Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: We are so getting a 3rd park!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Disney's Anaheim Adventure: A water park which will feature a raft ride down the Santa Ana River.

I can hardly wait.
    Outside of the one-week rainy season will serve as a historical remembrance to the Dust Bowl

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    Check out the News Section today...

Look what Darkbeer found!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...87#post1339587
    To get and keep enough Cast Members to staff a third park they'll have to resort to conscription.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I know that you have to look ahead and plan for the future, but I still see problems that need addressing within the original park, much less DCA or this possible "third" gate. First things first, Disney.

--Barry
    Exactly...and which land in Disneyland proper will be gutted next in order to "afford" this next park?

Tomorrowland's demise, I believe, was at least partially due to budgets being stretched by the new park accross the way.....that and the fact that without the incentive of keeping rides open via A - E tickets it was easy to close some attractions without hurting the bottom line.

If a new park is built, on the cheap like DCA, look for more abandoned attraction buildings...probably in Fantasyland this time
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

First work on the second gate before building a third. I would like a Disney Seas but only if the same company that owns TDS does it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    First work on the second gate before building a third. I would like a Disney Seas but only if the same company that owns TDS does it.
    Actually the company that designed TDS was the same company that designed DCA.....

Its' just that the company that paid for TDS wasn't as stingy as the one that paid for DCA
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Disney's Anaheim Adventure: A water park which will feature a raft ride down the Santa Ana River.
    I heard that last year.
    dreams. come. true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Actually the company that designed TDS was the same company that designed DCA.....

Its' just that the company that paid for TDS wasn't as stingy as the one that paid for DCA
    No, I mean have the company that owns TDS own the third park so they can have a better budget. You can tell the differences for example our ToT versus theirs.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    No, I mean have the company that owns TDS own the third park so they can have a better budget. You can tell the differences for example our ToT versus theirs.
    If the OLC decides to build the third park for the Disneyland Resort, the park's profits would go to the OLC. Seems kind of pointless to have someone else build a park on your property and get the majority of the profits. The only profit Disney would get is from liscense to use the Imagineers and character likeness. Otherwise, it would be all OLC.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Whoa whoa whoa, some of you are acting like this is happening immediately. It's waaaaaay far out. Yup DCA still needs to be fixed up but they need to start dreaming up a good idea for the third park NOW. We don't want another rushed DCA type park. I want them to spend as long as they possibly can so the entire park is fantastic right out of the gate. Something WORTH hopping on a monorail to hit up.

As for a water park, Darkbeer said it best. It's not gonna happen. Southern California has great weather all year round, this is true, but it doesn't mean we want to play in the water all year round either.

There's already tons of water parks in the vicinity and a water park isn't going to be the ticket that brings tourists from out of state go see.

It'll have to be about rides. Grier said that they have more ideas than they can deal with so if he's telling the truth... DCA and the third park will be great some years down the line.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Someone's excited!

This 3rd gate probably won't come until around 2015, at least.

DISNEY SEA!

OR

WESTCOT!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

What do you guys think about this...

Disney Around The World

Each land could resemble the different continents that are present, and perhaps an 8th for Pangaea (sp?) when all the land was locked together as one with dinosaurs and stuff.

That way the whole snowy ice world could work with Antarctica. Heck then the Ice Queen from Narnia could have a ride! There could be an African section that has a Lion King dark ride, Pride Rock, etc. The list goes on and on.

What do you guys think?

**Btw, Mods, I'm going to copying this message into the other topic going on in the board. Just wanted to give a heads up.**

• Shablagoo!

I agree with the posters who say its not coming soon. They are batting some ideas around. It will happen one day. However, lets finish DCA and refurb Disneyland.

Now to the fun stuff, the dreaming. I like having a multi-theme theme park. Use the Disneyland model for layout and come up with some neat ideas for lands and attractions. A Shadowlands section would be awesome. Maybe a Star Wars section. That way they can move Star Tours out of Disneyland and I won't have to listen to people gripe about how it does not fit the theme of Tomorrowland. Maybe a Narnia section.

• Hooterville, USA

Make it a Walmart park. Hire a buch of old people and have them shove strollers at you!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Make it a Walmart park. Hire a buch of old people and have them shove strollers at you!
    And crazy people that accuse you of stealing something everytime you leave the store (personal experiences)

•   

I still wouldn't mind seeing a Villian Park. A park that still uses old and new Disney characters in new modern ways. It all just depends on space and money. I know I myself alread have a blue print in my mind of a Villian themed park but imagine all the ideas the Imagineers already have or have had.

One question, what rights does Disney have to Nightmare Before Christmas??? Would they be able to use that to build a Halloweentown from the movie? A Christmas overlay is an easy Christmastown away with that! Throw in a flume ride using Lock, Shocke and Barrel's tub that takes you through town and into Oogies lair through that big pipe! Possibilities are endless!

I just hope they spend the money on it this time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast