Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    DCA Has A Dedication!?

    I had no idea it had one.

    "To All who believe in the power of dreams... welcome. Here we pay tribute to the dreamers of the past ... The native people, explorers, immigrants, aviators, entrepreneurs and entertainers who built the Golden State. And we salute a new generation of dreamers who are creating the wonders of tomorrow ... From the silver screen to the computer screen ... From the fertile farmlands to the far reaches of space. Disney's California Adventure celebrates the richness and the diversity of California ... Its land, its people, its spirit and, above all, the dreams that it continues to inspire." — Michael Eisner, February 8, 2001

    I hate the first line.

    This is where I found it...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_California_Adventure
    Last edited by Nautilus; 01-20-2007 at 07:19 PM.

  2. #2

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I had no idea it had one.

    "To All who believe in the power of dreams... welcome. Here we pay tribute to the dreamers of the past ... The native people, explorers, immigrants, aviators, entrepreneurs and entertainers who built the Golden State. And we salute a new generation of dreamers who are creating the wonders of tomorrow ... From the silver screen to the computer screen ... From the fertile farmlands to the far reaches of space. Disney's California Adventure celebrates the richness and the diversity of California ... Its land, its people, its spirit and, above all, the dreams that it continues to inspire." — Michael Eisner, February 8, 2001

    I hate the first line.

    This is where I found it...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney'...rnia_Adventure
    mmm, i didnt know either

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    Every Disney park has one.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  4. #4

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,987
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    I like it. I think that it is a fine dedication.

  5. #5

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Every Disney park has one.
    Yah, but does DCA have it inscribed on a plaque somewhere.

  6. #6

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?


  7. #7

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    In front of the Sun Dial & Wave waters fountain.

    These are actually good guidelines to follow in the development and improvements of DCA.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  8. #8

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    I never knew it was there!

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    1313 Harbor Blvd.
    Posts
    1,386

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    Eek! I also dislike the first line. It would only sound good if Walt said the dedication, which he obviously can't.
    The daydream princess

  10. #10

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    You know what gets me? Is that DCA totally fails in this charge...
    Check out my other blog:

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    I wonder who wrote that for him.

  12. #12

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    You know what gets me? Is it totally fails in this charge...
    Too true. The speech says one thing, the opening day offerings was something else.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    "To all the come to this crappy place...spend some."


  14. #14

    • some imagination huh?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    142

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    I lol'd when I saw Michael Eisners name... is that bad?

  15. #15

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: DCA Has A Dedication!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I like it. I think that it is a fine dedication.
    Indeed, its a fantastic dedication. Unfortunately, the park fails, and had always failed, to live up to it. I truly wish that wasn't the case, but it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    These are actually good guidelines to follow in the development and improvements of DCA.
    I agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland Dedication Speech
    By Sorcerer's Apprentice in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
  2. Song Dedication thread...
    By justjohn in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 11:21 PM
  3. Should Eisners Dedication to DCA go?
    By symbolic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 01:47 PM
  4. No dedication speech by roy now.....
    By grantmaier687 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 02:28 PM
  5. 05-05-05 Castle Dedication at 10am
    By Dustysage in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •