Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• rockin butter sponge!

Question Why Isn't Lumpy the Heffalump at Disneyland?

Lumpy the Heffalump is quite possibly the sweetest, most gentle soul of a Disney character ever written. And the Disney Store carries Lumpy merchandise, but he is no where to be found in Disneyland! Not on a single piece of merch! No where! Does anyone know why?

• Knight of Naughtyness

Re: Why Isn't Lumpy the Heffalump at Disneyland?

I spotted Lumpy there:

-Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I spotted Lumpy there:

Oh my! I saw that costume at TDS and wanted to have a child to put it on!!! Soooooooooo cute! Its a stuffed child!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Is Lumpy even in the Winnie the Pooh attraction? I've never really noticed but then again I never really look, the only characters I care about on that ride are named Max, Buff and Melvin......

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    Lumpy the Heffalump
    Who?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Because he's in the Hundred Acre Wood?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oh my! I saw that costume at TDS and wanted to have a child to put it on!!! Soooooooooo cute! Its a stuffed child!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Oh baby! Talk about adorable.

Hope Disney doesn't kick the kid out of the park for impersonating an official character like they did poor Santa.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Oh baby! Talk about adorable.

Hope Disney doesn't kick the kid out of the park for impersonating an official character like they did poor Santa.
    Well, it was Halloween...
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• It's all about Theme!

I agree, he should be somewhere in Disneyland, he is such a cute character. But, he should not be in the Pooh ride. How will we fit him into an already whacked story. The main fact is he was not in the original movies so he probably won't be featured anytime soon.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Vehicle rotating backward

Frankly I'm glad. I was really disappointed by that movie since not only did they basically kill off the only villains in the Pooh world by saying that heffalumps & woozles are just misunderstood, but there was not one bar of the H&W theme song which is one of my favorites. Instead there was this all new number at the start about why they're scary. Excuse me while I throw up (up! up! UP!)

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    The main fact is he was not in the original movies so he probably won't be featured anytime soon.
    Umm, well, the Disney Faeries are brand new, have only been seen in books, and they just cast face characters for them. And the Heffalump movie is older than Cars and Cars is getting its own ride!

I think the park is just being run by selfish WOOZLES!!!!

• Defying gravity

I agree, Lumpy is pretty cute. I've never seen him featured in any merchandising around the parks. However, it seems that Pooh Corner (which used to be my favorite store in DL) is carrying less specialized Pooh merchandise and more generic (YOAMD, general DL) merchandise. Maybe there is just less focus on the Pooh franchise in general.

These "nameless" heffalumps (pictured in my room) are the only ones I've seen seen sold recently:

• It's all about Theme!

Umm, well, the Disney Faeries are brand new, have only been seen in books, and they just cast face characters for them. And the Heffalump movie is older than Cars and Cars is getting its own ride!

I think the park is just being run by selfish WOOZLES!!!!
    The fact is the Pooh ride isn't themed to that movie in Particular. I'm not saying that he could be featured somewhere, just probably not in the ride as it doesn't fit his time period.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I agree, Lumpy is pretty cute. I've never seen him featured in any merchandising around the parks. However, it seems that Pooh Corner (which used to be my favorite store in DL) is carrying less specialized Pooh merchandise and more generic (YOAMD, general DL) merchandise. Maybe there is just less focus on the Pooh franchise in general.

These "nameless" heffalumps (pictured in my room) are the only ones I've seen seen sold recently:

Where did you get the lil bee huffalumps?? After I got on the ride the first time I asked if they made them they said no! Then I asked if I could have one hanging off the ceiling they said no again! I've been waiting for them to make one!! I guess I gotta get to that end of the park more often!
    I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy Mharie View Post
    Where did you get the lil bee huffalumps?? After I got on the ride the first time I asked if they made them they said no! Then I asked if I could have one hanging off the ceiling they said no again! I've been waiting for them to make one!! I guess I gotta get to that end of the park more often!
    They had been sold at Pooh Corner for a while. Incidentally, that is the ONLY place you can get them...if they are indeed still sold there. (I got the pink heffalump at WDW.) BTW, castmembers do not seems to be the best people to ask about heffalumps. TRUE STORY: I was in the World of Disney one day and asked a CM if they sold heffalumps there. She responded by asking me if a heffalump was a type of food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast