Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 97
  1. #16

    •   
    • Damn Good Burger!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the backseat!
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Last summer there was a homeless "visually impaired" woman selling trinkets out in front of Captain Kids. I bought a trinket and was about to put the $2 in her cup when she grabbed the money out of my hand. That was pretty funny. The rap guy wanted me to put on headphones to listen to his music. That was really funny.

  2. #17

    • rockin butter sponge!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    25 minutes from Disneyland!
    Posts
    590

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It is so funny, when people come on this site asking where they should stay when they visit DLR I almost NEVER reccommend one of the hotels around the resort. You are right -- EEEW! There are so many nice hotels in areas like Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, and other areas that are in very nice areas and are near the ocean and probably treat their guests a lot better than the hotels around DLR. Also, you don't have the being part of the herd feeling that you get at a hotel at the DLR.

    Sorry for getting off topic, but thought I would add my thoughts to this opinion...
    Also, most people do not realize that there are Disney shuttles that run from these area hotels if you call! You can even catch a Disneyland Shuttle if you want to stay near LAX so you have the LA and Hollywood option as well!









  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    Posts
    4,539

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Honestly, Anahiem isn't as family friendly as you think. There's quite a bit of gang activity close to DL. Drive southbound down Harbor Blvd. for about 5-10 min...

    That having been said, I rarely go driving around in that area anyway. The only reason I went over there was because I had an itch to do some random driving

  4. #19

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Honestly, Anahiem isn't as family friendly as you think. There's quite a bit of gang activity close to DL. Drive southbound down Harbor Blvd. for about 5-10 min...

    That having been said, I rarely go driving around in that area anyway. The only reason I went over there was because I had an itch to do some random driving
    I agree with you. When I used to work there I heard horror stories from other CMs about what went on in their apartment complexes at night. Anaheim is not the best of cities. The only "cleaned up" part is around the immediate Resort area. Beyond that you are on your own.

  5. #20

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,609

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Honestly, Anahiem isn't as family friendly as you think. There's quite a bit of gang activity close to DL. Drive southbound down Harbor Blvd. for about 5-10 min...

    That having been said, I rarely go driving around in that area anyway. The only reason I went over there was because I had an itch to do some random driving
    I totally agree. I have a friend who lives off of Harbor and 17th Street and he tells me the gang activity in that area is pretty bad. Disneyland is probably only a 10 minute drive north, maximum.

    I come to Disneyland from the south so I always enter via Harbor Blvd. If there is lots of traffic on the freeways sometimes I take Harbor Blvd. all the way. As I said originally, the DLR is pretty tame compared to other parts of the county.

  6. #21

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,609

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I agree with you. When I used to work there I heard horror stories from other CMs about what went on in their apartment complexes at night. Anaheim is not the best of cities. The only "cleaned up" part is around the immediate Resort area. Beyond that you are on your own.
    There is also another "clean" part of town, and that would be Anaheim Hills -- which is a VERY nice area. While we are on the subject of gangs, on the flip side, the two main areas of Orange County where doctors live is Newport Beach and Anaheim Hills.

    So avoid those areas at all costs! LOL

  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    I've had people come up and blatantly ask me for money when I'm walking home from working at the parks.

  8. #23

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Just to clarify. I was not commenting on the condition/gang activity in the area. I only wanted to rant about people trying to sell me stuff as I walk to DL.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    Posts
    4,539

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Just to clarify. I was not commenting on the condition/gang activity in the area. I only wanted to rant about people trying to sell me stuff as I walk to DL.
    That's to be expected. Disney doesn't own Anahiem.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.
    Posts
    519

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Rather than "the streets of Cabo San Lucas," the Harbor Blvd. Hustlaz remind me more of cats on Melrose, like in front of Workman's Outlet, where it makes a little more sense to go and sell your home-made hip-hop.

    Guess you haven't been on Melrose recently? Or hung out in front of the El Rey during an underground hip-hop show?

    But yeah, I was a little surprised when I started seeing dudes in front of Captain Kidd's on Harbor, ready with their Discmans asking me if I liked rap music.

    I've bought a few cds from the dudes on the street before. I've learned that there's usually a reason why these MCs are gonna stay local, but occasionally you find some decent talent.

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Disney doesn't own Anahiem.
    They don't?

  12. #27

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,724
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Do the prostitutes still hang out next to Dennys?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  13. #28

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I've had people come up and blatantly ask me for money when I'm walking home from working at the parks.
    you walk to work?? PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND REALLY CAREFUL AT NIGHT! DO YOU HAVE PEPER SPRAY?

  14. #29

    • Former Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ORANGE COUNTY, CA
    Posts
    5,358

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    I have seen those guys selling their rap cds. I have also seen an older asian woman playing her flute for donations. Too funny!!

  15. #30

    • Former Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ORANGE COUNTY, CA
    Posts
    5,358

    Re: Peddlers on Harbor Blvd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    you walk to work?? PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND REALLY CAREFUL AT NIGHT! DO YOU HAVE PEPER SPRAY?
    Didn't you say you live in Tustin?? That is sure a long walk from the park!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Harbor Blvd. Map makes me curious.
    By Barbaraann in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 06:50 AM
  2. [Question] harbor blvd tolls closed?
    By DisneyRoyalty in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:10 AM
  3. What happened to 1313 South Harbor Blvd?
    By NickCharles in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:02 PM
  4. Since Harbor BLVD Entry is closed...
    By barfownz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 07:57 AM
  5. Harbor Blvd Pedestrian Entrance UPDATE!
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •