Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84
  1. #31

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Nope, I don't think the POTC3 movie will be ready by then. The Disneyland Park closed early for two nights but it was only for the Cast Members who work at the park. They have a lot of Cast Members in Burbank and Glendale, too(yes, the accountans, marketing, finance, insurance, etc. employees are called Cast Memebers too). They might be doing something for them. That's my first guess.
    Don't play stupid, I KNOW you're throwing me a surprise birthday party a month late (on purpose) on that day! c'mon now! WHY ELSE would they be closing early??? DUHHHHHH!!!!

  2. #32

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,317

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    I have a relative who works for home video. I went with him a few times.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  3. #33

    • I love loop jokes.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    802

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    Don't play stupid, I KNOW you're throwing me a surprise birthday party a month late (on purpose) on that day! c'mon now! WHY ELSE would they be closing early??? DUHHHHHH!!!!
    Alright you got me. I rented out the park for your birthday babe! And we're gonna have dinner and drinks on the Columbia. Lindsey Lohan is gonna sing Rumors for us too.

  4. #34

    • I love loop jokes.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    802

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I have a relative who works for home video. I went with him a few times.
    Ah well... if I ever work there again I'm definitely going to one of those events!

  5. #35

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Alright you got me. I rented out the park for your birthday babe! And we're gonna have dinner and drinks on the Columbia. Lindsey Lohan is gonna sing Rumors for us too.
    Great, she'll be drinking up all the good stuff and puking all over the river

  6. #36

    • Hopper's Mortal Enemy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    983

    Cool Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    They have rented to those with the $$$$$$$$$ before; Liz Taylor's birthday party comes to mind.

    A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!


    You've read it; you can't unread it!

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    947

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    They have rented to those with the $$$$$$$$$ before; Liz Taylor's birthday party comes to mind.

    A bientot.
    But, not on a Sunday.

    Someone had to pay a lot of money, and much much more than $50.00 a person.

    McDonald Douglas/Boeing used to have special days for their employees, and I think they'd close down the Park for that....but I don't remember that being on a Sunday. I think it was Friday? (This was way back in the 70s, though.

  8. #38

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Once again, maybe NOBODY paid...

    The Travel Agents will be in town, Disney wants to keep those folks VERY happy, so they might have decided to give a private party for FREE to allow the agents the best experience they can get, to hopefully sell a lot of packages in the future....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  9. #39

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,987

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    I'm a travel agent ... Really!

  10. #40

    • Just a puppet on a string
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California Central Coast
    Posts
    92

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Once again, maybe NOBODY paid...

    The Travel Agents will be in town, Disney wants to keep those folks VERY happy, so they might have decided to give a private party for FREE to allow the agents the best experience they can get, to hopefully sell a lot of packages in the future....
    Sorry, but I kind of find that hard to believe. Being an ex-travel agent myself and my mother still in the business, Disney rarely does anything like that for travel agents and only then, when business is reeeeeal slow. And even then that almost always happens in Sept/Oct. I can't say for sure, but I will check with my mother to confirm. (But she would have already alerted the whole family months ago to find out schedules and make arrangements.) I could be wrong, though.

    They really don't do as much for travel agents as they used to. Not in my 20 years experience. They used to give as many free passes as you wanted whenever you wanted, and then they limited it to 2, and then they stopped doing the yearly "fam" trips to agents and they only offer them like every other year or two. They just don't seem as interested in that kind of stuff anymore, especially with internet and all that. Just my insight.

    Greenie





    "Think of a wonderful thought!"

    "Any happy little thought?"

    Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

  11. #41

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    So....um....How long does it take to become a travel agent? :

    *Hangs sign*

    LDF's Travel at your service!

  12. #42

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,987

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mother View Post
    They really don't do as much for travel agents as they used to. Not in my 20 years experience. They used to give as many free passes as you wanted whenever you wanted, and then they limited it to 2, and then they stopped doing the yearly "fam" trips to agents and they only offer them like every other year or two. They just don't seem as interested in that kind of stuff anymore, especially with internet and all that. Just my insight.
    They did the same thing with studio CMs. used to give everyone a silver pass practically on top of a ton of comp passes, and now the comp passes are used extremely sparingly and the Cm discount ticket price(and just about any other discount price) is 5 bucks off. happened around when DCA opened. imagine :P

  13. #43

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Posts
    98

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mother View Post
    Sorry, but I kind of find that hard to believe. Being an ex-travel agent myself and my mother still in the business, Disney rarely does anything like that for travel agents and only then, when business is reeeeeal slow. And even then that almost always happens in Sept/Oct. I can't say for sure, but I will check with my mother to confirm. (But she would have already alerted the whole family months ago to find out schedules and make arrangements.) I could be wrong, though.

    Could be that the numbers that they are projecting for the year arent as eye popping as during the 50th celebration. The higher ups are going to want to keep the numbers looking good so they arent looked at as failures by Iger and Co.

  14. #44

    • Bring Me Two Piña Coladas
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Aples Center
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    David Beckham used some of his newly rec'd $250 million to have a welcome party!

  15. #45

    • in technicolor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    329

    Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

    Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    David Beckham used some of his newly rec'd $250 million to have a welcome party!
    Ooooh, good idea. *raises hand* I want to go!

    Aah, Beckham.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Disneyland Blackout on Sunday? (Merged Threads)
    By kevsgarden in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
  2. Reminder: Disneyland closing early April 22nd
    By Villains Fan in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
  3. April 22nd
    By kevsgarden in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
  4. Sunday April 30 - Disneyland Meet
    By Monorail Man in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 05:46 AM
  5. Sunday April 23 - Disneyland Meet
    By Olympicnut in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •