Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: We are so getting a 3rd park!

Fantastic!
    Dedication speech at the third gate:
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Pixarland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the commercialized...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of a mindless future. Pixarland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America and iPods...with the hope that it will be a source of virtual joy and unoriginal inspiration to all the world.”

• If We Can Dream It...

I don't see a third park happening for a while. I'd be surprised if construction started in 5 yrs. But, I really hope its another theme park, not a sports complex or water park. Here's to it being the realization of Westcot!

Forgive me for being stupid but, does disney only own the field and parking lots or do they own everything from the intersection of Katella & Harbor down to the intersection of Orangewood and Haster? I know they bought the strawberry farm years ago, I just wasn't sure what all that included.

If they only own the field parcel, then my next question is, How much do you think it would cost WDC to buy that whole block?
    - Horizonsfan

• Special Agent

Interesting possibilities. Most would agree that DCA needs to be fixed before a third gate is built - but if a DCA type park can be built for cheap and fixed later on - all the while still making money - than I can't see how a third park wouldn't closely follow the DCA concept.

It's sort of a lose-lose scenario. Either DCA never succeeds and never stands on its own, in which case they wouldn't build a third park - OR - DCA turns around, starts pulling in the crowds and making money, and in the process proves that the philosophy of building cheap and expanding later works.

I doubt Disney will ever build a park along the line of DisneySea or Westcot here in Anaheim since they just can't afford it. At least not with the current business model.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Make it a Walmart park. Hire a buch of old people and have them shove strollers at you!
    Since Walmart "sells for less" I bet It will be the cheapest park.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    It's sort of a lose-lose scenario. Either DCA never succeeds and never stands on its own, in which case they wouldn't build a third park - OR - DCA turns around, starts pulling in the crowds and making money, and in the process proves that the philosophy of building cheap and expanding later works.
    I wouldn't jump right to that conclusion. The idea with the "start small/cheap and expand" parks was to see imediate $$ and a major boost in attendance to the overall resort. Neither of these occured. While you maybe able to say, that the philosophy would be proven correct if DCA succeeds but, it does not mean it will be the popular philosophy. I think WDC learned it mistake, think of all the hours and $$ WDC has had to spend correcting the park they thought they could just open and expand.

Don't be so cynical , there's a great big beautiful tomorrow, even for DCA!
    - Horizonsfan

• Minion

I think it would be cool to combine different lands and a water park. You could slide through the villains' lair or a frozen forest.
    The daydream princess

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Six Flags Disney Mountain!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

After management has seen the goof that is DCA and how disappointing guests were with it, I hope that they had learned their lesson and will give us something absolutely smashing.

And I may be the only one who feels this way but I'm 100% against a Villains land or something of that nature. It just feels so... "out of ideas". I rather have lands where a fantastic villains attraction would fit into the natural landscape... rather than making the villains theme for the sake of making villains rides.

Whatever the third park is, I hope they have space for the mountain I've been dreaming up my entire life: FIRE MOUNTAIN. There ain't room in Disneyland and it sure don't fit the theme of DCA... so to the third gate design team: make it so!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Make it a Walmart park. Hire a buch of old people and have them shove strollers at you!
    How DARE you stereotype people in that manner!

Oh, and uh...you forgot "chain smoking." It should read "Hire a bunch of CHAIN SMOKING old people..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And I may be the only one who feels this way but I'm 100% against a Villains land or something of that nature. It just feels so... "out of ideas". I rather have lands where a fantastic villains attraction would fit into the natural landscape... rather than making the villains theme for the sake of making villains rides.
    Hear! Hear! (and yes, it's "hear hear" not "here, here" as people always erroneously write it). You're not alone. I've always just rolled my eyes at that concept and I can't stand it.

Then again, I'm also sick of "Mountain" this and "Mountain" that too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Whatever the third park is, I hope they have space for the mountain I've been dreaming up my entire life: FIRE MOUNTAIN. There ain't room in Disneyland and it sure don't fit the theme of DCA... so to the third gate design team: make it so!
    And Bald Mountain too! Fire Mountain is definitely one of the rides I hope Disney builds in the future. There is already a volcano ride in Tokyo DisneySea; Journey to the Center of the Earth. It is reminiscent of the old Fire Mountain concepts, except it took a dark ride approach with elaborate sets instead of the indoor coaster concept. They do both share thethrilling launch out of a volcano via eruption concept though.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

how about when building the third park, why not create something that hasnt been created?

we have the anaheim parks, we have wdw, tokyo disneyland, disneyland paris, disneysea, hong kong disneyland(all with at least 5 attractions of the same type in each park), plus the water parks, etc.

also, why not include some( if not all) of the rides/attractions that were removed from the anaheim park( including the country bear jamboree)

and most importantly, build the park with wwwd in mind(what would walt do?)

and MOST IMPORTANT; DO NOT BRING BACK THE EISNER CURSE: DO NOT BUILD ON THE CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Have to love all the Californians asking if Disney can make money on a water park in LA. To all of you that must ask, look up the Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. That town has not one, not two but three outdoor waterparks, one of which is the largest in the country. They are open Memorial Day to Labor Day, and still make plenty of money. My bet is that the shortest season a park in LA would have would be a mid April through Columbus Day, it would make plenty of money.
    Another water park would be a waste of money for Disney.

Within 30 minutes of Disneyland you can get to Knott's Soak City, Raging Waters, and Wild Rivers. There is also Hurricane Harbor for people in LA.

There is also about 20 minutes away an enormous water park which also happens to be absolutley free called the Pacific Ocean.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

One more thing, the water parks here have the same season -- May through September. The weather is just too cool and everyone is in school generally outside of those months to justify operating them.

•   

I don't see anything wrong or played out with a Villian idea. There's so much you can do with that. I think it's a lot better than a water park. That to me is building something as a last resort.
    Don't get me wrong, all of the ideas here can be great if done properly!
    I just want what you all want, a quality theme park!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast