Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: A Major Refurbishment Idea

Improve Rancho Del Zocalo food.
    imho, the food there is already a vast improvement over a couple of years ago, i got no complaints about it
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

I had to type w/in the post. I don't know how to split them up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by roxystar68 View Post
    Main Street U.S.A.

· Refurbish Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln by expanding the theater into two showrooms. In the second showroom, add a Walt Disney show. How would you expand the theatre?
    · Give the Gibson Girl Parlor an expansion to fit a big kitchen. Have it serve Victorian-style food. Have you ever had "Victorian- style food"?
    · Make the old magic store more...magic and less park merchandise. Hire magicians to work there and show tricks advertising the products, and making them look appealing without acting like a car salesman.

Tomorrowland

· Remove the second floor of Innoventions and relocate the "good" exhibits to the first floor. "Good" is very subjective. What would be the criteria for that standing? The space will not be cramped if 70% of the video games were removed. Add more futuristic things, and things that are more novel.
    · Replace Pixar facades (other then Nemo and BLAB) with futuristic paint jobs. Make it the city of Tomorrow, not the city of Lasseter.
    · Bring back Rocket Rods or the People Mover, but change the things that don't meet safety regulations.I heard rumors of people wanting the transporter pods from The Incredibles on those tracks....I miss the Peoplemover.

Fantasyland

· As suggested by 1313HarborBlvd, the Broadway theater type shows would be moved to DTD, therefore clearing out the Fantasyland Theater. In that rather large area, there would be two new rides. Where would the DTD theatres go? That place seemed pretty packed with things already, although I do agree I rather walk through DCA and re-ride attractions than sit down to see Aladdin for 2 hours. Just my own thing.

Tale As Old As Time: The Ride (Somebody think of a better name)
    Mickey's Philharmagic could be put in there, OR they could make another entrance to Toontown and then you could build a building to house the TOONTOWN Mental HEalth Institute. As you walk inside, along the wall you see doors for Anger Management Classes w/ D. Duck, or Facing Your Fears with Piglet, How to Preceisely Control your OCD by Rabbit, etc; until you get to Unleashing Your Imagination W/ M. Mouse and you then go on FANTASMIC! - THE (simulated) RIDE (pm me for more details on that one!).

□ Sleeping Beauty Ride

Walk-through queue begins with the birth of Aurora. Maleficent appears through an advanced mirror projection system and talks about Aurora’s finger being pricked on her 16th birthday. As you enter the next part of the queue, you view the 3 good fairies discussing taking Aurora in. You get on the ride vehicle, which is decorated with roses and spinning wheels. Once boarded, there is a colorful flash and some way of saying 16 years later. You see an Audio-Animatronic Briar Rose walking in the woods with the animals. Prince Phillip enters in the next part of the ride and they sing “Once Upon a Dream.” Next, you see the fairies making cake and the dress with magic, and Maleficent’s raven sees pink and blue flashes. Aurora comes in to see the dress and explains about the stranger she met. They tell her she is betrothed. Aurora is then in her room crying. The kings talk about their children getting married. Next, Aurora goes to the castle in the dress and sees the green light. She pricks her finger and next room you see her on the bed, asleep. Prince Phillip goes to the cottage and is caught by Maleficent, but the good fairies rescue him and he goes to Aurora. A big Maleficent dragon is shown projecting flames at you, and is defeated by Phillip. In the next room, Phillip kisses Aurora and you see flashes of pink and blue as they dance. This was already the walkthrough through the castle w/ diorammas depicting the story.

□ Cinderella’s Chateau- Restaurant serving French food. There is a French chateau design. The restaurant serves pastries and has a comfy feel to it.

Toontown:

□ Get a new ride where you are transported in to a Mickey Mouse cartoon.
    (see above re: Fantasmic the ride)

Frontierland:

□ Improve the food at Rancho Del Zocalo restaurant. Make the theme more realistic.
    □ Add a new Conestoga wagon ride at the Big Thunder Ranch, and make it a realistic Frontier adventure. Frontierland needs a new major attraction to draw in more people. Perhaps a ride telling the tall-tale of Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan. I like this idea, let me work on it for a while and see what to make out of it.

Tom Sawyer’s Island

□ Have the new theme be PotC, possibly taking place at Port Royal, the island of Tortuga, or the other island in Dead Man’s Chest. There could be a Black Pearl playground, and a “jungle” to run through. If it was Port Royal, there could be the tavern in the movie with music playing, and no drunks, unlike the movie. There would be dories taking you to the island, instead of the rafts, just like the dories in the movie when the dog runs ashore.

New Orleans Square

□ I have no idea whether this has been done before, but have a Mardi Gras party daily. There could be a stage show on the same rafts they use for Fantasmic in the pre-show, and it would give a jazz festival feel. one time they did have a Mardi Gras party during the actual Mardi Gras.

Critter Country

□ Find some way of bringing back The Country Bears Jamboree. There must be some place. They could move Winnie the Pooh to Toontown or Fantasyland (although that would be similar to WDWMK) and just rebuild the Playhouse.

□ Improve Rancho Del Zocalo food.
    That's about all I can think of at the moment.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Minion FOREVER!

Nice ideas!

My title for the thread isn't very creative, but I would like some feedback on my ideas please. It isn't very good because I did it in class after a test. I'm going to start with Main Street U.S.A., going counter-clockwise around the park.

Main Street U.S.A.

· Refurbish Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln by expanding the theater into two showrooms. In the second showroom, add a Walt Disney show.
    Good idea.

There's two way to expand.
    1. underground
    2. into the parade staging are behind

Both have issues...

· Give the Gibson Girl Parlor an expansion to fit a big kitchen. Have it serve Victorian-style food.
    Not exactly what you mean by Victorian style food (since most people don't like
    english food e.g. Shepherd's pie, blood pudding, etc) BTW. there's very little
    space for this.
    · Make the old magic store more...magic and less park merchandise. Hire magicians to work there and show tricks advertising the products, and making them look appealing without acting like a car salesman.
    Good idea, but advocated by many... :-)

· Remove the second floor of Innoventions and relocate the "good" exhibits to the first floor. The space will not be cramped if 70% of the video games were removed. Add more futuristic things, and things that are more novel.
    Big problem here. If you remove the 2nd floor, then there's no exit! Also it's been
    difficult for Disney to find partners to do a "good" exhibit here in the past.

· Replace Pixar facades (other then Nemo and BLAB) with futuristic paint jobs. Make it the city of Tomorrow, not the city of Lasseter.
    · Bring back Rocket Rods or the People Mover, but change the things that don't meet safety regulations.
    Agree w/ BLAB (some chrome? and more white?). Subs (and the Matterhorn) have
    always been somewhat transitionary thematically. I rather see an "futurification" of
    Autopia rather than Subs. (Although I agree that Sub's queue should look a bit more
    futuristic to provide a better transition (or move the queue closer to the former Motorboat area).

· As suggested by 1313HarborBlvd, the Broadway theater type shows would be moved to DTD, therefore clearing out the Fantasyland Theater.
    This is ok from a logistic standpoint. However, you should note that once one
    does this, then that stage show is no longer part of the Disneyland experience.

Personally, I like the DL experience to include shows as much as various rides
    and walkthroughs. But I would like FL Theater to be more themed. (and enclosed).

In that rather large area, there would be two new rides.
    I think that if someone wants to do a new theater, then they could do one with rides
    already incorporated. i.e. the "hill" that you walk over to get to the back of the
    theater could easily be the ride 'building'.

The name is easy. "Beauty & the Beast: Belle's Adventure" (Just like Nemo, you
    gotta come right out and say the name of the movie).

□ Sleeping Beauty Ride

Walk-through queue begins with the birth of Aurora. Maleficent appears through an advanced mirror projection system and talks about Aurora’s finger being pricked on her 16th birthday. As you enter the next part of the queue, you view the 3 good fairies discussing taking Aurora in. You get on the ride vehicle, which is decorated with roses and spinning wheels. Once boarded, there is a colorful flash and some way of saying 16 years later. You see an Audio-Animatronic Briar Rose walking in the woods with the animals. Prince Phillip enters in the next part of the ride and they sing “Once Upon a Dream.” Next, you see the fairies making cake and the dress with magic, and Maleficent’s raven sees pink and blue flashes. Aurora comes in to see the dress and explains about the stranger she met. They tell her she is betrothed. Aurora is then in her room crying. The kings talk about their children getting married. Next, Aurora goes to the castle in the dress and sees the green light. She pricks her finger and next room you see her on the bed, asleep. Prince Phillip goes to the cottage and is caught by Maleficent, but the good fairies rescue him and he goes to Aurora. A big Maleficent dragon is shown projecting flames at you, and is defeated by Phillip. In the next room, Phillip kisses Aurora and you see flashes of pink and blue as they dance.
    Very nice. I like it. One additional scene that you need: where Malificent cursing
    the infant Aurora. (that's what sets the whole story (and the villain) up). Yes. this is basically
    the walkthru as a ride, but that's hard NOT to do as it's about the same movie!

□ Cinderella’s Chateau- Restaurant serving French food. There is a French chateau design. The restaurant serves pastries and has a comfy feel to it.
    Love this one.... again, not sure if authentic French food (at US french food
    prices) would do well. But it'll give a nice alternative to what we have now.

Toontown:
    Love this one!

Frontierland:

□ Improve the food at Rancho Del Zocalo restaurant. Make the theme more realistic.
    □ Add a new Conestoga wagon ride at the Big Thunder Ranch, and make it a realistic Frontier adventure. Frontierland needs a new major attraction to draw in more people. Perhaps a ride telling the tall-tale of Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan.
    Can't comment on Zocalo food since I haven't eaten there in some time, but I
    think you mean more authentic right? The food's real already. :-)

Conestoga Wagon ride w/ live animals would be somewhat problematic w/ the
    animals. (where to house them, how to care for them, etc).

Completely agree that Frontierland needs another new attractions. (WRE anyone?)

New Orleans Square
    □ I have no idea whether this has been done before, but have a Mardi Gras party daily. There could be a stage show on the same rafts they use for Fantasmic in the pre-show, and it would give a jazz festival feel.
    Been done before, w/ Jazz concerts on MT on RoA.
    also similar concept parade down Main Street as well.

Critter Country

□ Find some way of bringing back The Country Bears Jamboree. There must be some place.
    yup... old thread thought... *sigh*... miss CBJ... (saw the last show....;-( ....
    Last edited by nish221; 01-22-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Responding to Orcatime's post as well.

• California Golden Bear

I really like your idea for a Briar Rose ride, but where would you put it? It only seems natural to connect it to SBC somehow. I would put it in an underground showbuilding beneth what is now Carnation Plaza Gardens. You would enter the ride through what was the Castle Walkthrough, which would be incorperated as part of the queue.

• Colorado Bound?

I think some of this stuff could go into DCA. I especially like the Mickey Catroon ride. You could do it like the resturaunt on the DCL ships that starts out in B&W and transitions throgh the years to the modern Mickey. Could be good. Could suck. Depends on how it's done.

How about a NOS parade? Get rid of the priate show and have a stereotypical Louisiana style funeral procession from the HM that breaks into happy music and a show when it reaches the square.
    -AmandasDad

• Ignore the meager number

The pirate entertainment will be moving to the new Pirate's Lair on TSI. So your idea for more New Orleans style entertainment could work. I was never particularly impressed with the island so I'm glad its getting an update. Change is always difficult, but Walt always envisioned an ever-changing experience.
    Yo ho!

• I'm Flying High

Thank you for bringing these points up. I have posted next to the bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime View Post
    Main Street U.S.A.

· Refurbish Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln by expanding the theater into two showrooms. In the second showroom, add a Walt Disney show. How would you expand the theatre? I looked on Google Maps and found a space used for the cast near Space Mountain. It is right behind the showbuilding.
    Give the Gibson Girl Parlor an expansion to fit a big kitchen. Have it serve Victorian-style food. Have you ever had "Victorian- style food"? Lots of pies and tarts. There could be a tea house, and English food with an American twist.

Tomorrowland

· Remove the second floor of Innoventions and relocate the "good" exhibits to the first floor. "Good" is very subjective. What would be the criteria for that standing? A poll would be conducted to find out the most popular parts of Innoventions. The space will not be cramped if 70% of the video games were removed. Add more futuristic things, and things that are more novel.
    · Bring back Rocket Rods or the People Mover, but change the things that don't meet safety regulations.I heard rumors of people wanting the transporter pods from The Incredibles on those tracks....I miss the Peoplemover.

Fantasyland

· As suggested by 1313HarborBlvd, the Broadway theater type shows would be moved to DTD, therefore clearing out the Fantasyland Theater. In that rather large area, there would be two new rides. Where would the DTD theatres go? That place seemed pretty packed with things already, although I do agree I rather walk through DCA and re-ride attractions than sit down to see Aladdin for 2 hours. Just my own thing. Just in my opinion, does DTD really need movie theaters? Why would someone want to go see a movie when they could be having fun at DL. Locals have plenty of other movie theaters. The broadway theater could be where the movie theater is now.

Mickey's Philharmagic could be put in there, OR they could make another entrance to Toontown and then you could build a building to house the TOONTOWN Mental HEalth Institute. As you walk inside, along the wall you see doors for Anger Management Classes w/ D. Duck, or Facing Your Fears with Piglet, How to Preceisely Control your OCD by Rabbit, etc; until you get to Unleashing Your Imagination W/ M. Mouse and you then go on FANTASMIC! - THE (simulated) RIDE (pm me for more details on that one!).
    I like those ideas a lot!
    □ Sleeping Beauty Ride

Walk-through queue begins with the birth of Aurora. Maleficent appears through an advanced mirror projection system and talks about Aurora’s finger being pricked on her 16th birthday. As you enter the next part of the queue, you view the 3 good fairies discussing taking Aurora in. You get on the ride vehicle, which is decorated with roses and spinning wheels. Once boarded, there is a colorful flash and some way of saying 16 years later. You see an Audio-Animatronic Briar Rose walking in the woods with the animals. Prince Phillip enters in the next part of the ride and they sing “Once Upon a Dream.” Next, you see the fairies making cake and the dress with magic, and Maleficent’s raven sees pink and blue flashes. Aurora comes in to see the dress and explains about the stranger she met. They tell her she is betrothed. Aurora is then in her room crying. The kings talk about their children getting married. Next, Aurora goes to the castle in the dress and sees the green light. She pricks her finger and next room you see her on the bed, asleep. Prince Phillip goes to the cottage and is caught by Maleficent, but the good fairies rescue him and he goes to Aurora. A big Maleficent dragon is shown projecting flames at you, and is defeated by Phillip. In the next room, Phillip kisses Aurora and you see flashes of pink and blue as they dance. This was already the walkthrough through the castle w/ diorammas depicting the story.
    Exactly. Now that the walkthrough is gone, we need something new for Sleeping Beauty.

Toontown:

(see above re: Fantasmic the ride)

Frontierland:

□ Add a new Conestoga wagon ride at the Big Thunder Ranch, and make it a realistic Frontier adventure. Frontierland needs a new major attraction to draw in more people. Perhaps a ride telling the tall-tale of Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan. I like this idea, let me work on it for a while and see what to make out of it.

Tom Sawyer’s Island

□ Have the new theme be PotC, possibly taking place at Port Royal, the island of Tortuga, or the other island in Dead Man’s Chest. There could be a Black Pearl playground, and a “jungle” to run through. If it was Port Royal, there could be the tavern in the movie with music playing, and no drunks, unlike the movie. There would be dories taking you to the island, instead of the rafts, just like the dories in the movie when the dog runs ashore.

New Orleans Square

□ I have no idea whether this has been done before, but have a Mardi Gras party daily. There could be a stage show on the same rafts they use for Fantasmic in the pre-show, and it would give a jazz festival feel. one time they did have a Mardi Gras party during the actual Mardi Gras.
    Thank you for this. I would have love to have gone to it.
    Critter Country

□ Find some way of bringing back The Country Bears Jamboree. There must be some place. They could move Winnie the Pooh to Toontown or Fantasyland (although that would be similar to WDWMK) and just rebuild the Playhouse.
    I don't see Winnie the Pooh in Toontown, but I think now the The Country Bears could fit in DCA.

□ Improve Rancho Del Zocalo food.
    I had to type w/in the post. I don't know how to split them up yet.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
    The daydream princess

• I'm Flying High

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad View Post
    I think some of this stuff could go into DCA. I especially like the Mickey Catroon ride. You could do it like the resturaunt on the DCL ships that starts out in B&W and transitions throgh the years to the modern Mickey. Could be good. Could suck. Depends on how it's done.

How about a NOS parade? Get rid of the priate show and have a stereotypical Louisiana style funeral procession from the HM that breaks into happy music and a show when it reaches the square.
    I love the NOS parade idea! 100% genious!
    The daydream princess

• Comin' at ya!

I like those ideas, very creative. I would go for them...If i worked could
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12