Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What is a good enough reason to go complain to City Hall?

I always forget to file compliments. One time I asked a cast member a question about something and they didn't know, but they took the effort to get the answer, and I decided I was going to compliment them at City Hall since they made that extra effort. By the time it was midnight I was like screw it, I want to go home.

• Banned User

i've made a compliment a few times at WDW.. its rare.. i believe the one time at MK was for a great skipper...

the other was a group of us at Epcot who helped my mom when her wheelchair had problems... it takes alot to go above and beyond the current expectations... and i rarely complain.. because i don't look into things a lot...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I was tempted to complain when I was there last Saturday evening. I went to the Stage Door Cafe, which of course was packed. Finally I'm the next in line to get my order taken and one CM behind the counter decides to ask the CM who was the cashier in my line to let him buy food. Right there in front of me they're swapping money from one CM's hands to the other in the register when there's a ton of people waiting to order food! Luckily, another CM who obviously had manners and experience working in Disneyland warned the two that they are never allowed to do that sort of thing on stage when guests are present. I honestly wanted to go to City Hall and let them know what I witnessed after waiting for over 5 minutes to just order food but I forgot the CM's names by the time I left the park at night. I used to work in a retail establishment and we weren't allowed to cut in front of regular customers when we bought stuff at our work. Always had to wait in line just like everyone else even if we were on our 15 minute break or 30 minute lunch. But other than this specific incident, I never had a need to go to City Hall to complain. I've only gone there to get a birthday pin.

• We wants the Redhead

I have gone to leave complimetns a few times... I only went one time to complain. It was when I witnessed 2 CM's showing inappropriate affection to each other while the male CM told the female CM, "I have to go see my wife in the hospital later today". It made me do a double take. I felt that was very inappropriate for a CM at DL.
    Janet
    John 3:16

I hardly ever go to City Hall to complain or compliment. It has become a total waste of time and effort.

I find out who is in charge and I phone, email and/or write them.

I went twice recently at DL (see the Fodder for KCBS? thread) and it was a total, utter waste of time.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

The single time I ever went to City Hall, it was with a friend to retrieve her purse from Lost & Found. Aside from that, I just forget City Hall exists most of the time. Based on this, I would only go there to complain if something happened to make me inconceivably furious (for example, if I was violently attacked in front of a cast member and they didn't do anything about it). Thankfully, I've never been given any such reason to complain to City Hall, so I've stayed away from it.

I was really tempted this past weekend after the CM at the bottom of the second ramp at Soarin' was rude to two groups because they would not split up. We had gone as singles and as we got to the bottom of the left line he said "single riders up against the wall" in a tone like we were about to be frisked... Then they began filling the sections and ran out of people, and the first group came down (with a wheelchair) and he asked "I can get you on this flight if you are willing to split up" they said "no" and he said "then get up against the wall". He then asked the next group (also with a wheelchair) if they were willing to split up and they said no, again he told them to get up against the wall. Now the line was to where there is a chain he could open and that group agreed to split up, but he didnt take them to his side of the queue, he had them pass by the two groups with wheelchairs and sent them down to a gate. He then told the groups to spread out and move down.

The shocked look on the faces of the two groups with wheelchairs was too much. I understand trying to push people through but you really can't speed up Soarin' much and this wasn't even that busy of a day.

I ended up on a seperate flight from the other member of my group so I had some time afterwards and noticed the CM had cycled to the fast pass entrance. I tried to talk to him about it but he claimed he didnt remember it that way (believable) and that he was really busy trying to get the sections full (theres always a few minutes to stand there before the warning spiel).

I decided not to complain in hope he heard what I said.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I would leave MANY more positive comments if the cards were out and accessible and didn't involve standing in a line that may be 30 to 45 minutes long.

As far as negative comments go, I'd have to be really ticked off before I would head into city hall. Really bad service in one of the restaurants or a belligerent or condescending CM might give me the incentive to stand in line, or at the very least, to email the park.

Or...if Tigger hauled off and went upside my head just because I tried to strangle him for fun. In such a case, one should definitely file charges, call the media, and try to get on Bill O'riley asap. I would then begin a new line of T shirts which would read "Tigger opened a can of Whup -A** on me and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt."

I should really have gone to bed a loooooong time ago.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-24-2007 at 06:19 AM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Some people just need to relax and enjoy the Park.

Those lightbulb counters crack me up!

We actually overheard a guest complaining to a CM about the weather! THE WEATHER!!! Like the CM (or anyone else) can do anything about it! (he was complaining that it was too cold...REALLY complaining!). We had to stop and listen to this idiot rant and rave to the poor CM. I finally had enough and told the guy to get a life (more or less...hehe). I also told the CM to not think twice about it, since it wasn't HIS fault the weather wasn't cooperating for the disgruntled guest (LOL). I also gave the CM kudos at City Hall for his patience with dealing with a total jerk.

If I have a problem with a CM, or food, or the like, I take it up with the person right then and there (that's just the way that I am). If it is just to show my displeasure of what happened, or to state that something wasn't served right, or whatever. I'll give the CM the benefit of the doubt and let them correct it. If they don't, then I'll take it to the next level. Right then and there. Believe me, it WILL be taken care of...

Thankfully, that hasn't happened (at DL). But then again, I haven't taken the time to count the lightbulbs...LOL

And yes, some people seem to exist just to complain so they get free stuff. We know a person like that. She complains about everything! All in an attempt to get something for nothing. She is also the same person that will get her kids something from the Park at the beginning of the trip so they (essentially will keep quiet) have something to keep themselves occupied, and then return it and get her money back before they leave. She has also been known to sneak over to City Hall after having a nice meal and then complain to them that the meal was terrible, and DEMAND nothing less than a full refund.

Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwgrlup View Post
    I only went one time to complain. It was when I witnessed 2 CM's showing inappropriate affection to each other while the male CM told the female CM, "I have to go see my wife in the hospital later today". It made me do a double take. I felt that was very inappropriate for a CM at DL.
    Boy do I miss all the flirting that goes on there. I never got a complaint though. I did get a compliment once while working Matterhorn. To this day I still wonder how the heck do you get a compliment working the Matterhorn?? Was someone so impressed by the way I told them to get out the bobsled or what? I figure they either made a mistake and it was someone with the same name as me but a different attraction or I made some old lady's day when I invaded her private space to adjust the seat belt.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmata View Post
    I was really tempted this past weekend after the CM at the bottom of the second ramp at Soarin' was rude to two groups because they would not split up.
    So where is it that one goes to at DCA?

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    The Guest Relations Lobby, first left after the entry gates.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    They were smart not to call too much attention to it

• Senior Minion

I have never had to leave a negative complaint at City Hall.
    We have left many positive compliments, picked up a birthday sticker, and made reservations for Fantasmic also.
    One was during our WIWF(Walk in Walt's Footsteps)Tour with CM that was very gracious with a guest who was coming off borderline annoying by trying to "quiz" the CM plaid and take the Tour off the topic at the particular time during the Tour. (Same day Jim Hill was kicked out of the Disneyland)

There was one particular time where are party was split up on Space Mountain.
    Everyone was together, but the CM split us up while we were trying to complete our rocket with the group we had. Now after they messed it up, they blamed us for the split up. No biggie, CM blaming the guest was wrong or maybe it was a concern about weight distribution. Which happened to us on the second try, with the detour off to the left.
    It wasn't worth complaining about. We didn't let it ruin our fun and we went on. But holding Disney to a higher standard that they set, that is soo true.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-24-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I have left a few compliments and only one complaint. I became ill a few hours after eating lunch (the only thing I had eaten that day) and I wanted to let management know. Not to get anything free, just to prevent someone else from getting sick. It takes a lot for me to go into Guest Relations, so there was either an amazing CM, or a big screw up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast