Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Diet Food at the Park

Hello all...

All this talk of Monte Cristos and Dolewhips got me to thinking... Next week will be my first week of the Weight Watchers at Work program and I was wondering if anyone knows if any good food is sold in the parks that won't add too much to the waistline?

Where is a good place to eat lunch and/or dinner that offers good, calorie and fat conscious foods? If so, what specific foods can I choose from?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Diet Food at the Park

Try the Plaza Inn. Can't be anymore helpful, but it's worth a try.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

At Plaza Inn we have fried chicken, pot roast, pasta, cobb salad, and side salad (salads can come with lowfat dressing). There's also desserts. I guess you can come by and see if anything looks good...

You can get penne with the sauce on the side at the Plaza Inn. Rancho del Zocolo offers bean burritos without cheese. The gumbo and jambalaya in New Orleans Square is relatively good, and you can add Tabasco sauce to make them better. You can also always add a salad. I used to absolutely love the Mardi Gras salad at the Blue Bayou, but I don't think it is available anymore. At D.C.A., I like the corn chowder at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. And, Downtown Disney has some reasonably healthy options, as well. But, unfortunately, Disneyland doesn't make finding nutritious and wholesome food very easy to find, especially for health-conscious vegetarians like myself.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-24-2007 at 02:05 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hello all...

All this talk of Monte Cristos and Dolewhips got me to thinking... Next week will be my first week of the Weight Watchers at Work program and I was wondering if anyone knows if any good food is sold in the parks that won't add too much to the waistline?

Where is a good place to eat lunch and/or dinner that offers good, calorie and fat conscious foods? If so, what specific foods can I choose from?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
    Don't mean to be negative, but I think in the parks - aside from the fruit stands and such - there are slim pickins for the diet conscious . Your best bet in that regard might be at some of the hotel restaurants or maybe at a place like Rainforest Cafe in DTD. In the parks...I might recommed Pizza Port...they have salads that aren't always the greatest, but not bad either.

Hope that helps in some way.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Minion

One would think that "Nutritional Guideline" information would be made available at a disney park.... (Hint, hint!)
    Check out my other blog:

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Are you doing Points or Core?

If doing points, try to save up some points from previous days (in others words, be really really good) and use them at the park. Get salad with dressing on the side. Maybe chicken at Plaza Inn but don't eat the skin. Fruit plate somewhere? They serve a good, large salad at Pizza Port. I used to do WW and know I should still be on the program. If you have some of their snack bars, perhaps you can take one or two with you. If you plan ahead and have your mind set on, it can be done.

If you are doing Core (which I was never able to really get into), I think you can eat what you want so long as you stick to the Core foods. Brown rice and whole wheat pasta at Disneyland ... don't think so!

After posting I saw other comments around the same time as mine. If a nutritional guide is available, then use your WW chart to figure the points. Even IHOP across the street might have a "diet" item on their menu.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Pacific Wharf Cafe also offers a vegetarian chili that is healthy and satisfying.

• Beach Expert

Thanks for the suggestions. It would be nice if they could make it easier to figure out what restaurants offer what kinds of food. Maybe print it on the park map or something?

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Are you doing Points or Core?

If doing points, try to save up some points from previous days (in others words, be really really good) and use them at the park. Get salad with dressing on the side. Maybe chicken at Plaza Inn but don't eat the skin. Fruit plate somewhere? They serve a good, large salad at Pizza Port. I used to do WW and know I should still be on the program. If you have some of their snack bars, perhaps you can take one or two with you. If you plan ahead and have your mind set on, it can be done.

If you are doing Core (which I was never able to really get into), I think you can eat what you want so long as you stick to the Core foods. Brown rice and whole wheat pasta at Disneyland ... don't think so!

After posting I saw other comments around the same time as mine. If a nutritional guide is available, then use your WW chart to figure the points. Even IHOP across the street might have a "diet" item on their menu.
    Great ideas! Thank you! Do you think they will get upset if I bring some snack bars into the park?

• It's all nonsense

• Minion

You could also contact them. I was looking for Gluten free foods, and was directed to another site where someone had posted an email from DLR with all the locations and the offerings of gluten free foods.
    So, just contact guest services and see if they are any help!

• Why do you keep talking?

Security will come and beat you with magic wands if you bring in outside food

they don't mind, I did this last Sunday (I spent nothing on food at DL) and no one seemed to care, employee or customer alike.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Minion

"With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks."

I got this off the Disneyland page. So, yes, you could bring in some bars or even other snacks of your own...

• Beach Expert

"specific dietary restrictions..."

Does this refer to people who are officially on a diet, just to watch their weight or do they mean something more specific than that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast