So what's up with the weekend before President's Day?

Anyone know why the resort is open so late the weekend of 2/10-2/11? They even have Fireworks scheduled for Monday...

My twins' birthday is on the 10th, and we are planning a 2 day trip on Sun/Mon. But now I'm worried about the crowds.

According to RideMax, Monday the 12th is expected to be a LITTLE worse than Monday the 26th, but President's day is still considered to be a nightmare, comparatively.

I know that Jan/Feb is supposed to be very light (except for President's Day), but what's going on with the weekend before PD?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: So what's up with the weekend before President's Day?

Monday February 12th is Lincoln's Birthday, the holiday is actually on his birth date this year.

Many schools and government workers get the day off, and Disney expects LARGE crowds, based on the expanded hours they have scheduled for Sunday the 11th, and Monday the 12th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I had no idea that anyone observed that date anymore. A quick Google turned up several, including Santa Monica College. Nuff said.

Thanks Darkbeer

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFuchs View Post
    I had no idea that anyone observed that date anymore. A quick Google turned up several, including Santa Monica College. Nuff said.

Thanks Darkbeer
    Really? Schools have been having that day off for as far back as I can remember. Almost any 3 day weekend is a little busier than your average weekend.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

My children's school does not take off for the 12th. However, they have the entire next week off. The USPS, (my gage for Government days off), is open on the 12th and closed on the 19th. Disneyland has late hours on Monday the 19th, however, regular hours the rest of that week. Hmm, maybe a good time to visit?

Ok, I need some advice, Should I expect large crowds the rest of the week after Presidents day? The Disney calendar shows regular hours and no fireworks so, my guess is light crowds. However, all the hotels are either booked or have very high rates. Am I missing something? thanks!

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Ok, I need some advice, Should I expect large crowds the rest of the week after Presidents day? The Disney calendar shows regular hours and no fireworks so, my guess is light crowds. However, all the hotels are either booked or have very high rates. Am I missing something? thanks!
    My wife and I are going down Wed. thru Sat. (7-10). We expect light light crowds for the weekdays. Oh, and as far as the hotel room shortage: we only booked 1 room...I swear...

Thanks, I appreciate your restraint. Now, if I can find the other 10,000 people who have rooms......

• Blind to His Own Faults

LOL