Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Very nice Hotel, but the rooms are a tad small(especially for what one might pay to stay there). We loved the pools and the ability to ride Grizzly River until we were soaked to the bone then just go right up to our room and change

We had a Monorail view in a Courtyard room with a partial view of DownTown Disney. Pretty nice, although next time we go we might try to get a Theme Park view.

Don't forget to wake up the townies from their slumber on lobby sofas
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Still wants to be a cat!

I stayed there over Thanksgiving weekend in 2003, had one of the cheaper rooms, smoker here, but my daughter loved it. Monorail went under our room so she kept track of the colors running over the 3 days there. Great service, great atmosphere, great pool area....well worth staying there. We stayed at DLH last Thanksgiving and Marina (my daughter) enjoyed that more, but it is more kid friendly. We are going to try Paradise Pier next year, Marina wants to try out every Disneyland Hotel property....we always leave Hubby at home....Mother/Daughter weekend away, so he can watch football in peace and put up the Christmas lights!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• no flash photography...

speaking of the monorial and courtyard views. Here was the view from our room..

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

12 and 7 years olds may find it a little stuffy and most likely won't appreciate the art and craft atmosphere, or the big cozy fireplace in the lobby and the luxurious comfy furniture to sit in. I have friends with children about the same age and I didnt recomend it DHL more there thing.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Great pic!!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Santa Barbara, CA

In a word great. location location location, drinks drinks drinks..The concierge level is really nice. If convenience is what you want, then it rocks. Napa Rose is a surprisingly good restaurant too. We love it and try and stay there when we're down there. It is expensive. With a family of 4 you can sink 800 bucks before you know it.
    We make the kids sleep out in the car and they still think downtown disney is disneyland..their fave ride is the trammerhorn. shhhhhhhhhhh :-)

No negatives that I can think of.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Darn I guess my kids were just too old when the GC was built to pull of that one, now they are old enough to know better and love the place and when they hear we are going to stay there they all show up with their luggage even though they live like 40 minutes away!!

• Greetings, Program!

I live far too close to it to justify staying a night there (especially at those prices), but I think it's a fantasic, majestic place. I come in to appreciate the many floors of its architecture as much as I can.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I have a 15 year old and he liked the GC, but he likes the DL hotel better. We did not like Paradise Pier at all when we stayed there 3 years ago. I liked the GC best, although it is quite expensive. The only reason we stayed there was becuase my employer paid for the first four nights and we only had to pay for three nights. I didn't think the room was small, it was no smaller than the one we had at Paradise Pier. The pool was great at the GC and the close proximity to everything was the best part!

• Random Thinking

I am excited...My sweetie and I are spending our wedding night at the Grand Californian, actually, two nights, before we leave on our honeymoon. I am so excited! We did get a park view room!
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12