• Don't Mess With The Duck!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Disney E-Mail Address

I don't know if I like the idea. Recently I read on the VMK forums that there was somebody trying to send out e mails scamming people out of their stuff on the game. The way they could tell it was a fake was by the e mail address it came from. If anyone could sign up for a disney.com e mail or disneyland.com, some people here might think that it is official correspondence even though a scam artist sent it out. I am not saying people here might not know the difference, it would just be an easy oversight. I think it is fine the way it is.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Smile Re: Disney E-Mail Address

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I don't know if I like the idea. Recently I read on the VMK forums that there was somebody trying to send out e mails scamming people out of their stuff on the game. The way they could tell it was a fake was by the e mail address it came from. If anyone could sign up for a disney.com e mail or disneyland.com, some people here might think that it is official correspondence even though a scam artist sent it out. I am not saying people here might not know the difference, it would just be an easy oversight. I think it is fine the way it is.
    That's true, but there are always little reminders that could be put in the e-mail as a signature. I know that AOL always reminds their customers that they will NEVER ask for credit card info., social security info., or password info. via e-mail.

Also, the whole "@Disney.com/@Disneyland.com" thing was just an example. The actual e-mail addy could be something else that would help differentiate between a legit e-mail and a fake.

Also, and I know this is really bad of me to say, but there will always be stupidity in the world. Sometimes things are just "common sense." I would never give out my account/personal information over e-mail. If Disney so badly needed that info. they could always call me directly or send out an actual letter in the snail mail.

I know this idea would need some more thought and work put into it, but I wanted to share something that came to me on the spur of the moment.

...Joe...

That would be interesting in theory, but then how would people in the company have e-mail. I have a disney e-mail teehee

Not only that if anyone was able to get @disney.com as there email it would be a pain in the neck on the business side to find contacts seeing how we all are @disney.com

• Comin' at ya!

I like the idea. I thin it's be cool to have an email like that for this site.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Sock Puppet

5 day walk from Disneyland, 9 with traffic.

Talking Re: Disney E-Mail Address

If you own a domain, you can use Google's Gmail service to have [email protected]. I just use regular Gmail. Which I love. It's free, has unlimited storage, only has text not flash ads. It's really great.

EDIT: I don't mean to be promoting another site, just wanted to say that about GMail.
    Last edited by Concisecynic; 01-27-2007 at 02:10 AM.

• World Traveler

You can get a "go.com" email. That was Disney's idea of a portal.