Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Who Loves Disneyland?

I remember going on Splash Mountain when it first opened. I was scared to death of the drop but I just hung on the sides and watched the kids in front of me while going down. Looking back, I would have regretted not going on the ride because the entire experience is well worth the few seconds of being scared. Have fun in Disneyland!!!
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Ok....you guys have convinced me I am going to do it! I'll let you know how it goes.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    I have never ridden the Splash Mountain at DL, but I have ridden the one at WDW. I was watching a clip of Splash Mountain on the Travel Channel, before my 2004 trip, and I said, "I can do that". Splash Mountain tells a story and there are three minor drops inside the Mountain. The ride is a little more than 10 minutes long. Just before you get to the final drop, the music changes to foreboding and you see vultures. I said, when I rode it for the first time, that if I was scared, I would just close my eyes. Upon riding it, however, I was having such a good time, that when I saw the vultures, I actually said "don't close your eyes. Keep them open. Seeing the park from up there is very cool. The drop is over very quickly. I did not scream, as I am not a screamer. I clenched my teeth. It was thrilling, and I was blabbering all the way to the laughing place what a wonderful feeling it was. It is especially gratifying to overcome the fear of riding. I do not like drops or water, but Splash Mountain is just plain fun. I was in the back seat at WDW. Their seats are benches. I did not get that wet. I am assuming on a warm sunny day, the splash is actually enjoyable. So don't think too much about it before hand. Try it. I did, and I want to do Splash Mountain on my first trip to DL for the 50th.

• hide the rum

Re: Splash Mountain.. [To] Ride? or Not?

if u like the tower of terror u wont be scared of the splash mountain im the biggest wimp out there i mean the drop scares me but i jus duck my head and close my eyes and it isnt scary anymore ya tower of terror scares me to death
    "Be very careful about following the advice in health books. You could die of a misprint."
    -Shrunken Ned

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Splash, since the first time I rode it at 9 til I rode again at 18, and up to now at 24, it still scares the poo out of me. You should still try it tho.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    If you can do Tower of Terror ... then you can do Splash with NO problem!! Just hold on tight and scream the whole way down!!!
    I agree, I'm afraid of riding Tower of Terror, but i love Splash Moutain!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

¡Quédese sentó por favor!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, I don't agree that if you can do ToT you can do Splash. They're different types of rides with different types of drops.

I don't like the Splash type of drops but I do like the ride. The last drop is over in a heartbeat... it looks worse than it is and they try to make it out to be worse than it is. I agree with Ghostbuster - the "rollercoaster" drop inside is much worse.

But Tedi.... your trip is over it looks like? Did you go on Splash?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Rock Star Minion

"And over here, in our archaeological dig, is an ancient thread about a poster scared of riding Splash Mountain..."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• That Guy

^ Sediment, as usual, you are a genius. I was looking at the original post date, and was like, huh?

Is it just me, or is it a bad sign that she never returned to post how it went? Could she still be stuck in there somewhere? Should we alert the authorities?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The original poster, of this thread, did not come back and report about whether or not they got on Splash Mountain. I myself was at Disneyland for the Anniversary, and was reluctant to ride Splash Mountain too. I had read a few things on MiceChat about how they were having problems with the logs.

Well I did ride Disneyland's Splash Mountain, and I loved it.

Just a few comments. The logs are not as comfortable as the ones at WDW. The ride seems shorter. The approach to the last drop is different, but just as thrilling. I love the themeing of the ride, and the music. The logs are also quite bumpy. The inside drops are great.

I would definiitely ride it again, and again, and again. I am just too chicken to sit in front. Otherwise I love Splash Mountain. Just wish the waits were shorter.

• Banned User

I hate drops, I hate heights, etc...
    rides aren't really why I go to the park...
    but I LOVE SPLASH!!! It is my favorite!!!

Have you done Pirates? Think of the first drop only steeper!

Have fun!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    "And over here, in our archaeological dig, is an ancient thread about a poster scared of riding Splash Mountain..."
    LOL, I thought it was an interesting thread until I found out that it was from more than 4 months ago and then I was like, "Why even bother".

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    ^ Sediment, as usual, you are a genius. I was looking at the original post date, and was like, huh?

Is it just me, or is it a bad sign that she never returned to post how it went? Could she still be stuck in there somewhere? Should we alert the authorities?
    I think the words you're looking for are "Suuuuper Genius."

I too, would like to know how that went. Most (not all -- there are some exceptions) people who won't go on otherwise safe rides usually just want the attention they get by not going on the ride, as if that's more fun than the ride itself. The humiliation of being called a baby, the sneers from other family members, the headshaking. All to make sure the spotlight remains on them. Usually the youngest member of the family, BTW. Being the baby has perks that older siblings aren't allowed to get.
    (No I'm not a psychiatrist. Just trying to flush her out.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    LOL, I thought it was an interesting thread until I found out that it was from more than 4 months ago and then I was like, "Why even bother".

I know, reading an old thread is like buying stale candy. By the time you take a bite, it is too late, you're already committed...*

*This will likely not make sense to anyone but me

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I think the words you're looking for are "Suuuuper Genius."

1,000,000 apologies, Suuuuper Genius, it shall never happen again...

You have yet another great point. I wouldn't beg anyone at DLR to ride a ride with me, I would be like, "Yo-go make me a sandwich!" or make them go get fast passes for other stuff.

Holla

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast