Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rides

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Lightbulb Villain Mt. A Shadowland E-ticket

This is from another thread, but since I couldn't move it, I just copied it to the more appropriate one. Enjoy. :

Villain Mount, e-ticket of Shadowland!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, you've all come up with just about all of my ideas that I've been planning for Villain's Mt. which would be a combination coaster and flume ride (one attraction; two rides).

The first part has a water ride entering HAdes as the God of the dead himself heads off to this meeting ala Kingdom Hearts. You climb up and then you see Maleficent, Ursula, Hades, Cruella de Vil, Jafar and the Wicked Queen plotting on how to take over Disneyland from the Queen's castle lair. However, the magic mirror is there as well and informs them that "light always pushes the dark away, such as these floating along." (Basically he just snitched you out)

Then you start picking up speed and first you are elevated away from the lair and land in the Sultan's white palace interior with fire-red lighting where Jafar has turned into a snake with a genie face and he dares you to challenge an all-powerful genie, so he lunges at you but is pushed back into Aladdin who is holding a lamp and saying, "Phenominal cosmic powers...itty bitty living space. (then to you) Head off that way and we'll split them up."

You turn left and head to a ray/tunnelshaft of light, a possible escape? No, because Cruella turns a corner in her car hellbent on stopping your escape. "You won't get away that easily," she says as she rams the side of the boat (not too hard) and causes you to turn to the right to a very large climb up where Chernabog hovers swinging his clawed hands and you hear selections of "Night on Bald Mountain" as you get closer and closer to those hands and then just miss getting swiped as you plunge down into a lagoon.

The boat slows down and it looks kinda dead until you "hear gale winds" and see a water effect start up and up comes a giant Ursula from the center of the lagoon with tenatacles waving around and her Fantasmic! laugh. A ship's mast goes into her and she splashes around. One of the tentacles lands behind the boat and propels it forward.

The boat then comes to a docking, where you're told Hades is on his way to recapture the boat (you hear footsteps coming from down a stairwell) and then you enter a second que from within the attraction. At the front is Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas telling you to hurry in and she will protect you. Then you walk through a lighted que that leads to a darker briar patch and go to the second part of the ride...a coaster!

Once you're on board the coaster a flash and smoke come up and there is Maleficent! "Now you will deal with me and all the forces of Hell!" (if she can say it in the movie she can say it on the ride!) Another big flash and the coaster moves up in a tunnel which plays her transformation/strectch scene as you climb up the first hill. You crest the top of the hill and it's very very quiet.

You see eyes, maybe the outline of the muzzle and you know you're dealing with a dragon. A flame shoots out and you just get to hold on as you start careening down the hill and come back up with a corkscrew as you hear jaws snapping nearby and you feel hot air, more of the coaster, more of near-misses and then you slide to a stop and you see the whole dragon. Your coaster turns on a green light around it and sets of a laser aimed right at the dragon, who dies and you move on to disembark at a very different part of the ride where you see Mickey saying, "Thanks for saving Disneyland. Come on by my house, I have to get ready for my next cartoon!"

You disembark and end up facing Toontown!

If I was a smoker I'd need a cigarette right now.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    An Underwater rollercoaster that goes through plexiglass tunnels in the Submarine Lagoon based on Atlantis
    Gosh that would be fantastic, let's start working on it today!

• Rawr...

How about a ride thats NOT based on a movie? I think another mountain in the Disneyland range is long past due, too. Villain Mount sounds great.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Clear for Dispatch

I always liked the idea of the long rumored Geyser Mountain.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    If they were to build a new disney ride....what kind of ride would you want it to be (dark ride, coaster, water etc.)
    How about one of each? If I had to pick, I'd choose a heavily themed coster
    ..what disney movie or story would you want it based upon?
    How about something original? If I had to pick, I'd pick Lion King or Aladdin.
    and what land would you want it to be in?
    The movie or story would probably dictate the land. I'd like to see all that space between BTMRR and fantasy land put to good use. Where the Big Thunder Ranch used to be.

• Banned User

DCA needs a Pirates or Mansion type ride.

A dark ride. Not set in California. Not a thrill ride. Not a show. Not a ride past static, painted on flatsets with fiberglass figures. Not even a ride past disjointed sets like The Great Movie Ride that feels like a wax museum tour more than a theme park ride.

A slow dark ride thrugh RICHLY detailed scenes, set to a far-off magical place, With a fantastic theme, filled with cool effects and lots of AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    DCA needs a Pirates or Mansion type ride.

A dark ride. Not set in California. Not a thrill ride. Not a show. Not a ride past static, painted on flatsets with fiberglass figures. Not even a ride past disjointed sets like The Great Movie Ride that feels like a wax museum tour more than a theme park ride.

A slow dark ride thrugh RICHLY detailed scenes, set to a far-off magical place, With a fantastic theme, filled with cool effects and lots of AAs.
    you mean something like this?
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=773

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I too like the idea of Atlantis in the sub lagoon.. I think saving the subs is a lost cause and a money pit for disney. Dont get me wrong I loved that ride when i was working. But I was thinking. Why couldnt they put pide vehs like the atlantis ships and have them float but connected to the track that the subs used. It would hold like 8-10 people in star tours type veh but with windows to see the lagoon...and once they pass through the waterfalls the windows are are replaced with lcd screens and becomes a star tours type ride.. still moving forward on the track but on hydralics moves with the movie being shown in vehicle... Jsut a thought.. It gets rid of the horible idea of dry tubes and stuff like that.. it woudl stil go into the show buidling.. What do u guys think?? DId that make any sense..ahhahaha
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I'd like to see something done with the Villians also, I've always loved the Villians Mountain idea

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12