Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Re: Diet Food at the Park

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    "specific dietary restrictions..."

Does this refer to people who are officially on a diet, just to watch their weight or do they mean something more specific than that?
    Don't worry about it. Just put your food in your backpack with a sweatshirt or something on top of it.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here is a web site that keep the menu update.

one are own mC keep site update.
    http://www.dlresortinfo.com/
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Why do you keep talking?

From my experience, they don't say anything for snacks. I'm sure if you tried to bring in full meals they might say something, but they saw my bag of trailmix and a few Granola Bars in my bag and said nothing.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    You can get penne with the sauce on the side at the Plaza Inn. Rancho del Zocolo offers bean burritos without cheese. The gumbo and jumbalaya in New Orleans Square is relatively good, and you can add Tabasco sauce to make them better. You can also always add a salad. I used to absolutely love the Mardi Gras salad at the Blue Bayou, but I don't think it is available anymore. At D.C.A., I like the corn chowder at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. And, Downtown Disney has some reasonably healthy options, as well. But, unfortunately, Disneyland doesn't make finding nutritious and wholesome food very easy to find, especially for health-conscious vegetarians like myself.
    Where are you finding vegetarian gumbo and/or jambalaya in NOS?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    From my experience, they don't say anything for snacks. I'm sure if you tried to bring in full meals they might say something, but they saw my bag of trailmix and a few Granola Bars in my bag and said nothing.
    Obviously I think the key here is to be discreet about it. If you do that you shouldn't have too many problems. Those packages of snap peas and small carrots they sell now in the produce section of the supermarket can also come in handy to ward off hunger pangs.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Since there aren't many healthy choices at the park I usually pack a few snacks, and since I'm diabetic ... if I'm told about it at security I just let them know this and they wave me through.

Usually I like to pack two bottles of water, some nuts or shredded wheat, and one or two cans of frozen Glucerna shakes (LOVE the chocolate one).

• Directly directed

I always bring my own food to DL since not many places are vegetarian friendly, and I've never had anyone say anything to me.

• Regular Newbie :)

I've been on weight watchers... I always order one of the salads from Pizza Port and go really easy on the dressing. The salads are huge and they come with good plain (as in not fried) chicken pieces along with some good vegetables... even if you do go with the regular amount of cheese and dressing its still less in points than say a whole plate of fried chicken!
    Try getting a pineapple spear instead of a pineapple whip if you are trying to be real careful. If not just use your weekly allowance points when you go to Disneyland!!
    Hope that helps!!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Yes, you can bring in some snacks, but for meals, I recomend:

Pasta with Marinara sauce at either Pizza Port or Plaza Inn (either get the child's meal or split a full plate)

Vegetable and/or fruit packs at stands (you can also get all kinds of fruit like apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, and pineapple at these stands)

Bengal Barbeque for a vegetable or chicken skewer(s)

Side salad with dressing on the side from most of the restaurants.

Most of the hamburger places serve your hamburger without anything on them (just add ketchup and/or mustard to keep them low in fat). DCA's Test Pilot's Grill has a condiment bar for hamburgers which will give you more options of what to put on your burger too.

Zocolo (sp?) has a good roasted chicken plate (just don't eat all of the rice and beans)

Kid's meals come with the option of getting carrots with them instead of fries.

Anyway, there's a few suggestions to try and keep from going too crazy...hope this helps

This is kind of a tough one, I'm thinking back to my point counting days..... salad no dressing, salad light dressing, salad, salad, salad! I remember getting a hamburger no cheese at the hungry bear, and taking off the top bun, that's not too many points. Really, I would take in my own food. Or, if you are going with a group, and every wants a sit down meal, just eat 1/3 of whatever you want, and you shouldn't be toooo far over for the day. As mentioned before, just make sure you are super duper strict with yourself before and after you go. You'll be fine!

• rockin butter sponge!

Bengal BBQ actually fits into the points plan. I read it somewhere. Where? no idea. lol

• Banned User

Hello all...

All this talk of Monte Cristos and Dolewhips got me to thinking... Next week will be my first week of the Weight Watchers at Work program and I was wondering if anyone knows if any good food is sold in the parks that won't add too much to the waistline?

Where is a good place to eat lunch and/or dinner that offers good, calorie and fat conscious foods? If so, what specific foods can I choose from?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
    I eat all of the crap at Disneyland and i'm not obese.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Great ideas! Thank you! Do you think they will get upset if I bring some snack bars into the park?
    Nope. Just put them in your purse. No one has ever said anything to me. I bring in my own water yet they sell water in the park but they say nothing. Go for it

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

kids meals a good option and I second the Pizza Port salads.

Some places have veggie burgers - DO NOT eat the one at Hungry Bear. I had a turkey burger at Storytellers (but you might want to hold the fries!).

I think it's harder to not give into the bad ('cuz there's SO MUCH yummy bad around there) than to eat the good.

Oh and the turkey legs shouldn't be bad, if you share.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I eat all of the crap at Disneyland and i'm not obese.
    You're also a kid and don't have to worry about it...yet . Oh, and thanks for that contibution to this thread, it was very helpful
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 01-24-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast