Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: Andrew's 1-23 UPDATE: DreamClouds invade moat, peek behind tarps, and.. People Mo

Awesome job once again!

It's great to see what the park looks like on weekdays (as Dusty commented upon).

Great work on getting the hard-hitting almost-behind-the-scenes shots of current (and perhaps future) renovations!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Popular Princess

Re: Andrew's 1-23 UPDATE: DreamClouds invade moat, peek behind tarps, and.. People Mo

great pics! thanx for sharing!

loved the commentary! that's the hardest i've laughed in awhile! totally made my day!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Well I wish I had been there even if everything was a Disneyified refurb desert.
    The DreamCoulds are terrifying. Is that what this new century has brought to Dineyland? Rainbow curlicues? It's not attractive. It makes it look like...like....Easter! A 70's psychadellic Easter!
    The WDI people behind this were obviously dropping acid when this idea was concieved:
    "Guys, what it--what if--HAHAHA--we had these....vinelike....rainbow...things everywhere? How cool would that be?"
    "It's so....deep, man! It's symbolic...or...something..."

And now I want to cry. From laughter or sadness at the plague of rainbow swirls, I'm not sure.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'm so jealous that you are able to make mid week trips to the park. I just love being at Disneyland when it isn't crowded. Sadly, these days, it seems the park is always crowded on the weekends.

Great pictures and commentary as usual. You do a really good job!

Looking forward to your next update.

-Dusty
    Thanks, Dusty. I'm sorry I won't be able to make the official 2 year celebration, but I'll be around at DCA on Saturday with my sister. I swear I'll come to a meet as soon as I can. Besides, a smaller meet would be a nice way to start.

On that note, now that I know that these things are helpful, I'm even more encouraged to keep making them!
    Keep telling me what you all think!

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Well I wish I had been there even if everything was a Disneyified refurb desert.
    The DreamCoulds are terrifying. Is that what this new century has brought to Dineyland? Rainbow curlicues? It's not attractive. It makes it look like...like....Easter! A 70's psychadellic Easter!
    The WDI people behind this were obviously dropping acid when this idea was concieved:
    "Guys, what it--what if--HAHAHA--we had these....vinelike....rainbow...things everywhere? How cool would that be?"
    "It's so....deep, man! It's symbolic...or...something..."

And now I want to cry. From laughter or sadness at the plague of rainbow swirls, I'm not sure.
    I sometimes think of what people are thinking about some things. But really, the DreamVines look better in person than they do on film (er... memory card??) That said, if they start taking over the castle, my opinion will quickly change.

• in technicolor!

Great report, yet again Andrew! The DreamClouds, Vines. etc. do look rather odd but I haven't seen them in person. I'll have to see how that goes on Saturday.

And good luck in DCA all day...I can't do that. Haha.

• Senior Minion

Nice job on the report and commentary! Nice to see it from a different perspective.
    Yours always leave me with a big smile. How fun.

I truly hope that those people up there on the Peoplemover track are planning some work to be done soon. I remember seeing that door beside them open one evening, with no one around.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-25-2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Those Miserable little typos.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• e komo mai

Nice TR! I love these photos.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Nice job on the report and commentary! Nice to see it from a different perspective.
    Yours always leave me with a big smile. How fun.

I truly hope that those people up there on the Peoplemover track are planning some work to be done soon. I remember seeing that door beside them open one evening, with no one around.
    It's not the first time I've seen people on the People Mover tracks. They tend to be up there every once in awhile, but now that there's not work directly on the Nemo Station, I don't know why they'd be there.

• World Traveler

Great photos! Thanks ... I hope the next time I visit Disneyland the crowds are as scarce.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Splash Mountain - water = THUD Mountain
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, I was just watching the Food Network. Their promos show these vine thingies growing from out of the Food Network logo which look a lot like the necks of the swans and the vine thingies that are on the main entrance tunnels.

Someone from Food Network should sue Disney. Hopefully that will force them to take them down!

Not quite as bad as my Birthday yesterday (Wednesday, 24 January) but let's see what actually HAPPENS with the Peoplemover tracks!!!

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I hope you’ve all enjoyed this update, and you’ll let me know what you think in comments.

I think you look cute in the Space picture! And I have that track jacket! (Which I bought to wear to Disneyland when I went last year, coincidentally!) Your comments cracked me up! Great job! I look forward to more trip reports!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Has it been mentioned someplace (here or in another thread, couldn't seem to find it anywhere) that the cloud monsters in the castles' moat are take-offs of swans? Look closely. They have wings and the curly-q thing is representative of the neck and head of a swan.

I wonder if they poop clouds. Or cotton balls. Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast