My DIFFERENT IDEA for the Toontown area......

Well, looking at the other Toon town refurbishment threads got me thinking. Does anybody (with the exceptions of kiddies) want to visit Toontown in any incarnation? Is there any way this really hard concept can be a quality Land in DL? Is it really worthy to be in DL? And in my very humble and sometimes very stubborn opinion, the answer is no. Mostly because I don't see anything really being that sucessful without getting dated. So here is my idea for Toontown......

BULLDOZE IT!

And instead, put something in even more intriguing and I think something that everyone has been craving for a long time. I'm talking about either a Villains Land or use the whole area for a Villains dark ride. It's going to take me a little while to form more ideas. But I think this would be a more ideal use of this area, because there is more of a need and want for this concept.

Here is why something themed to Villains should replace Toontown:

A) Unlike Toontown, Villains make you think about some of the classic Disney movies they were in. And that's what really belongs in Disneyland, rides based on classics not flavors of the month. And I hate to say it (because it was my generation) most of Toontown was inspired by The Disney Afternoon or Roger Rabbit. And the stuff that is fab Five based isn't really interesting and I think kind of takes away from the characters. But with Villains, you have a plethora of great movies and antagnists to choose from. And a little darker of landscape, kind of change up of what usually see from the company. (excluding HM and TOT)

B) The Kiddies already have FantasyLand to roam around at (and soon Pirate Island) and I just don't think Toon Town is really doing what it is supposed to doing with the FAMILIES. Sure, the kids can spend hours there, but it doesn't entertain adults the way FL does.

C) Toontown is a failure. Kind of an extension of B, but Lands should be graded on their appeal to the masses, meaning that every land should have something that appeals to everyone visiting. And so far, every land, but Toontown does that, because they were only going after one demographic. So as far as appealing to a majority of people Toontown failed. While Villains appeal to everyone. Wether it be the creepy goth kids, people who remember these characters original movies. Remember everyone has a dark side. Yeah, there might be some kids who are affraid just because they are villains, but they were appropriate enough to be in a beloved kids film, so they won't be that freightening in the park.

Well, there are my points for this. I'll probably expand on this a little bit later.
    Last edited by Hench; 01-23-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: needed to change title

• Banned User

Re: My DIFFERENT IDEA for the Toontown area......

I'm not knocking your idea at all, but with the current state of things Toontown needs to stay. It is an extensively themed land that screams Disney quality. I enjoy going to Toontown from time to time and Roger Rabbit is one of the best dark rides in the world. This idea that Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and all those characters appeal only to children is nonsense.

Personally I'd try to incorporate your idea behind Big Thunder or where Autopia/Motorboat lagoon is now.

But there is no way Toontown is a failure.

•   

I've always loved the idea of a Villian theme!
    I actually have drawings, thousands of ideas, notes, new technoloy, etc, etc, on my own ideas for an actual Villian Park to stand alone. I add details to this park in my head everyday so I'd be very curious to see what Disney would do with Villian Land.
    I don't think it would happen but I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I'm not knocking your idea at all, but with the current state of things Toontown needs to stay. It is an extensively themed land that screams Disney quality. I enjoy going to Toontown from time to time and Roger Rabbit is one of the best dark rides in the world.

Personally I'd try to incorporate your idea behind Big Thunder or where Autopia/Motorboat lagoon is now.

But there is no way Toontown is a failure.
    So are you saying that you can go to Toontown, not just for RRCS and enjoy about an hour there with or without kids?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    So are you saying that you can go to Toontown, not just for RRCS and enjoy about an hour there with or without kids?
    I wasn't timing myself, but on our last trip we went on Roger Rabbit, walked around the buildings, checked out the gags on the buildings, walked through Mickey and Minnie's houses, and rode Gadget's Go-Coaster. We had a lot of fun and I guess it could have taken an hour. I don't have kids. I'm 22 and I enjoy Toontown immensely.

• :)

Turn it into a Cast Member parking structure...The Katella parking lot sucks! excuse my language, it's true!!!

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    \
    BULLDOZE IT!

\
    I would be happy if they went through with the first part of your plan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    Turn it into a Cast Member parking structure...The Katella parking lot sucks! excuse my language, it's true!!!
    Buldoze DCA and build parking there first.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I LOVE Toontown, all the crazy doors and explosive plungers lying about is great. Maybe not for the locals who bore of it after a couple of looks, but (if they kept the maintenance up) it's a hoot for first (and second) time visitors.

If anything I'd like to see the area expanded, if you believe the story Disney spins, the Jolly Trolley doesn't run any more due to too many guests in the way.

We (a group of 4 adults) spent a good hour in Toontown my first visit. I've been back since
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I think Toontown needs more fun rides and attractions. A cartoon, Autopia-type ride on a Toontown freeway up above the land would be nice, but one Autopia is enough. How about a ride that goes underground and mimics the sewers of Toontown? Probably too expensive and unpractical to even create, but it’d be pretty fun and cool...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I love the idea of Toon Town, but it just wasn't planned out with everyone's best interest. Though if they were to build a new Toon Town that's a real land for everyone over in DCA, then I'd be okay with them bulldozing the current one.

Then what the can do with the space is to build a massive Peter Pan ride; Just like the original but a ride as impressive as Pirates of the Caribbean. Then they can build another dark ride in the old location based on another animated favorite.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I love the idea of Toon Town, but it just wasn't planned out with everyone's best interest. Though if they were to build a new Toon Town that's a real land for everyone over in DCA, then I'd be okay with them bulldozing the current one.

Then what the can do with the space is to build a massive Peter Pan ride; Just like the original but a ride as impressive as Pirates of the Caribbean. Then they can build another dark ride in the old location based on another animated favorite.
    Damn, you guys should be Imagineers.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Damn, you guys should be Imagineers.
    Nah... we'd all send Disney broke
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.