Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Wonderful World of Color Nightime Water Show & Carland Location

Well, if you read the 2nd part of Marcie's Corner, she mentioned that they are imagineering a new show for Paradise Bay rumored to debut in 2009, im guessing this concept must be it.

As for Carland, Marcie noted that it is slated to be placed in the farm area in A Bug's Land, I personally think that area is to small so ofcourse they would have to go outside the berm where the Timon parking lot is.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Re: Wonderful World of Color Nightime Water Show & Carland Location

Any word on if the new nighttime show will include some fireworks, or just water?

• Across From DL

Lets hope there will be some Pyro, I'm sure that the Imagineers can find a way for the smoke to clear easier, can anyone comment on how the NYE fireworks were (smokey) or not?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

It'll definitely be more fire and water based, than pyro.

• n/a

the lagoon needs something, anything. They could put Darkwing Duck out there with a sparkler and it'd be better.
    Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~ Mel Brooks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    Lets hope there will be some Pyro, I'm sure that the Imagineers can find a way for the smoke to clear easier, can anyone comment on how the NYE fireworks were (smokey) or not?
    Illumin*cough*aria.

• Banned User

smoke is something that happens in any firework show... if you want to see smoke you should see when the winds blow in for illuminations...

thats why you have breaks in shows... to let the smoke clear and let them brace for the finale smoke...

You don't need pyro at all to have a great show.

In Steve Davison's capable hands, I'm sure the show will be spectacular.

I just wish for a show with classic Disney music instead of a new soundtrack with moppets singing about magic and dreams and yeah, wishes.

Steve Davison's great, but you're right. He can get Namby Pamby really fast. One shouldn't be able to discern a producer's sexuality through the shows he produces, if you know what I mean. So, I hope someone is there to keep the lyrics a little more... ahem... straightforward.

"Light Magic" should be a warning for all future Disney productions to avoid the meaningless and overly feminine sentimentality that is characterized most often by little children spouting platitudes. I still am quite encouraged, though, by his recent promotion because he's one of the most imaginative and clever guys in the whole organization.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Both sound promising

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    You don't need pyro at all to have a great show.

In Steve Davison's capable hands, I'm sure the show will be spectacular.

I just wish for a show with classic Disney music instead of a new soundtrack with moppets singing about magic and dreams and yeah, wishes.
    The Legend of Mythica, anyone???

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Steve Davison's great, but you're right. He can get Namby Pamby really fast. One shouldn't be able to discern a producer's sexuality through the shows he produces, if you know what I mean. So, I hope someone is there to keep the lyrics a little more... ahem... straightforward.

"Light Magic" should be a warning for all future Disney productions to avoid the meaningless and overly feminine sentimentality that is characterized most often by little children spouting platitudes. I still am quite encouraged, though, by his recent promotion because he's one of the most imaginative and clever guys in the whole organization.
    I completely agree with the last bit of your comment there, but I have no clue where you make the connection between a producer's sexuality and the shows he produces. I don't know where you get off saying that. Having a childrens chorus in the material of the show doesn't seem like it has anything to do with one's sexuality. I just don't get that whatsoever. Mind you, I am not a fan of the childrens chorus thing, but still...

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I completely agree with the last bit of your comment there, but I have no clue where you make the connection between a producer's sexuality and the shows he produces. I don't know where you get off saying that. Having a childrens chorus in the material of the show doesn't seem like it has anything to do with one's sexuality. I just don't get that whatsoever. Mind you, I am not a fan of the childrens chorus thing, but still...
    Uh oh. I think I will hide under my desk until the smoke clears... and not the smoke from the pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I meant the comment to be affectionate. It's hard to convey tone sometimes in text. I'm sorry if I offended. It wasn't my intention to do so. I really don't know Steve's sexuality, but it doesn't make much of a difference, anyway. He just seems to imbue his oftentimes larger-than-life personality in his work.

I'm sure you know Steve, and I'm sure you know how fun he is to be around. I love most everything he does, myself, and his descriptions of all the things he's going to do are oftentimes even more entertaining than the finished products, themselves. He shares that trait with Walt Disney, himself.

I was just making an observation about Disneyland's entertainment being less than manly, sometimes. It's not just Steve's work; Disney Parks' marketing is oriented toward 18-40-year-old women, and that femininity can be off-putting to many men and boys, as well as to some women and girls.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-24-2007 at 09:47 AM.

• The pride is back.

Uh-huh. So we could tell Walt's sexuality because of all the princesses in his stories?

Look behind you, PI. There's the line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast