• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Disney Gift Card

Query: Can the Disney "Gift Cards" be used literally "throughout the resort"? (Like it says in the Guide maps.)

I'm guessing you can definitely use them in the retail shops in both parks. But can you use them in the food places? In the restaurants? Fries carts? Popcorn carts? Chuuuurrrros?

In the Disney property Hotels? Can I get my Mickey Mouse back massage and facial on my Gift Card?

How about in Downtown Disney? Do the third party vendors in DTD mall accept them? ESPN Zone? House of Blues? Jamba Juice? La BREEEEEA?

Just how widespread is this accepted?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney Gift Card

The ODV carts(Popcorn, Churros, etc) unfortunately do not take the gift cards as a form of tender.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Shubisha

But they do take Disney Dollars. I wonder if you can trade a gift card for Disney Dollars at city hall?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    But they do take Disney Dollars. I wonder if you can trade a gift card for Disney Dollars at city hall?

There's another interesting question, if you pay for you churro with Disney Dollars, how do they make change?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Senior Minion

Terms and Conditions of the Disney Gift Card Click on this.
    Hope this answers the rest of the question.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    There's another interesting question, if you pay for you churro with Disney Dollars, how do they make change?
    Once they are bought they can be exchanged for US Dollars according to the sites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Once they are bought they can be exchanged for US Dollars according to the sites.
    LOL So you go to DL and exchange your USDs for DLDs and then when you're in the park you get USDs in change? Seems a bit pointless?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Terms and Conditions of the Disney Gift Card Click on this.
    Hope this answers the rest of the question.
    Indeed it does...
    "At the Disneyland® Resort, the Disney Gift Card can be redeemed at select merchandise, food, ticketing, parking and Guest Service locations, all well as Disneyland® Resort Hotel room nights. Not accepted or valid for use for room service or lockers. Not valid or accepted at Taste Pilots Grill, fruit carts, outdoor vending locations, third party lessees, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops, Midway games, Face Painting, Disneyland Kennel Club, and Downtown Disney® District Operating Participant locations (other than World of Disney®, Marceline's Confectionery, or the Pin Cart). Not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Hotel nor the Downtown Disney® parking lots. Not currently valid or accepted for tickets, room nights and packages purchased online at Disneyland.com."
    So hardly anywhere in DLR. But...
    "
    At the Walt Disney World® Resort, the Disney Gift Card can be redeemed at select merchandise, food, ticketing and Guest Service locations, select third party lessees and Downtown Disney® District Operating Participant locations. The Disney Gift Card can be redeemed towards payment of a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel room night or reservation. Use the Disney Gift Card for reservations or aboard Disney Cruise Line®. The Disney Gift Card is not accepted, at McDonalds®, Jellyrolls, Rainforest Café®, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience.,"
    In WDW you can use it all over the resort. How annoying.

And finally...
    "The Disney Gift Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards."
    Oh noes!

Shame.

• Senior Minion

LOL So you go to DL and exchange your USDs for DLDs and then when you're in the park you get USDs in change? Seems a bit pointless?
    Just something more to make the "Disney" experience and for the collector.

Here's a little history behind the Disney Dollars.
    It used to be for Castmembers only.

Sadly the card loactions are pretty limited where they can be used.
    Make sure you wrap a quote tag for that information or link it.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-25-2007 at 06:27 AM.

• Directly directed

I keep putting money on them and then using them up soley for the card so I can put it in my scrapbook. I have a disney dollar left somewhere too. I really like the idea of "disney currency" it makes the trip all the more special

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Indeed it does...
    <...>
    "Not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Hotel nor the Downtown Disney® parking lots. Not currently valid or accepted for tickets, room nights and packages purchased online at Disneyland.com."

<...>
    Does that mean only for the DLH parking lot? Not DLH itself?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Does that mean only for the DLH parking lot? Not DLH itself?
    At the top, it says you can use it for paying for lodging. Basically, it isn't usable in DTD at non-Disney properties, like Rainforest. You can use it anywhere in the park a credit card is accepted (which is why the ODV carts can't take it.) I dont get why Taste Pilots can't take it though. The third party vendors (nonDisney) don't accept them. (Examples, the face painters, silohettes, etc...) Most places in DL and DCA, as well as the hotels and front gate takes the gift cards. They can't be used online yet.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

FYI, The Disney gift card can also be accepted at your local Disney Store.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Maybe Taste Pilots doesn't take it as their ordering system isn't equipped for it?

Yeah, it said DLH was ok but then it said that other part... I was confused!
    Can you use it in the other two hotels as well?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Maybe Taste Pilots doesn't take it as their ordering system isn't equipped for it?

Yeah, it said DLH was ok but then it said that other part... I was confused!
    Can you use it in the other two hotels as well?
    The hotels all take the gift cards. The parking lots dont.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.