Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• HersHbe Productions©

Re: Disneyland closes at 4 PM on Sunday, April 22nd

Splash Mountain will be closed on April 22nd and around the later part of April. I will be there for my sister's 21st Birthday. oh well.

The only thing I can think of that makes April 22nd significant is that it's Earth Day. It will also be the 9th Anniversary of DAK. (which opened on...Earth Day! Coincidence? I think not!)
    I guess that these travel agents book trips to places around the World ("Earth").
    I wonder, how much business have travel agents lost recently, what with more people being able to by-pass them and make their own travel arrangements online?

I'll bet they're doing a DAK overlay of the whole park.
    Yep.
    Then Matterhorn will finally be Everest.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Once again, maybe NOBODY paid...

The Travel Agents will be in town, Disney wants to keep those folks VERY happy, so they might have decided to give a private party for FREE to allow the agents the best experience they can get, to hopefully sell a lot of packages in the future....
    So, when do you think POTC 3 premiere will be? (Second or third request.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Once again, maybe NOBODY paid...

The Travel Agents will be in town, Disney wants to keep those folks VERY happy, so they might have decided to give a private party for FREE to allow the agents the best experience they can get, to hopefully sell a lot of packages in the future....
    This is way to funny. Almost fell off my chair laughing.

As much as I feel Disney should do more for travel agents, they would never close the park for us. Right now they are offering agents very good rates at all the hotels and including a three day pass. This is good up through March 14.

Disney has always supported the travel industry, but their product sells itself and with the Internet now, they do not rely on the travel agents for bookings. They will gladly take them from us and entice us to sell them, but close the park for an evening for travel agents?It would never, ever happen.
    Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 01-27-2007 at 06:51 PM.

After further research and much to my amazement, this is a travel industry event. I have found the official event for the April 22. The Travel Industry Association is having their International Pow Wow 2007 from Apr 21 to Apr 25 in Anahiem. Per their website:

7:00 pm - 10:30 pm Evening Event – Disney Parks

Disney Parks presents a dream celebration: International Pow Wow's opening event at Disneyland park. Walt Disney's original magical kingdom welcomes delegates to a high-energy night of food and fun, all capped with an entertainment experience only Disney can create. Join hitch-hiking ghosts, swashbuckling pirates and a famous character named Mickey for an evening adventure at the Happiest Place on Earth!

To clarify, this is a TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENT, not a travel agent event. This is a group made up of City CVB, large tour operators and large travel organizations. This is not your local travel agency. Membership into this TIA runs from $8600 to $50,000 per year. Hence they have the money and clout to close the park. Disney is also a member of this organization.
    Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 01-27-2007 at 06:51 PM.

• The Fantasyland guy

I just heard on 95.5 KLOS that they are giving away free tickets to "a very private KLOS party" that is at Disneyland on apr 22nd.

think that they will have both the travel group, and the winners of this promotion from KLOS in the park at the same time?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Yes, I figured what the hay. Have everyone from Micechat for a nice evening out. Merry Christmas.
    Wow, thanks, Demento!! All I got you was this lousy post!!

This suck-didily-ucks (like Ned Flanders)! The Paradise Pier is already booked up. As is the Hilton and Embassy Suites South. DisneyLand hotel is still available and the GCH. Since this is my once a year trip, I hoping to try the Paradise Pier (we've only stayed at the GCH, Holiday inn behind the Mickey 'n Friends, & Embassy Suites Sur).
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• Helmsdad

Private Party at the Blue Bayou!

I attempted to make reservations at the Blue Bayou for Sunday, April 22 and I was told NO RESERVATIONS ALLOWED. Blue Bayou is closed for a private party!

I don't remember getting an invitation. Must've got lost in the mail.

So, I go to Disneyland website to see if my special invitation was there somewhere and I notice the park's hours are 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM! So I'm thinking wow, that's different. DCA is staying open until 11:00 PM to make up for it.

Does anyone know what is going on? It's gotta be some really big wigs or something for the park to close at 4:00 PM.

The website reads as follows:

Special Theme Park Hours for April 22, 2007
    Due to a private event on Sunday, April 22, 2007, Disneyland® Park will be opening at 6:30 a.m. and closing at 4:00 p.m. Disney's California Adventure® Park will extend its hours that day and will be open from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.

I was also wondering has anyone has seen my special invitation, or maybe received it in the mail by accident? I'm going to call my Uncle John. (Lasseter that is) and somebody is going to be in T R O U B L E if it doesn't show up FAST.
    (Don't worry, I will pay the postage). Just find it.
    Last edited by sixwoofys; 03-19-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Hey, who put that angry face on my post? (I didn't)

Did I just say that?

• Awaken the spirits

Re: Private Party at the Blue Bayou!

I saw that on the webpage too and was wondering what's going on. Hmmm

• Minion

This has been covered before. It is for travel agents. Did they say all day that there were no reservations or just after 3pm?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

It's a private party, big deal. You can go to the Blue Bayou another day, can't you?

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    It's a private party, big deal. You can go to the Blue Bayou another day, can't you?
    I think it's the entire park, not just the BB. Because the park is closing at 4:00 PM. So I think it's larger than just the BB.

I am going another day actually, the following one.

Did I just say that?

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    This has been covered before. It is for travel agents. Did they say all day that there were no reservations or just after 3pm?

Hi Tracy! They are closing the ENTIRE PARK at 4:00 for the Private Party.

Did I just say that?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast