Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The pride is back.

Re: Disneyland Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Last Tuesday, I saw a dog in someone's car in the parking structure.

I wish they would have used the kennel.
    Bet the dog wishes that, too. Shameful.

My family has done this once ...

We live in a townhouse, therefore, my dog doesn't have a backyard to do his business in ... or should I say on ... he has a pee-pee pad by the front door just in case we are not home but he as only used it a couple of times ...

I totally agree with ExJungleSkipper95 about trauma and being better off at home (unless you have a social dog, which mine is not) ... My bf and I go up to DL every weekend and about twice a year my whole family goes ... however, during this trip my family decided to stay overnight and had no one to watch my dog ...

We booked at the Red Roof Inn (which I will never stay again!) b/c they allowed dogs but you are not allowed to leave them in the room unattended ... nor would I if the case was reversed ...

I was terrified to put him in the kennel b/c he doesn't do well with other dogs ... we adopted him ... before getting him, he was almost killed by a coyote and need a bunch of stitches ... causing him to be afraid of any animal bigger than him ... so I was really stressed about him having a neighbor in the cages next to him ...

I asked the CM if my dog could be isolated from the other dogs and explained my dog's psychological problems (or maybe there my psychological problems) and the CM made sure he had no neighbors ...

My dog had a window view even though he was under his blanket the whole time ... they provided water and food but we brought our own ... we had to at least walk/checkin with our dog twice during the day (ended up walking him 4 times) ...

Since he freaks around big dogs we did not use the dog area to the side of the Kennel ... we walked him on Harbor ... He received a Certificate of Distinguished Merit ...

This was also during the Halloween event ... so once we were done in DCA we put his zero costume on and while making our way to the tram he got stopped every couple of feet by other guests ...

The hubby and I did it a couple times because we were gonna be there all day and we could at least take her potty a couple times and visit her. After the couple times we realized it did more harm than good and we were doing it more for us then her. The the kennels were useful when my Mom came down with her dogs from ... both of which are huge and cannot be left alone in my house. They dealt with it much better than my puppy girl did.
    I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by AStarOnMars View Post
    This was also during the Halloween event ... so once we were done in DCA we put his zero costume on and while making our way to the tram he got stopped every couple of feet by other guests ...

OMG, that's the cutest picture EVER!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    OMG, that's the cutest picture EVER!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!
    I have a feeling my dog has a different opinion

• Dont make me unfriend you

If my kids get tired, can they stay in the kennel while my wife and I watch fireworks and ride Indy?

• Senior Minion

I don't totally agree with the trauma.
    In our case we have two very nice kennels, more like the "RITZ" for dogs. One of the kennels here in my city has Internet webcams in each room which are spacious so you can check on your friend.
    I can't stand kennels that put them in the smallest box possible and the facility stinks.
    The Disneyland Kennel is well kept, and not a bad place for just a day. The folks at the D-land Kennel asks that a guest come back and visit every few hours with your dog.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by AStarOnMars View Post

your dog is absolutely ADORABLE!!! the certificate is such a cute idea!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Eeyore smiling

AStarOnMars: Your dog is VERY lucky to have you as an owner. I have never used the Kennel, but have always thought it was a wonderful service for people who are traveling distances with their dogs. My somewhat tacky quesion is how much a day do they charge?
    Again, Kudos to you for being a great owner.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    AStarOnMars: Your dog is VERY lucky to have you as an owner. I have never used the Kennel, but have always thought it was a wonderful service for people who are traveling distances with their dogs. My somewhat tacky quesion is how much a day do they charge?
    Again, Kudos to you for being a great owner.
    $15 a day, includes food. Only a year ago it was $10.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    I think it's too much trauma for the dog to leave him/her there at the kennel all day. The dog is probably better off being left at home and if you will be gone for more than a day have a friend or neighbor come by and check up on your pooch to make sure everything is o.k.
    Yeah that's my opinion too. When I travel my dogs stay home and my very cool best friend checks in on them and walks them, they do so much better in their own surroundings.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    $15 a day, includes food. Only a year ago it was $10.

Thanks, good to know. Too bad they raised it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Our 5 month old puppy sleeps with us and hates to be alone. We drove down from Stockton and stayed at the Anabella (never again) because they accept small dogs. We walked him to the park and left him in the kennel. We came back and checked on him several times for walks and potty breaks. He did great and also received a certificate.

If we had left him home to be fed and checked on by a friend or relative, he would have been scared and alone, all night, for three nights. That would have been a trauma. Instead we opted to have him with us in the car as we traveled to and from DLR; we visited with him, and he slept with us every night.

• Premium Youngling and

I saw a family bring in a little puppy. I dont think they let them in

Are you allowed to bring those little rats dogs that you can fit in your purse into the park?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    I saw a family bring in a little puppy. I dont think they let them in

Are you allowed to bring those little rats dogs that you can fit in your purse into the park?
    My husband calls them rat dogs too!

I don't think they are supposed to be in the park, unless they are service dogs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast