• For You!

Disneyland Marathon - Worth it? Busy Parks?

My SIL really wants to go run the 1/2 marathon. She wants me to go and play with her kids while she runs - of course, I'd take my kids.

My question is, being Labor Day, and I'm sure that the parks will be busy already - is it going to be absolutely insane? Will the crowds go down on Tuesday and Wednesday?? What are your thoughts?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Disneyland Marathon - Worth it? Busy Parks?

The crowds will be insane Who's idea was it to hold this marathon on Labor Day Weekend? The problem I see with this marathon is no amount of money goes to charity. It all goes to Disney. Why pay the $90? I think they should donate all money to a charity, or even to cast members paychecks! But I say, if you want to go ahead, do it. and have fun!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    My SIL really wants to go run the 1/2 marathon. She wants me to go and play with her kids while she runs - of course, I'd take my kids.

My question is, being Labor Day, and I'm sure that the parks will be busy already - is it going to be absolutely insane? Will the crowds go down on Tuesday and Wednesday?? What are your thoughts?
    It will hard to tell what exactly will happen with the new 1/2 Marathon being on Labor Day.

From my experience, Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days. Labor Day is a little lighter than Sunday. My guess is there's school the next day and Labor Day is the official end of summer tourism (no more wearing white or open toed shoes after that day!). Labor Day is when everyone usually starts heading home. The after Labor Day is usually a full 180. Last year we did Disneyland Sunday, Monday (Labor Day), and Tuesday. Sunday was busiest of those 3 days (again past experience: Saturday is worse). Monday was a little better. Tuesday had standby waits of 15 min for Indy and Soarin' and 20-25 min waits for Space. Splash and GRR usually have summer-like wait times because it's still hot.

I have found that if you're going to go in the summer, August is the lightest of the summer months. Early June (very early) can be a good time to go, too.

• Senior Minion

The 90 bucks is pricey, but the Marathon is well done and organized.

Some people enter the race just to get pictures with the rare characters.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• For You!

I won't be doing the marathon - I'm just not a runner. But, I'd be watching kids and going to the park. My SIL really needs a vacation, and her loser husband hates going. So, I thought I'd be the nice person (just looking for an excuse to go to the park) and go with!

My last two trips were over the POTC2 premiere and Veterans Day weekend. Both were pretty packed -

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• We wants the Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    My last two trips were over the POTC2 premiere and Veterans Day weekend. Both were pretty packed -
    Sounds like you tend to go when I go...lol. I was there during the same time. ITA, it is going to be busy. I find when it is busy, I just take the time to walk around and enjoy parts of the park I would usually overlook on a nonbusy day. Either way, I think you and the kids will have a blast...
    Janet
    John 3:16