Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

Last summer there was a homeless "visually impaired" woman selling trinkets out in front of Captain Kids. I bought a trinket and was about to put the $2 in her cup when she grabbed the money out of my hand. That was pretty funny. The rap guy wanted me to put on headphones to listen to his music. That was really funny.

• rockin butter sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It is so funny, when people come on this site asking where they should stay when they visit DLR I almost NEVER reccommend one of the hotels around the resort. You are right -- EEEW! There are so many nice hotels in areas like Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, and other areas that are in very nice areas and are near the ocean and probably treat their guests a lot better than the hotels around DLR. Also, you don't have the being part of the herd feeling that you get at a hotel at the DLR.

Sorry for getting off topic, but thought I would add my thoughts to this opinion...
    Also, most people do not realize that there are Disney shuttles that run from these area hotels if you call! You can even catch a Disneyland Shuttle if you want to stay near LAX so you have the LA and Hollywood option as well!

• Minion

Honestly, Anahiem isn't as family friendly as you think. There's quite a bit of gang activity close to DL. Drive southbound down Harbor Blvd. for about 5-10 min...

That having been said, I rarely go driving around in that area anyway. The only reason I went over there was because I had an itch to do some random driving

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Honestly, Anahiem isn't as family friendly as you think. There's quite a bit of gang activity close to DL. Drive southbound down Harbor Blvd. for about 5-10 min...

That having been said, I rarely go driving around in that area anyway. The only reason I went over there was because I had an itch to do some random driving
    I agree with you. When I used to work there I heard horror stories from other CMs about what went on in their apartment complexes at night. Anaheim is not the best of cities. The only "cleaned up" part is around the immediate Resort area. Beyond that you are on your own.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I totally agree. I have a friend who lives off of Harbor and 17th Street and he tells me the gang activity in that area is pretty bad. Disneyland is probably only a 10 minute drive north, maximum.

I come to Disneyland from the south so I always enter via Harbor Blvd. If there is lots of traffic on the freeways sometimes I take Harbor Blvd. all the way. As I said originally, the DLR is pretty tame compared to other parts of the county.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I agree with you. When I used to work there I heard horror stories from other CMs about what went on in their apartment complexes at night. Anaheim is not the best of cities. The only "cleaned up" part is around the immediate Resort area. Beyond that you are on your own.
    There is also another "clean" part of town, and that would be Anaheim Hills -- which is a VERY nice area. While we are on the subject of gangs, on the flip side, the two main areas of Orange County where doctors live is Newport Beach and Anaheim Hills.

So avoid those areas at all costs! LOL

• Banned User

I've had people come up and blatantly ask me for money when I'm walking home from working at the parks.

• It's all nonsense

Just to clarify. I was not commenting on the condition/gang activity in the area. I only wanted to rant about people trying to sell me stuff as I walk to DL.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Just to clarify. I was not commenting on the condition/gang activity in the area. I only wanted to rant about people trying to sell me stuff as I walk to DL.
    That's to be expected. Disney doesn't own Anahiem.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Rather than "the streets of Cabo San Lucas," the Harbor Blvd. Hustlaz remind me more of cats on Melrose, like in front of Workman's Outlet, where it makes a little more sense to go and sell your home-made hip-hop.

Guess you haven't been on Melrose recently? Or hung out in front of the El Rey during an underground hip-hop show?

But yeah, I was a little surprised when I started seeing dudes in front of Captain Kidd's on Harbor, ready with their Discmans asking me if I liked rap music.

I've bought a few cds from the dudes on the street before. I've learned that there's usually a reason why these MCs are gonna stay local, but occasionally you find some decent talent.

Disney doesn't own Anahiem.
    They don't?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Do the prostitutes still hang out next to Dennys?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I've had people come up and blatantly ask me for money when I'm walking home from working at the parks.
    you walk to work?? PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND REALLY CAREFUL AT NIGHT! DO YOU HAVE PEPER SPRAY?

• Former Cast Member

I have seen those guys selling their rap cds. I have also seen an older asian woman playing her flute for donations. Too funny!!

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    you walk to work?? PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND REALLY CAREFUL AT NIGHT! DO YOU HAVE PEPER SPRAY?
    Didn't you say you live in Tustin?? That is sure a long walk from the park!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast