Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 1/24: Refurbs, DreamDecor, lampposts, Submarine Lagoon, Midway, +MORE!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND

They were working on lampposts in front of the Mickey floral around noon time. I thought it was kind of bad show to have maitenance workers working on things right as guests are entering the park. But things gotta get done, right?

Some of the lampposts on Main Street have gotten these "Where Dreams Come True" lamppost signs. They're nice. They aren't plastic, they aren't cheap, they've actually very nice. The only problem is - why does the advertising motto have to be proclaimed throughout the park? Its weird...
    But at least the signs look good.

A look at the waitboard.

DreamCastle
    Work on this DisneyPark's DreamCastle continues. Let's hope the swans are the last of the new decorations, unless the new decorations are as nice as the lamppost signs

Meet Ugly,

Tacky, and Cheap.

DOWN FOR REFURBISHMENT

That's a big, dry wall

Good-bye Christm--, er ..holidays!

A peek behind Dumbo's refurb wall.

FINISHING NEMO
    With only a few more months before the attraction opens, and even less time before any possibly soft openings, the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage presses along:

SETTING UP SHOP
    Some birds have found residence inside Disneyland, on top of the Star Trader sign:

NEW PINS
    Here are some new pins... I like them and the focus on the lands and attractions.

MIDWAY MANIA
    Entering DCA, you'll now see these:

...Ugh.. I guess they aren't as bad as the tunnel graffiti across the Esplanade.

It's just a lot of dirt, well, and some new pipes.

Alright - that's it for today. Until next time!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 1/24: Refurbs, DreamDecor, lampposts, Submarine Lagoon, Midway, +MO

Thanks for sharing!

I'm one of the few obviously, but I like those dream swans and the desgins...I'm not too fond of the lampposts, though. Then again I've never like their color either. I thought they should have been left gold.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 1/24: Refurbs, DreamDecor, lampposts, Submarine Lagoon, Midway, +MO

Thank you MG, great pictures and comments.

Funny how the Year of a Million Dreams is characterized by huge blue and purple leaves. I guess that is what a dream looks like. I do like the colors and some of the decorations, but I agree that it doesn't need to be plastered everywhere throughout the parks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    DreamCastle

Meet Ugly,

Tacky, and Cheap.

You know with everything they have done over the past 2 years I like these. They are very basic....and don't shoot anything or make any sounds and they are not GOLD!!!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• I've got the Disney fever

Thank you for the pictures!!! Great report!

Does anyone know when Splash Mountain, Dumbo, & IASW is reopening??

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Work on this DisneyPark's DreamCastle continues.
    Ha! That got me to laugh quite heartily. I wasn't able to see (when I was there) if there were DreamVines on the castle, but it's beginning to look like there aren't.
    Good update.

• Drunk On Disney!

What are they doing to the castle??????

• World Traveler

Cool, thanks!

• Feeling LOVED

Fantastic trip report. Thanks for sharing with us
    HEARTS CLUB !!

I'm so scared that the castle is going to pop out behind the walls and be an ugly rainbow

Unless your into Gay Day! then enjoy

• Banned User

Boy, today sure would be a bummer day to be at DL! The Dumbos are gone, SM is closed, castle is under blue tarps and probably being covered with swirly twirlies!

Great photos though, I always love to visit DL from Seattle!!!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I don't mind those swirly things in the moat. They look far more appropriate next to a pink and blue castle than they did on the entrance. However, I didn't actually mind the look of the latter, so it is all 'fine' to me.

Seems like a few things are closed this week. If there was that much down in my beloved Hong Kong, there'd be nothing to do!

Sub progress is very exciting. I'll have to wait another year and a bit before I ride them though. That's why I'd like to add a hearty "thanks" for keeping us all updated!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

All these dream decorations are making me sick. The look tacky and unnecessary.

• Banned User

Thanks for sharing those pin photos. Where can i find them at?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Gosh, they don't really bother me that much. I like some of it much better than all the gold for the 50th. I'm not crazy about the vines on the arch or the planter box, but I do like the dream leaves and I'm undecided about the swans until after the tarps come down. So far, they haven't overwhelmed us with Year of Dreams decoration.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast