Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: What is a good enough reason to go complain to City Hall?

You know, when you file a compliment it doesn't always make it back to the CM. It's left up to that CM's manager. And because of that, I started a thread to reward CMs that go above what's expected of them. It's in the lounge if you're interested. It's called "Hall of fame".

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney Gram

I have never filed a complaint at City Hall...very few negative experiences in my visits, and if a CM is "off" just a bit...well, ya know what, so am I every once in a while at work. We never know what someone else is experiencing so I try to cut some slack. It would have to be a drastic situation for me to complain.

I have filled out a compliment form at City Hall, and then discovered I could do it via email. I have always received a response, for both the written and email compliments...first from guest relations acknowledging it, and then from someone in management for that particular area.

And...while I am at it...a BIG thanks to all the CM's who make each of my visits magical!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pancake View Post
    I did get a compliment once while working Matterhorn. [...]I made some old lady's day when I invaded her private space to adjust the seat belt.
    I think we might have isolated the weird/creepy CM from the innappropriate touching thread.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    They were smart not to call too much attention to it
    Thre is a FastPass for it, though, since it's one of the most popular attractions in that park.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I use to go into City Hall before the remodal and there was that extra room with chairs. I use to sit in there and listen to all of the complaints and just laugh myself silly. Now thats entertainment!!!!! The only time I have gone into complain was about- dare I say - "light traigic preview night". in fact I did not even get into City Hall, they had castmembers handing out business cards to write in. I only go in for compliments and the birthday pin.

• Special Agent

I think it's silly to go to City Hall for any reason. If something happens that ruins your enjoyment of the place - then just stop going. And if a cast members does a really good job - why compliment them for it? They're just doing their job.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by micksgal View Post
    The only time I have gone into complain was about- dare I say - "light traigic preview night". in fact I did not even get into City Hall, they had castmembers handing out business cards to write in.

hehe...How true!

The only time that I complained about something at the Park was that same night! The press/preview night of light tragic!

I just couldn't believe my eyes!

Anyway, as I was profusely apologizing to my firend (that I invited to come along for the "experience"),a CM came up to us and asked about the show. Boy did I fill her ears!

And my final words were, "it'll be gone by the end of the year".

Well, I was close...It lasted 'til Labor Day, then poof! Gone!

• Beyond Your Experience

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post

As far as negative comments go, I'd have to be really ticked off before I would head into city hall. Really bad service in one of the restaurants or a belligerent or condescending CM might give me the incentive to stand in line, or at the very least, to email the park.
    I basically feel the same.

Getting Some Skin Exposure to the Blackout

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I went to City Hall once to see if they could make an exception to the "nickname policy" on hat-writing since it was grandparents nicknames of "Meemaw" and "Pop-Pop".
    Other than that, the only time I visited was to take pictures for the "Where In Disneyland" thread.

Of course, if I have real problem I don't take it up with a CM. I'll usually find out who the person is that can actually make a difference and then I write them a letter.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    And if a cast members does a really good job - why compliment them for it? They're just doing their job.
    Because most cast members don't get any recognition at all! They get paid minimally and a guest compliment is very good for their employment record. If they have done something aboveand beyond, then they deserve a compliment. Ie: Jan at Timepieces spent a lot of time with a person in my party by answering their questions, then adjusting and readjusting their watch, etc. Yes, it is part of her job, but spending about an hour with a guest, that is above and beyond. And at Soaring a few weeks ago, I had a single rider pass and also a cane for my leg. The cm was so nice that he gave me a special fast pass and put me right on the ride! Unfortunatly that day I didn't get his name (I was so shocked at how nice he was!) But I still went in and complimented him with just where and what time. I hope he got it!

As I find most people to be lawsuit-happy complainy-pants-es, I have made it my mission to be a better person than everyone else and have only complained twice:
    Once when Disneyland gravity wasn't working properly and my daughter lost her balloon, and the second time was when I heard some suspicious looking types talking what I believed to be Al-Quiadey (sp?).
    What resulted?
    Well, the folks at City Hall claimed Disneyland doesn't control their own gravity (oh, but they can control their hours and lights! Gimme a break.), and security informed me that the possible terrorists were speaking Spanish (to which, when I replied 'possible illegals?', security got all scared and turned and walked away!).
    In short, complaining doesn't work.
    Bored? Check out my animation news & reviews website: http://skunkandburningtires.com

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-osh View Post
    In short, complaining doesn't work.
    Whatever... did you get any free stuff?

BTW-Welcome to MiceChat- positive rep to follow... oops... I said rep!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I was tempted to complain when I was there last Saturday evening. I went to the Stage Door Cafe, which of course was packed. Finally I'm the next in line to get my order taken and one CM behind the counter decides to ask the CM who was the cashier in my line to let him buy food. Right there in front of me they're swapping money from one CM's hands to the other in the register when there's a ton of people waiting to order food! Luckily, another CM who obviously had manners and experience working in Disneyland warned the two that they are never allowed to do that sort of thing on stage when guests are present. I honestly wanted to go to City Hall and let them know what I witnessed after waiting for over 5 minutes to just order food but I forgot the CM's names by the time I left the park at night. I used to work in a retail establishment and we weren't allowed to cut in front of regular customers when we bought stuff at our work. Always had to wait in line just like everyone else even if we were on our 15 minute break or 30 minute lunch. But other than this specific incident, I never had a need to go to City Hall to complain. I've only gone there to get a birthday pin.
    I don't think this should have been brought up to City Hall, because of the CM who told those two that they are never allowed to do that on stage in front of guests. Obviously this problem was immediately addressed and I feel there should be no reason for you to complain about it. If anything, you should have gone just to compliment the CM who told the other two that their behavior was inappropriate, but I think in general this situation was handled well.

• Can see my car from here

I went yesterday to complain about how light the crowds were, and as you can see from this photo taken by Mr.Fantasmic, they had a cast member ready and waiting to help! The little girl was saying something about her Monte Cristo being a bit to greasy, and the cast member was very rude to her. Where do we report rude complaint takers?

Photo credited to Mr. Fantasmic.

• Minion

[quote=Ju-osh;1330140]
    Once when Disneyland gravity wasn't working properly and my daughter lost her balloon,quote]
    That's weird. I have witnessed it myself that some kid lost their balloon and the ppl went to city hall and they replaced it for them. (I was behind them in city hall and heard the conversation). You must have gotten one of the RUDE cm's that work in there... (in my oppinion most of the cm's at disneyland city hall are the rudest in the park!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast