Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Someone's excited!

My ideas for Toontown

It seems like I just posted another idea!

Here are some of my ideas for Toontown

Okay so...Toontown would be kind of split into two ''sections', the Toon Community and The Toonopolis. When walking in to the left will be the community and to the right Toonopolis. In part 1 of the idea we will be covering Toon Community.

Part 1-
    Toon Comunity

Goofy's House-Stays where it is. It will expand a bit. It would stay the same but they would add a meet and greet room where you could meet Goofy.

Donald's Boat- Is demolished.

Chip 'n' Dales Treehouse- Is transplanted to where Donald's boat was. It pretty much stays the same as a whole.

Gadget's Go Coaster-Rethemed to a Donald Duck and Daisy Duck ride. Would it be possible for it to make two circuits? When you're exiting Donald and Daffy Duck will both be their giving high fives and some quick pics. (More coming on that.)

Where Chip 'n' Dales tree house was- House of Mouse dark ride. (Need help with this one!)

Mickey's House- Expand front yard for a drive way and lawn. Have a Pluto meet and greet on this lawn complete with a doghouse food bowl and a bone!
    The line for this meet will be up the side of the drive way. To get to Mickey's door you must walk up the other side of the driveway and the inside I will probably change. (Detail's on that coming in part 2.)

Minnies House- Expand. The line will start at the front door. When you come in to the right you'll see her living room and too the left you see here kitchen. These rooms are filled with fun gags and toony stuff! As you keep walking on you turn a corner to the left and You meet her in her bedroom. That's where the meet and greet will be. Their will of course be a man or woman with a camera and they will snap a shot of you and minnie together! Then you walk out of a door in her room which is her closet. It's full of all the dresses she wears around the park. Then from there you walk down a path back to the main part of the community.

In the center of Toon Community their will be Toon Park. It will be built AROUND the mickey fountain. Right around the fountain will be some water play things. Their will be some slides and swings and teetor-totters...all that jazz. all the toon characters will come and play on the with the guests sometimes. I don't know if their would be enough room though.
    Last edited by mini_imagineer; 01-22-2007 at 01:21 PM.
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• It's all nonsense

Re: My ideas for Toontown

I don't know about others, but Playhouse Disney is on at my house frequently. So how about a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in Toontown??

• Someone's excited!

^ Good idea!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

These are good ideas, except that Daffy Duck is a Warner Bros. character. Perhaps you meant Donald Duck and Daisy Duck?

•   

Why Daffy Duck?????

• Someone's excited!

^^ I mean Daisy Duck!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Not to compete with your idea or anything, Mini, but when I read it, I almost felt like Toon Town would almost be the same as it was but with a massive gap where Donald's Boat was.

Toon Town needs a lot more to be closer to perfect. In fact, it needs to be transplanted to California Adventure behind the Hollywood area to be the best match. But assuming it stays where it is, this is what I would do.

1. Tear down Goofy's area.

2. Remove Donald's Boat

3. Remove Goofy's Gas

4. Remove Chip n Dale's Tree House

5. Remove Gadget's Go Coaster

6. Remove City Hall, Pluto's Dog House, etc.

7. Remove Minnie's House

That's right... we're starting from almost 100% scratch because the land is very poorly conceived. It's better than the Florida park, but it needs a lot more to do than to look and open doors.

Things that remain: Roger RAbbit Cartoon Spin, Mickey's House.

8. Replan the entire land so that Downtown is more sizeable chunk of the land.

9. Where city hall and area is, this will be the new location for the INK & PAINT CLUB, a new dining facility in Toon Town where families can have their meals with disney characters interacting with them. A character dining restaurant in Disneyland??? what a concept! There can also be stage animatronic performances that rotate from time to time... who knows... a way to keep the country bears in business on occasion?

This restaurant will be built slightly underground so that the upper floor can be used by...

10. Mickey's House will now be the entrance queue to a Mickey & gang dark ride where we get to take part in many of their famous adventures. Each vehicle can represent a different car or plane based on the ones that Mickey used in his cartoons.

Minnie's House and Chip n Dale's treehouse can remain but as facades to hide some of the show building.

11. Gadget's Go Coaster will make way for something much lengthier but still a coaster. It will occupy more space where donald's boat was and be indoors mostly. Let's think of it as TOON MOUNTAIN not by name but by concept. It's a coaster where you race through a cartoon world. What the concept is, I dunno. Maybe something like Launchpad's Crashcourse or something where near misses are the name of the game.

12. In the area that used to be Goofy's house, redesign it to be Goofy style architecture but selling yogurt, slushees, and ice cream.

And well... while not perfect, that's more or less what I would start to do with Toon town.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Someone's excited!

^ Great ideas!

Thanks for the comments!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I got an idea for Toontown - DIP!!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

I agree with Coheteboy's first statement. I also agree with this quote: "It's better than the Florida park, but it needs a lot more to do than to look and open doors."

Toontown is already split, Mickey's Neighborhood & Downtown Toontown. Did you know that?

What further theme were you thinking for Gadget's Go-Coaster?

I don't think I entirely understand your Mickey's House redo. I do like the fact of having Pluto's own meet-n-greet on the lawn. Then again, there's a "Pluto's Doghouse" hot dog stand in the food court...

Minnie's House expansion seems unnecessary.

There's already a Toon Park that's not used to its potential. I don't understand your logic in putting it in the center...

I'm interested in what a Clubhouse and Ink & Paint Club could do. Except instead of Ink & Paint, be House of Mouse.

This is my thread ideas for Toontown:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/27638-new-ideas-mickeys-toontown.html

Through the read, ideas have been exhanged and improved upon. One major one is about Philarmagic. I think that can be in Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown if they have room. Philarmagic rumored to replace Muppet*Vision, I'm warming up to. It'd be better if they'd theme it like the orchestra is recording music for movies to tie into Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The land needs many changes for sure....but one idea close to my heart is to Create a new E-Ticket attraction just West of the town:

MICKEY AND THE BEANSTALK-----The attraction begins in the queue which resembles not so Happy Valley. Guests then board an overhead Omnivore ride vehicle that takes them up, up and up the beanstalk. Once above the clouds visitors spy the Giants Castle. Inside the Giants Castle, which is filled with giant tables, chairs, etc., they see Mickey and friends in trouble with the Giant as they try to free the Magical Harp. After outwitting Willie the Giant and escaping his tantrum the vehicles race for the Beanstalk........Down, down, and down the Beanstalk the Omnivore goes and just as they reach the bottom a dark shadow briefly blocks out the light before a Giant "Thud" is felt and heard.

Back in Happy Valley everything is now actually...Happy. The passengers disembark and head out towards the exit. Before exiting check out a picture of yourself on the ride....and look up to see Willie the Giant lifting the roof off the building asking if we've seen a "teensy, tiny, mouse"

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I agree with Coheteboy's first statement. I also agree with this quote: "It's better than the Florida park, but it needs a lot more to do than to look and open doors."

Toontown is already split, Mickey's Neighborhood & Downtown Toontown. Did you know that?
    Yah, I know it's already split but I think downtown/city hall area is using its full potential. I wanted to have a better interactive dining experience in the land and I thought of the Ink & Paint club since it was in Roger Rabbit. But House of Mouse would be cool too, as you suggested in your thread from many months ago... but a character dining facility would be great for Toon Town. Perhaps House of Mouse would be better since the kids can associate with it, but if Toon Town was in DCA, I would want an Ink & Paint club as well for some awesome drinkies!

What further theme were you thinking for Gadget's Go-Coaster?
    In my post, I suggested that it would be a coaster revolving around Launchpad McQuack... Scrooge McDuck's clumsy pilot in Ducktales and Darkwing Duck's trusty sidekick. Like Goofy's Barnstormer, it would be a plane coaster where we would be constantly almost crashing, barely missing signs, billboards, buildings, etc until we finally hit the bottom and "land". I guess that's really similar to Goofy's barnstormer isn't it? Either way... longer coaster for all ages to enjoy.

I don't think I entirely understand your Mickey's House redo. I do like the fact of having Pluto's own meet-n-greet on the lawn. Then again, there's a "Pluto's Doghouse" hot dog stand in the food court...

Minnie's House expansion seems unnecessary.

There's already a Toon Park that's not used to its potential. I don't understand your logic in putting it in the center...
    In my version of Toon Town, everything you refer to would be wiped clean. Minnie's house would be hollowed out and Mickey's house would only serve as the queue for the dark ride. No more meet & greet in the house. Let the characters walk around and interact with guests, not wait in a room for those waiting in line.

Buuut... I'd allow for Mickey's house to remain if we just had a dark ride somewhere. But what about theme?

well... I was actually no longer thinking that it should be a ride about Mickey. But maybe it should include the unseen and obscure. And then I thought of how bad Superstar Limo was. And then I kinda imagined... well... what if we had a superstar limo tour of TOON TOWN and we ride around seeing famous and not-so-famous Disney characters in the ride? A... TOON TOWN LIMO! yes? no?

Nobody wants to see a bobble head Whoopi Goldberg character. But what if... let's say DUCKWORTH, Scrooge's trusted butler took us on a limo tour of toon town, duckburg, st. canard, etc etc etc to meet the citizens of our favorite toons. Pass by the jail to see the Beagle Boys attempting an escape. Pass by Horace Horsecollar lifting weights at the gym. See Donald having a fit with chip n' dale. The possibilities are endless really.

That would be pretty fun wouldn't it? Don't want it TOO similar to cartoon spin but it would be great to really utilize the library of characters. Fill it to the brim with characters so that guests would need to ride ten times just to find them all.

I've always liked the idea of a Goofy Movie based dark ride (mostly because that was a great movie).

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Toon Town needs a lot more to be closer to perfect.
    Actually it needs to be less dated. Sadly placing Rescue Rangers and Rodger Rabbit in a prominant location without having the company support it's media is dumb... This is why the "hip and trendy" doesn't work in DL proper... You have to go "classic and timeless" otherwise you are wasting synergistic marketing $$$.

Toon Town needs work...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    Actually it needs to be less dated. Sadly placing Rescue Rangers and Rodger Rabbit in a prominant location without having the company support it's media is dumb... This is why the "hip and trendy" doesn't work in DL proper... You have to go "classic and timeless" otherwise you are wasting synergistic marketing $$$.

Toon Town needs work...

Yah, I agree. It does need to be classic and timeless, but it just needs more help on Disney's end to do that. They have some great characters from these television cartoons of the 90s and they can be utilized a bit more.

And Toon Town should be BUSTLING with characters and I just don't see that. That's partially why I thought they needed character dining... because it would satisfy a need that so far isn't there.

And I might be completely alone on this, but I find that waiting in line to meet Mickey or Minnie is the biggest waste of space and goes against the very concept of having characters in the first place. The character itself shouldn't be the main attraction. They're supplements to it. They're the icing on the cake. Making it a main attraction is dumbing it down. And while it's more accessible, the fun is taken away.

I used to see Mickey all the time and every time I went to Disneyland. Now that he's holed up back in his house, I only see him during the parades. Characters need to come out and play and all that space in Toon Town needs to be reimagined for something that will stay with guests young and old.

A photo of MIckey with your child shouldn't require you going to his house to obtain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast