View Poll Results: Do you collect Disneland Pins?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 48.15%
  • No

15 18.52%
  • I buy a few of em.

22 27.16%
  • I'm obsessed! I buy them all!

5 6.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Pins

• Comin' at ya!

Disneyland Pins

How many of you actually collect disneyland pins? I don't mean by a few here and there, but actually collect?

My thoughts are that I would only collect if I

A: Had a LOT of money, t hose things are pricey and abundent.
    B: Lived near/went to disneyland frequently

I would see the only reason of collecting if you actually get them all (unless you just want a certain set). Which of you do the pin collecting? Anyone think it's a waist of money for pics? Not trying to be rude or anything negative, I'm just curious what you all think.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: Disneyland Pins

My sister does, and sometimes I'll help her addiction by grabbing one for her at the park, but as for myself? Nope.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think there's better things I could collect from Disneyland, but I do have a few of them...maybe like 5 of them, my most prized one being of my avatar.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Well, when I was a kid, there was no such thing as pin collecting so I never really got into it and really don't get what all the hype is all about other than the fact that they are pretty.

But don't get me wrong -- if you are a collector I say all the power to you!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Personally, I'm more of a Pin Trader than Collector. The people who obssess about them and sit out near Coke Corner every sunday with their binder scare me. I've also heard them be really icky to kids who want to trade pins (They'll make them trade 3+ of their pins for one of the collector's).

To me Pin Trading is just something extra I do for fun while at DLR. I don't look mainly for rare or limited pins, I just go with what I like and catches my eye... usually it's princessess but I've been picking up other sets recently.

I don't spend too much money on them because I usually pick mine up from Company D for 2$-3$ a pin and I go through about 20 pins a month or so.

I've also been known to be kind of frugal with pins when it concerns MC'ers... especially kids. I like to be a sorta Pin Fairy Godmother.

If I have a pin in my traders of their favorite character, it's theirs.

I don't see it as costly, because it really isn't to me, plus it's tons of fun to just go through the park at times looking for pins. I think the only time I've spent a ton on pins was before our WDW trip because I wanted to be prepared for stuff I wouldn't see at DL. I'll probably even do the same when I make my eventual trip to DLP later this year.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

My husband has about 2000 pins.. Does that mean anything?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I object to forcing the cast members to wear those lanyards over the costumes.

Disney really pushes the pins hard because the profit margins are so high and the people who buy them potentially buy several. I would be alright with the fad if Disney wouldn't be so willing to compromise the show in order to sell the things.

• Senior Minion

I enjoy pin collecting, and as of late pin trading. I mostly purchase my pins from eBay, and buy a couple at the park. But, I do go everywhere I can for those pins - DL, DCA and the Soda Fountain Shop in Hollywood (because they have certain pins limited to the Fountain Shop ONLY).

Recently, since I also play VMK, I have been going to the park and buying the VMK Pirate Pin set (I already have the whole set ... but am going to buy more). The attraction with the VMK pins is that they also have codes for exclusive virtual items, and you get a real pin to boot. I've bought 15 boxes, at 2 pins per box - that's 30 pins so far. And since I get repeats with these I trade the real pins at the park.

I am a tad obsessed I would say, because I can't leave the park without buying a few pins anymore. I always go to WOD first, then the Emporium ... and then the pin shop in NOS. After that I wander around the park trading ... then when I'm satisfied I go over to DCA and do it all over again!

And oh yeah .... look at my signature! LOL!!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    My husband has about 2000 pins.. Does that mean anything?
    it means you have legal grounds for divorce...
    just kidding, of course

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I enjoy pin collecting, and as of late pin trading. I mostly purchase my pins from eBay, and buy a couple at the park. But, I do go everywhere I can for those pins - DL, DCA and the Soda Fountain Shop in Hollywood (because they have certain pins limited to the Fountain Shop ONLY).

Recently, since I also play VMK, I have been going to the park and buying the VMK Pirate Pin set (I already have the whole set ... but am going to buy more). The attraction with the VMK pins is that they also have codes for exclusive virtual items, and you get a real pin to boot. I've bought 15 boxes, at 2 pins per box - that's 30 pins so far. And since I get repeats with these I trade the real pins at the park.

I am a tad obsessed I would say, because I can't leave the park without buying a few pins anymore. I always go to WOD first, then the Emporium ... and then the pin shop in NOS. After that I wander around the park trading ... then when I'm satisfied I go over to DCA and do it all over again!

And oh yeah .... look at my signature! LOL!!
    "Hello, my name is Stitch, and I am a pin-aholic" There are much worse things to be hooked on, right?

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Mrs. Jables and I usually stick to Pirates, Stitch, Mansion, and Nightmare pins. If there was a better way to display them I'd probably buy more. I had all my Nightmare pins on my Nightmare bag (which I'm wearing in my picture), but there's too many pins and not enough room.
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Beep Beep!

I will only get ones that I really like, I don't trade, I just buy the ones I like.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    "Hello, my name is Stitch, and I am a pin-aholic" There are much worse things to be hooked on, right?
    LOL! Yes I do have a problem! But you're right, there are worse things to be hooked on.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HDAlien View Post
    I will only get ones that I really like, I don't trade, I just buy the ones I like.
    Yep...that about sums me up, too. I've spent quite a lot on Ebay building up my collection.
    Durned, durty Ebay...making things so accessible.

• 2 ifidibee and beyond!

2 Minutes from the parking structure, 30 minutes from the main gate!

I love to collect pins! I don't trade though. We first got our AP's as a family when my daughter was almost 2 (she is 4 1/2 now) So, I have made a hobbie of collecting the pins of all of her "firsts". Everytime she is tall enough to go on a new ride we get one (but she has to go on it twice to prove she has accomplished it ) I have the pins of the characters that she has been for halloween, some of the shows that are her favorites. It has been a great way to commeorate our visits and do some more afforadle collecting.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast