Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• My laughing place

Re: We are so getting a 3rd park!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    It would be nice if maybe they'd redirect some of those energies toward Tomorrowland. I know I am a broken record about this, but I find it disturbing that they are 'discussing' a 3rd park possiblilty, when the original is still 'broken' with it's current dilapidated 'land of tomorrow'.

Personally, I'd rather read news articles in the paper about the plans for Tomorrowland instead of another park.
    I will probally be labeled pessimistic..but I think TDA just has $$ on their mind. They are just think about all money a third park can generate.

I agree DD, they should fix Tomorowland and DCA first. Fix whats broken first and then you can discuss a third park.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr View Post
    I will probally be labeled pessimistic..but I think TDA just has $$ on their mind. They are just think about all money a third park can generate.

I agree DD, they should fix Tomorowland and DCA first. Fix whats broken first and then you can discuss a third park.
    regarding tomorrowland and dca, I agree. some progress is being made, but not nearly enough.

"There’s no firm plan for the Anaheim land yet, he said, despite rumors of a Wide World of Sports-type complex. "

Oh. My. God.
    I have heard a lot of ideas bandied about for a third gate--if indeed such a thing even happens before 2030--villians themed, Westcot, DisneySea, something alltogether original--but "Wide World of Sports" is easily the worst idea I've ever heard. I don't know about you, but with the massive corporization, shameless athletic bahavior, and outrageous salaries, I think modern sports is the last place I'll ever find magic in. I can just see it now: "DisneySportsBarLand": Come for the rides, stay for the wings."
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I still wouldn't mind seeing a Villian Park. A park that still uses old and new Disney characters in new modern ways. It all just depends on space and money. I know I myself alread have a blue print in my mind of a Villian themed park but imagine all the ideas the Imagineers already have or have had.

One question, what rights does Disney have to Nightmare Before Christmas??? Would they be able to use that to build a Halloweentown from the movie? A Christmas overlay is an easy Christmastown away with that! Throw in a flume ride using Lock, Shocke and Barrel's tub that takes you through town and into Oogies lair through that big pipe! Possibilities are endless!

I just hope they spend the money on it this time.
    I've always liked the idea of having the third park be all about Villians. There could be some great coasters with that theme alone and other great rides too.

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    I don't see a third park happening for a while. I'd be surprised if construction started in 5 yrs. But, I really hope its another theme park, not a sports complex or water park. Here's to it being the realization of Westcot!
    I too hope it's neither a water park or a sports complex type thing. I don't do water parks and well, sports complexes as a third Disney park? I don't think so. They already sold the two sports teams they owned for a limited time. What makes them think they can be successful in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with villains and rides to support them. But there is something absolutely wrong with making a "villainsland". Villains come from all genres, all species, all shapes and sizes. Cramming them all together into one mishmashed land would be proof that creativity has died at Disney Imagineering.

Don't mean to be rude if it looks like it. I just think the villains are too great to be limited to just one section of a park.
    It doesn't have to be one "land". Could be a whole park dedicated to villains.

It would be nice if maybe they'd redirect some of those energies toward Tomorrowland. I know I am a broken record about this, but I find it disturbing that they are 'discussing' a 3rd park possiblilty, when the original is still 'broken' with it's current dilapidated 'land of tomorrow'.

Personally, I'd rather read news articles in the paper about the plans for Tomorrowland instead of another park.
    But I most agree on D Daddy on this. Honestly, Tomorrowland should be getting upgraded like every 10 years to keep up with the latest technologies, etc. Especially on the exterior look. Right now, it's kind of a mix between the old '98 bronze-y crap and some new stuff with Space Mountain being white again, etc.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Q: If Wide World of Sports opens on the West Coast, will there be a HOOTERS?

• Banned User

Would someone post a link to the parcel in question located on Google Maps?

• Banned User

cast my vote too about redirecting their focus to fixing tomorrowland.

and the return of the skyway!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Would someone post a link to the parcel in question located on Google Maps?
    The strawberry field/Katella lot?

Lower left:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...25277&t=h&om=1

Closer look:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr

I think it's way too small for a major park and you'd have to buy out all that real estate to get more land.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    The strawberry field/Katella lot?

Lower left:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...25277&t=h&om=1

Closer look:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr

I think it's way too small for a major park and you'd have to buy out all that real estate to get more land.
    Thank you.

Alright people, can you say water park (if anything at all?). I say, Disney don't waster your time on it, just fix DCA!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456