Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Traveler to the south

What is your Disneyland tradition?

I'm sure this one has already gone around but I wanted to know if everyone had a favorite D-land tradition? Ours was whoever saw the Matterhorn first got to pick the first ride. My Dad was sneaky though and he used to put me on the wrong side of the bus that took us from the airport to (remember?) the Grand Hotel, which was the central stop for the area back then. I remember having my nose against the window of the bus, scanning the horizon, only to have my Dad yell, "there it is"! Oh, the dismay! It's o.k. though, he usually let me pick anyway! One of my biggest joys was bringing my Dad to the park and seeing the Matterhorn first and then actually letting HIM pick!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Gumball Rally Godfather

(1)When entering the Park, I always walk under the tracks on the correct side...that being the right (east) side facing Main Street Station
    (2) We always have breakfast at the Carnation Cafe.
    (3) We always try to eat lunch at the Hungry Bear (way in the back on the upper level).
    (4) When leaving the Park at night we always go under the railroad tracks on the correct side... that being the City Hall (west) Side.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Always enter thru west (City Hall) side. I think it gives a better first view of Main St. Usually leave the same side.
    Victoria always likes to look at the display windows in the emporium.
    I like to stand on the large circle near Sleeping Beauty's Castle with the words to "When You Wish Upon A Star" then look for the brass marker in the floor of the castle entrance.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• OM NOM NOM

Have to ride Matterhorn. Every Time.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Don't hate the game...

well when im with my family, we call pirates of the carribean "pirates and the can of beans" just a stupid joke but it never gets old
    Last edited by luvsongthatnvrends; 05-25-2005 at 10:35 PM.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    The only tradition the Jr Miss and I have is we have to hit HM every trip.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Junior Senior

Quote Originally Posted by luvsongthatnvrends
    well when im with my family, we can pirates of the carribean "pirates and the can of beans" just a stupid joke but it never gets old
    Oh my gosh, my dad used to call it "the pirates of the beans" when we were little to make it seem sillier so we wouldn't be scared of the pirates. We also called Peter Pan "peanut bread" for reasons I cannot remember at all. We made up a song called "peanut bread is mommy's kind of ride" because my mom was a bit of a ride wimp. God, kids are ridiculously silly.

• Senior Minion

1)Enjoy Blue Bayou everytime we go. A must
    2)Mint Julep's from the Mint Julep bar only. hang out by the Rivers of America and people watch and enjoy the trafic and ambience of the park
    3) Must Ride Indy at least twice.
    4)Dole Whip (Need I say more)
    5)Always enter on the right leave on the left. That will never change.
    6) have to ride everything one time at least except for a few rides in Fantasyland
    7)Toontown- RogerRabbit
    8 ride the train around Disneyland once. I love the trains.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Time Traveler

1) IHOP for breakfast.
    2) The first ride, the first day is always Casey Jr.
    3) Monte Cristo's from B.B.
    4) Last ride every night is Indy.
    5) Last day is for shopping.

This year I'm going to try both the mint julep, and a dole whip.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24
    1)
    This year I'm going to try both the mint julep, and a dole whip.
    OMG... has anyone ever considered the implications of mixing them?
    The Whip Julep
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    On my upcoming trip, I plan on first riding the train around the park, before actually entering Town Square. I then plan on a visit to City Hall. I won't forget to notice the light in Walt's Apartment. This will be my first visit to Disneyland, I hope not my last.

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

Barbaraann,
    That is our favorite thing to do too. We pay ours respects to Walt's Apartment (been up there a few times, it's awesome), then we take the train around once and say hello to "Chief Waves A lot". You'll see him!
    Have a blast at DL, the first and the best! When are you going?

Another silly tradition is like the person who posted a few before this, we go to Pirates shortly after getting there, but we call it "Pirates of the Carrot
    Be-In."

• Done and Gone

When we arrive, we always stop at Disneyana to see whats new.

At some point during the day, my wife and I share a quick kiss in front of the castle everytime we go. We also glance up at where we got engaged while we hold hands.

On the way out, I look at the lamp in Walt's apartment and I say a silent thank you to the man whose dream I just walked through.

• Man O Lantern

Enter on the right (bank), leave on the right (City Hall). Always!

I only ride Matterhorn on the right side.

Always ask for the front row on Small World. Have started to do the same with Pirates, after too many sucky rides behind annoying people.

A Dole whip is a must! But I have to eat it waiting for the Tiki Room. I never get one and eat it elsewhere.

And now so are those delish apples covered in gooey chocolate, cinnamon, caramel, M&M's and all the rest (my personal fave is the apple pie apple....so GOOD). We actually plan on eating a light breakfast one morning each visit so that we can gorge on junky apples about 10 a.m. The girls are allowed to order whatever they want......it's so messy and wonderful! Then we eat a light lunch later.

Always take a group pic in front of the castle. Used to do the Mickey Head at the entrance gate.....but eh. Those pics never turn out great. I prefer the castle.

We always make a wish in Snow White's wishing well. The last time I did it alone with my 4 year old, just after dark and the freaking Evil Queen came striding up toward us!! She is terrifying!! She came to a halt in front of my daughter and scared the crap out of her! It was the coolest, yet freakiest, moment of our trip I think.

Have to eat at the Blue Bayou at least once per trip. I actually physically crave the jambalaya when I'm on Pirates.

Used to get the bread bowl of gumbo under the Disney Gallery.....but now they're awful! Too much cold bread, and never any meat in the "steak" gumbo. Bah. That was a HUGE tradition for me.

The last 7 years I've ordered coffee at night for the parades and fireworks. Now I can't watch the fireworks without a cup of coffee in my hand. My husband has the same thing with the Electrical Parade, only he has to have a HUGE sundae in a waffle cone. He tried to go without once, but he didn't even enjoy himself.....had to go get the sundae by the time Cinderella went by!!!

• Videographer

One of my little traditions is a particular lamppost...

Walking up Main Street (towards Castle) the lamppost right outside Market House. I always capture that lamppost whenever there is a decoration change. I also shoot it from different angles. I had a huge collection until all my 90's ones were wiped out. (Talk about sad)

Anyway...this is the one:

RU

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast