Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Big Thunder claimed my camera!

I was at Disneyland last week and went to enjoy a little Big Thunder action. I took a picture right before getting on and placed my camera in my pocket, as i got off the ride I reached into my pocket to get my camera to take another picture and it was gone. I filled out a lost and found form but so far no news! This makes me wonder what others have lost and if they ever got them back?

Have a Magical Day!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Big Thunder claimed my camera!

Lost and found might have gotten it late at night when the CMs were finished doing the daily night track walk. Give it a couple of days and Disney will call confirming what you wrote in the report of they found it.

•   
    • debating what to put here

I was extremely impressed with Disneyland's Lost and Found in my experience with them and have heard many others say the same. Then again, there are probably many places that the camera could have landed and finding it may not be an easy thing.

Good luck to you!
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

We have lost a few things. The first was a walkie talkie. Never did get that back. My daughter lost some sunglasses. Never got those back either. My daughter lost her camera. It was a Fisher Price camera that took real pictues. We did get that back! My dad lost his hat on Grizzley River Run. They filed a report and about a week after returning home, they got a package in the mail from Disneyland. It was the hat!

One of my friends keys fell out of his pocket on an attraction, got them back the next day! So lost and found does work, although if your camera flew out on Big Thunder it might be in a million pieces now. Hopefully not...

It also depends on how the item was lost, I mean if someone got in the seat right after you and saw a camera (or wallet, purse, etc...) they could just decide to keep it and not turn it into a CM. It's the same guests who steal things out of stollers parked around the park. Even though you're in Disneyland, you still have to deal with idiots who steal things.
    -Wes

• Minion

I have been totally impressed with Disney's Lost and Found. They notified me my son lost his cell phone before he did... (They went thru his contacts and hit "Mom") They have found 2 of his hats he has "left" behind. One showed up in the mail after we left. (They never called, we just got a package in the mail about 2 weeks later.) We have found it works best to file a report asap, then check back in the morning. As for the camera, call them, they probably have it by now.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Shubisha

I lost my camcorder's extended battery :'( Didn't find it back. Still don't know where I lost it in the park.

• Premium Youngling and

DL is suprisingly good with their Lost and Found. I have heard some pretty crazy stories about things getting lost and then returned a week or two later

About two years ago I left my 3 day old digital camera on the tram from the Timon lot. A half hour later, I went to the lost and found outside the DCA entrance and it was there safe and sound. IMO, the CM's rock as far as lost and found goes!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

The worst thing is the missing pictures hopefully i at least get the memory card back!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I have to agree with most everyone else. My wife lost her cell phone on Indy last year and we got it back the next day. Kudo's to the Disney Lost and Found CMs.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Directly directed

My brand new Kate Spade glasses paid for by me. I lost them on the Matterhorn which has the worst recovery rate and so they've been lost forever. Worst part about that story? I couldn't see Fantasmic! and then I had to go buy new ones.

I really hope they find your camera!!!

• Why do you keep talking?

I lost my Pass once, no clue I lost it until few days later. Got it in the mail a few days after that. I had no clue where I lost it either as I was all over the place in those few days.

If they find it, you will get it back. They're good like that.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I lost my sanity at DL, my wife says it still is missing.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• For You!

Our funniest lost and found was my son lost his spongebob disposable camera. We went to lost and found a while later, and sure enough, it was turned in. We finished off the film and developed it when we got home - 1/2 the roll were pictures of total strangers! I guess there was more than one family that lost a spongebob camera that day!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast