•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What Percentage of Disneyland's present visitor's are "first timers"?

I know that there are quite a few MiceChatters that have Visited Disneyland Park many, many times. I was wondering what the percentage is for the first time guest.

The people going through the turnstiles today and for the remainder of the 50th anniversary celebration. How many of them are "first time visitors?

What percentage are going for the first time? 50% Is it more than that, or less than that?

• Banned User

My wild guess would be well under 10% of people over 10 years old are first-timers..

Heck, about a thrid of DLR visitors are APs (based on statements that there are 600,000 AP and they average 10 visits each and annual DLR attendance of 18 million)

Another third are locals that are visitng on non-AP tickets. Most of them have probably been before.

That leave a 3rd for out-of-towners. AND, I'd guess most of them have been before.

Most first timers are likely to be 5 years and under.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    That's very interesting. I am almost 60, and coming for the first time.

We never took vacations as kids, Never had the money. My parents did not drive. I did not ride in an airplane until my late 30's. Oh I went to summercamp, but never went to Disney until 1997, and then it was Disney World in Florida. Living in Chicago, I guess WDW is the natural choice.

I was just thinking that the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland has to be attracting a lot of "first Timers" like me.

It's not like I did not want to come, I just never had the opportunity before.

• Lovin' Life!

Well, welcome to Disneyland, First Timer! I hope you can see/feel/experience the vision that Walt had ... our park is charming...I think many repeat visitors (especially AP holders will agree ~ isn't that why we have the AP in the first place???!!!)...might say its like "coming home" when you walk into the park. I love strolling down main street, hearing the clanging bells on the horse drawn trolley...the general hub-bub...I know its pretty close to the Main Street of yesteryears.

So, Barbaraann, welcome! And enjoy.......and check back in after your visit to let us know how your trip was!
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann

We never took vacations as kids, Never had the money. My parents did not drive. I did not ride in an airplane until my late 30's. Oh I went to summercamp, but never went to Disney until 1997, and then it was Disney World in Florida. Living in Chicago, I guess WDW is the natural choice.

I was just thinking that the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland has to be attracting a lot of "first Timers" like me.

It's not like I did not want to come, I just never had the opportunity before.
    Well everyone was a first timer once. Some flowers blossom early spring, but the prettiest bloom much later. I don't know what any of this means, but that has never stopped me.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

i hope to be a first timer to DL very soon! if anyone is taking a survey
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    When?

• Official MC Thread Killer

I'll be visiting Disneyland for the first time this summer (I'm 14)!!! I think there are going to be a MUCH higher percentage of first timers flocking to Disneyland this year because of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth, and everyone (even if they've never been) wants to be a part of history and experience pure Disneyland magic.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Well if it counts I'm planning a trip this next spring with at last count three other first timers (four if you count me) and one person who had been there but many years ago. We've all been to Disney World many times, but we figured if there was ever a time to first experience Disney Land it'd be during the 50th.

i'm a first timer and my visit is next week . At Disneyland Paris the percentage of firtimers are very high like 70% of the guests are first timers .
    HKDL : Done !!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    Intereseting. My friend and I were sitting Sun Wheel Plaza :confused: last week wondering how many people (in DCA itself) were locals and how many were out of towners. We had no clue.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...