Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rides

• Curiouser and Curiouser

New Rides

If they were to build a new disney ride....what kind of ride would you want it to be (dark ride, coaster, water etc.)..what disney movie or story would you want it based upon?....and what land would you want it to be in?

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Dark Ride, somewhat of a "Ride The Movies Ride" where you travel through Disney animated movies, and actually feel like you are a toy from Toy Story, a bear from Brother Bear, one of the mice from Cinderella, etc. U get my picture!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Minion

i would want a fast roller coaster built in frontierland. frontierland really needs more rides. it could be based on a western movie but i dont know which one. but i have a feeling they are building some toy story playground.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Sock Puppet

They should make the Tom Sawyer's Island smaller, and use the rest of it as loading for a rapids ride on the Rivers of America.

• Quality Assured

Nice idea Tink! In my opinion, a Davy Crockett rapids adventure would well fit in Frontierland, especially in/near a smaller Tom Sawyer Island.

Either in Fantasyland or Adventureland I would love to see an Aladdin dark ride where you load in magic carpets and you ride vehicle is on an arm extension that raises and lowers like your carpet is flying through the scenes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

An Underwater rollercoaster that goes through plexiglass tunnels in the Submarine Lagoon based on Atlantis
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    An Underwater rollercoaster that goes through plexiglass tunnels in the Submarine Lagoon based on Atlantis
    Cool idea! I rather enjoyed Atlantis...and I think it would fit better with Tomorrowland than a Nemo-themed attraction.
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Quote Originally Posted by ka119
    Either in Fantasyland or Adventureland I would love to see an Aladdin dark ride where you load in magic carpets and you ride vehicle is on an arm extension that raises and lowers like your carpet is flying through the scenes.
    There's sooooo much that you could do with Aladdin...heck, it could be it's own land with the Agrabah marketplace, the palace, and journey through the cave of wonders.
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

how about a new ride that isn't based on a movie??

something completely new and original like the Haunted Mansion or Pirates was when they opened..

• Minion

how about a new ride that isn't based on a movie??
    Here Here! I for one do not really enjoy getting on rehash from movies. I'd much rather see movies based on rides than vice versa. I think There was a Miceage post about how all the newer rides have heavier focuses on characters rather than innovation or imagination...

• Infinitized!

I don't know why they are doing a Nemo overlay on the submarines. It doesn't fit in a land that's suppposed to be futuristic. Even Buzz Lightyear doesn't really fit there. For these new movie attractions they should just make a new land called Pick-sar land!

The subs should be kept as is but "renew" them with some new effects and realistic scenes, i.e. get rid of the mermaids and come up with some new underwater valcano effect. That ride has more potential than just adding Nemo to it.

I would love another Pirates/Haunted Mansion style ride.

Or perhaps a ride based on Roger Rabbit that REALLY gave the impression of entering a cartoon world. Perhaps they could use the Madam Leota effect to wrap hand drawn animated characters around a 3D animatronic. I just think it would be a blast to enter a replica of the movie's version of toontown, with all it's choas, and dancing flowers, and "Smile darn ya smiiiiiile!" What a sensory overload!

Although I despised the movie, I would still love to see an Atlantis overlay on the subs rather than Finding Nemo.

And any kind of roller coaster/thrill ride is great by me, as long as it's heavily and well themed--and not necessarily to a movie. Thunder, Space and the Matterhorn are classics and aren't built around any specific movie or characters.

Was Being John Malcovich a Mirmax movie? I dont' think it was, but it would kind of fun to make a Being Mickey Mouse or Being Stitch ride where you get in yer little car, enter a tiny door, and then are treated to whirlwind ride through the character's subconsious and daily activities before spilling down a big drop at the end the spits you out on Front Street or something. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee

Cool idea.

I also like the Aladdin Magic Carpet idea.

Definitely need a big fast roller coaster at DL, just not too big or fast. It still needs to be family friendly.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by wufners
    I would love another Pirates/Haunted Mansion style ride.
    If they ever did a new ride based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movie trilogy, how about a ride I'd like to call Sparrow's Escape? It would be sort of like the Atlantis ride at Sea World except the roller coaster portion would go through Port Royal, like in the beginning part of the movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast