn

similar but diffrent ,

i think the 3d of this ride will really be it's saving grace

i am personally exited about it

My Maleficent tattoo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast