Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Engagement photo location?

Hey all!
    I'm thinking about getting my engagement photos taken at DL and eventhough DL is one of my favorite places I don't want it to look too "Disneyland-y" (i.e.; no in front of the castle pics.)

I'm thinking about getting them taken in the Tiki Room lanai, the east portico of the mansion, and, if we can get the permission of the lead, the upstairs que(sp?) of the Jungle Cruise; but I would like some more ideas.

So, where would you get your photos taken?

• rockin butter sponge!

Re: Engagement photo location?

Pirates of the Carribean. Inside the treasure room.

totally.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Well, I didn't go to Disneyland to get my pictures taken, I actually purposed there. I did it on the bridge near the snow white wishing well. Then we had some people walking by take pictures of us with the little water fall in the background with the statues of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

I liked it. You could tell it was Disney if you looked close, but it wasn't as extreme as having the castle in the background.

You might try the stairway in Angel Courtyard at New Orleans Square.

• For old time sake

We had our pics taken throughout the parks. The one of us in front of Grizzly river Run next to the Tratorria is our favorite. We also had pics taken in NOS, Fantasyland.......Our photographer was the best.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Engagement photos? Hehe wow...I've never heard heard of that tradition before! I mean not as set up...I thought it was just lucky if you had some friends on hand or Disneyland photographers sticking around to capture the moment

Court of Angels is a beautiful area.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm a little confused. You want your pictures taken at Disneyland but you don't want it to look too "Disneylandy"? Then why bother taking them there at all?

My suggestion -- and arguably the number one location in Orange County to have engagement/wedding pictures taken -- is Little Corona Beach in Corona del Mar (Newport Beach). The rocks with the waves crashing against them are simply breathtaking. Also, this is reminiscent of Disneyland in a sense. It almost looks like the rock-work of the cave extension in the Sub Lagoon. This is a MUCH more romantic spot than anything in Disneyland!

• n/a

I was going to say the Angel Courtyard, but someone beat me to it

Why not TSI? There's alot of nice photo ops there.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Senior Minion

This might sound odd, but I always thought the Haunted Mansion FastPass area looks nice. And at night those parachute things across from Mulholland Madness are lit up rather well and makes for an interesting picture.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I personally like the idea of doing it all over the park personally, assuming you have a willing photog. We haven't done engagement photos per se, but this was taken moments after I proposed in New Orleans Square and I think it works pretty well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• It's all nonsense

It really depends on what you like since there are so many good themes to work with.

I like that area between HM and the French Market where the fountain is. Town Square on main street, maybe by the entrance to the train station is nice as well.
    For DCA maybe a night shot near paradise pier with all the lights on.
    And if your into it, the big lobby area of the Grand Californian has some nice areas.

Lightbulb Re: Engagement photo location?

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone; keep 'um coming!

Responce to DisneyIPresume...
    Ok, perhaps “Disneylandy” wasn’t the right word. I suppose I really meant that I didn’t want anything “touristy” or clichéd. There are so many great details in those often overlooked areas of the park; it is what makes DL special to me and I’d like to capture that. Also, I like knowing that not everyone who looks at these photos will know that they were taken at DL; it kind of makes it more personal (in a we-know-something-you-don’t-know kind of way.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blubayou33 View Post
    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone; keep 'um coming!

Responce to DisneyIPresume... Ok, perhaps “Disneylandy” wasn’t the right word. I suppose I really meant that I didn’t want anything “touristy” or clichéd. There are so many great details in those often overlooked areas of the park; it is what makes DL special to me and I’d like to capture that. Also, I like knowing that not everyone who looks at these photos will know that they were taken at DL; it kind of makes it more personal (in a we-know-something-you-don’t-know kind of way.
    Oh. Ok, I see what you are saying. Yeah...who wants it in front of the castle when millions of others have done the same. You want something that is Disneyland and is unique. Understood. And in those simple little places that most tourists overlook is some of the most magical elements of Disneyland that really define its uniqueness.

As far as doing something not too touristy, my suggestion actually is used by a lot of locals and in fact may be a bit cliche' for someone who would be a local. But if you are not from the area it would really be unique and at the very least is worth a stop to take a look at -- very romantic for couples.

But yeah, a couple of DL pics would be neat and you have a good idea in not wanting it to be too overly obvious.

Congratulations and good luck!

• Feeling LOVED

A couple of weeks ago we saw a couple taking pics on just about everything. We asked and they were engagement photos. The cutes one I saw was when they were on the Tea cups. They were spinning and kissing and it was really cute.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    A couple of weeks ago we saw a couple taking pics on just about everything. We asked and they were engagement photos. The cutes one I saw was when they were on the Tea cups. They were spinning and kissing and it was really cute.
    Uggh! I probably would have thrown up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast