Haunted Mansion DVD Question (re extras about ride etc)

So I admit part of the reason I bought the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD (first) was to have the 20 minute exceprt of the 1967 Disney World of Colour Pirates footage on DVD--I have a copy of the full episode on tape taped off Canada's Family Channel in 89 but it looks pretty rough. (I really wish that full special would appear on DVD at some point--it's great--but now that the Treasures DVD series is over, and they only released DIsneyland themed eps that featured Walt during his life I guess we'll never get later ones...)

Anyway I believe in 69 they had a similar episode for the Haunted Mansion with a similar nearly complete ride through of the ride (??) I can't get a detailed copy of what was on the Haunted Mansion movie DVD as extras--is anything related to the ride on the DVD of this awful movie--and maybe a special like that?

Thanks guys
    E
    Last edited by EricMontreal22; 01-23-2007 at 11:49 PM. Reason: New name

• Disney worshipper/geek

Re: Haunted Mansion DVD Question (re extras etc)

I think, can't be sure, but I think you're talking about the one with the Osmond Brothers and a very young Kurt Russell, when he was still the clothed and classy Lindsay Lohan of the time...

I've seen it once or twice when the Disney Channel still did late nite Vault Disney. Also, there was this singer who was popular at the time, but I can't remember her name. I know it wasn't Lulu...

I don't think it's on the DVD of the Haunted Mansion. You'd think they would put it on so someone will buy the movie...

I didn't know they discontinued the Treasures series. Are you sure?
    Now I am sad...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Yeah I believe the Osmonds wer ein the special (which makes me far less itnerested to see it--the Pirates special and New Tomorrowland one was very classy) but I'd still like to see it...

There must be a website somewhere that lists all those DIsney TV specials especially ones related to the parks... I should look thru my E Tickets too I think they mentioned it in their magazine

Leonard Malten has apparantly said to someone on the ultimate Disney site that the Treasures series is gone (i still need to get the Your Host Walt Disney one come to think of it for some Disneyland stuff) but that coul dbe taken with a grain of salt. Still it seems likely however they have a new similar series Disney Legacy series (which the True Life Adventures are under) and in the upcoming volumes pictures there's one that seems to be devoted to Disneyland so perhaps I spoke too soon?

thanks!

E

• Comin' at ya!

I would love to see it
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

If you want the osmond thing check out doombuggies.com they have a multimedia section... I think it might still be there.

• Drunk On Disney

The Extinct Attractions Club has it:
    http://01508f4.netsolstores.com/inde...PROD&ProdID=65

It's a pretty good look at the ride. I did buy the HM movie DVD (awful, awful film.) But I bought it just for the featurette on the HM ride. It was pretty good, but I think you had to watch it on a DVD-ROM computer.

Yeah I have the two disc Pirates which has a CD-ROm feature too (the limited edition three disc has it as an awctual DVD footage where it should be) Shame they don't include the Osmonds ep--from the very low quality clips on Doombuggies, it actually looks liek a good little special as much as I hate the Os

• 88 mph

i refuse to believe DIsney was involved with making that movie.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

I actually remember watching this episode on Disney channel YEARS ago

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Huge Mansion fan. Check out youtube, might be there. Man that movie...a friend of mine had it. I watched it halfway....got super angry and cursed the Disney gods for making me feel the need to clean my eyes out with bleach and I didn't even check the rest of the disc for extras. Damn now I might have to check it out next time. I don't know if I can even stand picking it up...I'll feel dirty again.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....