Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: New Toy Story Mania! concept art.

They also stated in a video that all the games arent going to be released at opening of the ride, meaning they will slowly add new ones, and interchange them. It will adjust difficulty to how you are playing, and it will use the things HISTA/Soarin' uses such as water spray, smell, wind etc.

Too me it sounds very interactive and fun! A ride that will never be the same, making you want to ride more and more!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I'm interested to see what they come up with, but I think they could have left out the Toy Story theme and and made this area more like the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. That would have been a better fit in my mind.

• Banned User

Is this going to be like BLAB?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

have you read anything barfownz?!?!!? The only similarity blab and toy story mania have is targets.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Grumpy old man

This ride looks interesting. I don't have a problem with the Toy Story theme and the actual ride looks like it'll be fun.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    have you read anything barfownz?!?!!? The only similarity blab and toy story mania have is targets.
    Yes, i read it but its not processing in my mind. Thats why i am asking.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I love the concept art. It's always amazed me as to how some of these drawings and sketches come to be in real life!

I, too, think that Toy Story Mania! will make a great addition to Paradise Pier. The only gripe I have with it is the Toy Story theme. There's already a Toy Story ride at Disneyland, we don't need another one at The Disneyland Resort. I would have been happier with another movie tie in, an original concept, or potentially shutting down Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and putting in something completely different than what's been in Tomorrowland before.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Maybe it's just me but I never cared for midway games anyhow. But I think this would be fun. Instead of being a lazy video game bum at home I can go to DCA to do it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    I think the concept artwork is wonderful. I like the "Mictorian" style they will be shooting for. It will definitely bring alot of foot traffic to that area of the park.
    I don't think the concept art showcasing the "Mictorian" design is actually for Paradise Pier. I think it was just a piece of art the blogger was using to show the style of themeing that our Pier may be getting.

• Comin' at ya!

LOoks better than the original concept art.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan View Post
    The big gripes about DCA at opening were: 1) no Disney characters, 2) not enough for children, 3) no family dark rides.

Toy Story Mania addresses all of these and it will be a great addition to the pier.

I really don't understand the vociferous criticism of this attraction based on a few sketches or Pixar characters for that matter. I am glad Disney is making positive changes to DCA.
    Probably because it looks cheap, were getting sick of WDI giving us cardboard cut outs and ceilings that you can see acoustical tiles. can you imagine if they did POTC like that? Where is the WOW? At least in Eisners day they gave us the Indy ride, where are the amazing concepts at? We havn't seen anything worth writing home about for over ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan View Post
    The big gripes about DCA at opening were: 1) no Disney characters, 2) not enough for children, 3) no family dark rides.

Toy Story Mania addresses all of these and it will be a great addition to the pier.

I really don't understand the vociferous criticism of this attraction based on a few sketches or Pixar characters for that matter. I am glad Disney is making positive changes to DCA.
    Superstar Limo was a family darkride that featured people from ABC, a Disney company. I think a new ride has to do more than just meet that criteria to be hailed as the saving grace of DCA.

The ride looks very similiar to Buzz first off. Toy Story Themed, shooting, only real AA being in the que in a position that looks a lot like the one in BLAB.

Now I dislike BLAB for many many many reasons, but at least you can argue that is kinda fits the theme due to the space theming and the colors and such work for the ride. This new one has areas themed to space, the farm, etc etc, and on top of that, the sets are designed to look cheap so it can fit in the blanket theme of "its a midway game folks." Also, everyone keeps saying how fun it will be with the new tech and we can't rely on pictures alone. That is resting the entire attraction on a gimick.

When Indy was coming, did people say "awww, that looks lame, but the cool new ride vehicle will make the entire ride worthwhile." No, because the attraction looked awesome and the vehicle was a gimick that enhanced the ride, instead of BEING the ride. A cross comparison, look at Pooh. The ride vehicles are new to us at DL, yet nobody really cares because the overall show is so bad. This new ride looks cheap and tacky. Go play a pogo game on AOL and the design look very similiar.

• JML

I am very sad and sorry to say this but it does NOT look good at all! Granted, we have to wait until we can try it but... it is so cheap...

Have they ever been to Men in Black in Universal Studios Orlando!? I do not understand where Disney's creativity has gone. It is puzzling to me. Toy Story deserved better than this.
    Jeanmi

Incidentally, here's the thread to the discussion of the previously-released conceptual rendering:

Toy Story Mania
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-27-2007 at 10:59 PM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

how you all can like Buzz L. and hate this blows my mind. No wait.. its the overall pessimism here.

Looks like it adds some neat stuff on top of a concept people already like (Buzz) as well as some variations to the ride's outcome each time. I think it will turn out neat.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast