• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Filming In DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot...?

Well, I've come up with another idea. And here it is...

How about actually filming some of The Disney Channel's shows at California Adventure in one of the studios in Hollywood Picture's Backlot? Just imagine being able to actually see a LIVE taping of a show at Disney! It would give an incredible feel of actually being IN Hollywood Disney!

I know it needs more work, but I wanted to get the idea out before it went away and I forgot it.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Filming In DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot...?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Well, I've come up with another idea. And here it is...

How about actually filming some of The Disney Channel's shows at California Adventure in one of the studios in Hollywood Picture's Backlot? Just imagine being able to actually see a LIVE taping of a show at Disney! It would give an incredible feel of actually being IN Hollywood Disney!

I know it needs more work, but I wanted to get the idea out before it went away and I forgot it.

...Joe...
    I actually thought of this idea and posted it a little over a year ago. I was thinking more of ABC Sitcoms over Disney Channel shows.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney did a live taping of Who's Line is It Anyway? at Hollywood Pictures Backlot a few year's back. I spent the night at a Disney hotel in order to see it. Turned out that the line was a couple od miles long prior to DCA opening that morning.

As the show wasn't schduled until later that afternoon, getting in line ment missing out on half a day's fun. Due tp limited studio capacity, there was no guarantee of being admitted to the show. Half of those in line didn't. If it wasn't for the fact that I recognized and visited with the star of another tv show, the entire ordeal would have completely SUCKED.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I actually thought of this idea and posted it a little over a year ago. I was thinking more of ABC Sitcoms over Disney Channel shows.
    So you're the person behind the magic that allowed me to meet John Ritter. Thanks Munkee. You're utterly incredible. Sure that you didn't pirate this idea?

Whose Line at DCA wasn't taped for airing. It was just a 'lite' live version of the show. Having been to numerous Whose Line tapings, they would play various games over a 1.5-2 hour period then would spend another hour or so doing multiple show intros, tags to commercials, reading the credits and reintroductions to games so they could produce 3-5 shows from one taping. Trust me, it was a lot of fun, but as you push past the third hour your cheeks (both on your face and your bum) start to hurt!

DCA Whose Line had a brief stand-up routine by Drew then he introduced Jeff, Chip, Colin and Ryan. Linda was on guitar. I can't recall if Brad was there. They played Greatest Hits, Questions Only, Whose Line, Song Styles and just a few others. A fun day (with a lot of waiting!).
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    So you're the person behind the magic that allowed me to meet John Ritter. Thanks Munkee. You're utterly incredible. Sure that you didn't pirate this idea?
    i met john ritter too, i so love him !!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    Whose Line at DCA wasn't taped for airing. It was just a 'lite' live version of the show. Having been to numerous Whose Line tapings, they would play various games over a 1.5-2 hour period then would spend another hour or so doing multiple show intros, tags to commercials, reading the credits and reintroductions to games so they could produce 3-5 shows from one taping. Trust me, it was a lot of fun, but as you push past the third hour your cheeks (both on your face and your bum) start to hurt!

DCA Whose Line had a brief stand-up routine by Drew then he introduced Jeff, Chip, Colin and Ryan. Linda was on guitar. I can't recall if Brad was there. They played Greatest Hits, Questions Only, Whose Line, Song Styles and just a few others. A fun day (with a lot of waiting!).
    i was there for that too, i have it on video, but too bad i cant find the tape hope to find it eventually

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Hey.........There was a thread a looooooooooooong time ago about what to do to fix DCA (Ok, there's like a new thread every week about this) but I brought the idea about bringing Rock-N-Roller Coaster over, Also the great Movie Ride and the idea of filming abc sitcoms and making a the hollywood backlot into a working studio. They were just ideas I brought up. I'm a nobody smart mouth artist that nobody takes seriously.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• I'm Flying High

I agree that sitcoms would probably be a better choice so that they would draw in more audiences. Adults would want to see sitcoms more than Disney shows.
    The daydream princess

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Love The Idea!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Disney worshipper/geek

I didn't realize they tried the Whose line thing. I think it would be better to do it there on a regular basis. I love the show! They could do it sort of like the Who Wants to be a MIllionare thing, just with a better show.

I don't know why DCA wasn't just a CA version of the MGM Studios in the first place. Is there really enough to do a whole park about the state of California? I think the questions answers itself...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Roar!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I don't know why DCA wasn't just a CA version of the MGM Studios in the first place. Is there really enough to do a whole park about the state of California? I think the questions answers itself...

maybe because there are real studios within 100 miles of disneyland

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

It would be interesting, except for the fact that almost all tv taping situations don't allow for anybody under the age of 16 (some cases 18).

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by matterhornmaniac View Post
    maybe because there are real studios within 100 miles of disneyland

Including a special studio in Burbank!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    i met john ritter too, i so love him !!
    John was a multi-talented entertainer. Brilliant in terms of ability to peform both physical and satirical comedy, as well as drama. John was an awesome dancer as well. After years of laughing at his antics on tv, what a thrill it was to actually make him laugh when I met him at DCA..

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post

That sounds like it was fun-injected. Bet Drew's opening monologue was hysterical. Perhaps, I'll get tickets for the televised show one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Hey.........There was a thread a looooooooooooong time ago about what to do to fix DCA (Ok, there's like a new thread every week about this) but I brought the idea about bringing Rock-N-Roller Coaster over, Also the great Movie Ride and the idea of filming abc sitcoms and making a the hollywood backlot into a working studio. They were just ideas I brought up. I'm a nobody smart mouth artist that nobody takes seriously.
    I take you seriously. I've certainly had my fair share of ideas that have ended up being used...without getting credit for them. You are a highly talented and competitive person. Hang in there and keep putting your best into all that you do. Never know when the sun will shine your way. I would venture to say that happiness already has.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I didn't realize they tried the Whose line thing. I think it would be better to do it there on a regular basis. I love the show! They could do it sort of like the Who Wants to be a MIllionare thing, just with a better show.

It certainly wouldn't hurt Disney to film movies, sit-coms, and game shows there. The center of the film industry is just a stones throw away...including Walt Disney Studios, Buena Vista, and Disney's Pixar division.