• Disneyland Freak

Fantasy waters in the castle moat?

http://www.disneygeek.net/updates/di...dir=2005_01_28

Founain in the moat?!? That's the photographer's gatherings and it may not be true but what a great addition this would be since they dropped the PANI projection idea for the castle! (Maybe a relocation of some of the Fantasy Waters fountains which were officially axed at the DLH?)

Yes I'm quite well aware that this looks horrible, I threw it together rather quickly using two differnet fireworks pictures, one of the castle and one of the fountains from Fantasic.

Last edited by dlfreak; 02-02-2005 at 08:28 AM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Banned User

cough.. link bad.. can you retry...

Thats not a bad rendering...

• Disneyland Freak

Oops... link should work now
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Fountains in the Castle moat would be a great edition.

And am I missing something, they dropped the Pani projections?!
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

^ They dropped the PANI Projection idea??? I must have missed something too??

LOVE the idea for fountains in the moat! It would make a fantastic addition to any night show - or to just have them randomly playing differant patterns & lighting FX throughout the evening perhaps?

• Pirate Princess

Hoping hoping hoping...this sounds great!

And I think your photo looks just fine...much better than I could do!

Yah they tested it .. found out the cost and said nope! i saw a pipe in the moat Friday when I went .. got soaked! broke down on pino. but was fun!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• e komo mai

For a minute I thought this thread was talking about DLH's Fantasy Waters show going into the moat.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    For a minute I thought this thread was talking about DLH's Fantasy Waters show going into the moat.
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Fantasy Waters has been/will be compeletley removed. I was saying how I thought it would be a neat idea of the fountains went into the moat.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

• The future is upon us

Yes they have painted over the sign with a pale green color. The walls have been painted somewhat, but other than that, its gone. The old Christmas lights they had a top of the ampitheater are still there.

As for the projectors, I don't think it has anything to do with costs because they already had the system from another company. I believe part of the reason was because they had to deal with the new decorations and would probably not work as well with everything sticking out instead of more smooth areas. They have actually started using their own work and instead they are using new lighting for the castle in different areas. Its divided into sections and each pillar/spike has there own lights that are projected up from the roofs. I saw them testing it at it looked quite cool. The sections were changing colors about every second. I liked the pani projections better as they could put designs on the castle.

that was the original idea for fantasmic was a castle moat show with projections of some nature- back for the 35th anniversary, but the idea kept growing and changing and eventually morphed into what we have today.

so it's very feasible, but as far as being offered in the near future- it's not part of the 50th anniversary offerings...and i wouldn't expect them to add anything more at this late date (supercalifragilisticelebration cut, anyone?).

might be cool after the 50th, though!